Skip to content
Saturday *****12/15/2012 ****10 days left until Christmas ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is cold this morning....at least it is not so early....I was up later than usual and had a rough day yesterday....I think so many people did....so much sadness and no answers for what might have caused it....thoughts and prayers go out to so many people who have lost loved ones....the entire world has been affected by this tragedy....

Today is our last day of double digits....we truly start the single day tomorrow....as it gets to just a couple days past a week....
I do hope everyone is about ready for this Christmas....or well on the way....it will arrive whether we are ready or not....

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....and that you will soon learn how to *dance with the dragon instead of draggin the dragon....(as Nana B calls it)....it does take a trial and error process though to figure out the right combination for this to happen....we, FMers, must keep on keeping on....until we get to this....

Vitamin D....ask your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked if you have not already done so....this is important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well....

Here is hoping that everyone will make a special effort to hug your children and grandchildren today and tell them just how much they are loved....I try to do this each and every time I see or talk to mine....

Have a good Saturday.....

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi,
I haven't been on much today. I was at mom's, helping her decorate the tree and getting our laundry done. Yesterday I was there too, baking more cookies (36 dozen!). I got them all delivered too.

Last night Husband and I were at our church, keeping it open for anyone who wanted to offer prayers or needed comfort. Tomorrow night we will be there too, helping with a special prayer service. Two of our members lost grandchildren in yesterday's shooting, and we need to come together to support them as they grieve. It was such a horrendous act and we'll probably never know why it happened.

That's all for now---I am tired and I need to rest before I jump back into the fray tomorrow. Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening, I hope you are all doing well. I was fortunate enough to reach 40hrs at 9 am Friday. I could have stayed at work until my usual 2:30, but instead I clocked out and enjoyed the day. I was tired having not fully recovered from my 13.5 hr day on Wed.

We had a nice blanket of snow here and they thought we were going to get a bit more. The big lake decided it would turn that into rain. We have had rain all day and the pretty white snow is almost gone. I am sure we will get more soon, I am not used to brown Christmas's here.

I have felt slightly better the last couple weeks since starting Gabapentin. It is subtle but very welcome. The only wierd thing is that I although it makes me drousy I have a harder time falling asleep.

Angleswife, that is a crazy amount of cookies you guys have been baking. Mimi, I hope you are able to destress and relax tonight.

There is so much tragedy in the world. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones to someone elses hand. I think part of the problem is the media. These damaged people that do these things get such recognition their names are in every household. to me that is one of the motives. They want the world to know who they are, to be famous.

I hope you all have a great night, take care everyone.

Cory

booch007 responded:
Good morning on Sunday from me...Nancy B

Still in an ouch situation, I have hurt my back bad....bulged disc in the L's....sciatic pain pain bilaterally and pelvic pressure...my spinal nerves are pissed at me.

I have been on bedrest for the last 2 days and I am a bit better burt ...GEEZ NOT THE TIME for bedrest.

What else can happen...the house fall down?

It has been so sad watching the news of the Connecticut disaster. The mind of a sick person will never be understaood.
All those angels taken from their parents. No pain I have and challenge I fight is as bad as the crisis they are dealing with.

Well not much to say, I am in bed hoping for relief and not a tightening of the other issues I have. The bed is not a friendly place for me and my muscles, but it has to be for the spine right now.

Mimi, in the 20's testerday and now 37* befoere the sun even arrives,,,so I think it will be a good day!

Have a better one today guys, Nancy B..

Sharon..I could smell those cookies at my house...Mmmmm.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
199 of 216 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.