Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday *****12/16/2012 **** 9 days until Christmas ****single digit days *
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is raining this morning....it is not that cold though....and I think this is goig to be a brief rainy period....yesterday DH took me to get my pork chop sandwich at the famous *Snappys*....for those of you who watched Andy I am sure you will recognize the name....Andy referred to it several times in his shows...I also visited the Christmas shop right across the street...It was a nice trip...I needed to get away....sometimes this is good for both the body and the mind....it has been a quiet week-end overall.

I fixed chili for today's lunch and it smells so good....I will also cook cornbread and have a salad to go along with it as well...I think my daughter is going to take Alec to see the *Nutcracker* today...it starts around 2...so it will be a quick lunch for them, if they decide to come.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....there are no quick fixes so hang in there and continue to search until you find what it takes to take the edge off of your pain....I am sure that with all of the good support and information here you will be able to tell a difference soon in how you feel....but it does take a process in order to do this.

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Remember to hug your children and grandchildren every chance you get and tell them just how much you love them....this is so very important.

Have a great day and enjoy some sunshine if you have any.

That's all.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

I tried to post and said it was sorry it ATE it! So I start again.

I have hurt my back...BAD*. I am on bedrest with a bulged disc in the L's. I have sciatica down both legs and I can't believe I am such a mess. THIS IS NOT THETIME FOR BEDREST!

Talk about being put on your butt.

I have been following the news in Connecticut and it is beyond comprehension. We will never know how to follow a sick mind. We just have be defensive all the time. No more "Mayberry" living. doors locked....security systems...

I heard last night my Sister in law (married to my brother in Florida....her Fater was killed in the Corpus Christi Mall yesterday at 11 am. He was shopping for Christmas! He was stabbed by a druggy in the mens room and robbed.

Stabbed so much in the chest he died immediately. Leaving a Parkinsonian wife (that he cared for) and a retarded daughter that he cared for......

If those who are violent only could know that they touch many lives when they rob a life.....thisis an overwhelming problem for my sister in law now......theyare in Texas and she in Florida and they need care and attention...he was only 60 y/o.

It is the holiday season and sadness is all around .

I have caught a bit of holiday spirit among the gifts I am giving...and the idea of the dinners here are still overwhelming but with the back now, I will HAVE to have help. I can't even bring the chairs up the steps! DH knows I am in trouble.

Last night DS#2 suprised us with tickets to see the TransSiberian Orchestra....I couldn't go..I couldn't sit for 2 hours in the car, walk tot he staiun find a seat and sit all night and walk again.....I couldn't. He was so upset and disappointed............ I tried not to let it get me. He just didn't think of the dragon and then he wasn't really aware of the back issues I have had all week. TENSE and can bring ya down moments....

His MIL and FIL took them and went last night. My DH was sad too, but he could see how I haven't been able to walk...put on my stockings...lift anything fro the bottom of the fridge. OUCH.

This too shall pass.....it is my odies way of crying out "ENOUGH". I have to listen now. I am on bedrest and will check in at some other time. Hugs to all, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
OMG....Nana B....I am so sorry that you are having to deal with so much....I hope and pray that things will get better for you NOW....but we all know that it takes time for us FMers to get over anything....it is all a process and a very slow one at that for the most part.

I am so sorry also for your sister in law....so much going on in this world....OR are we just aware of it? I have no idea....I do know that no one ever knows what may or may not happen next....it is so much sadness to deal with and especially at this time of year....

I hesitate to say this but have we, as a society, done this to ourselves....so many changes with everything....

I know that when I worked I had 3 conversations with the CEO of our company....the last conversation was about errors being made and the company had to write off and absorb a million dollars worth of errors....my last words to him were these errors are going to destroy this company....and several years later....it did....these were *stupid mistakes* that were being made by employees who were not paying attention to what they were doing....I think this is all over the nation....there are people in positions who have no business being in them....I just worry that we are doing a lot of what is going on to ourselves....

Morals, standards and values are so very important....but what has happened to them? And just where is the integrity of America? These just did not *disappear on their on*...

I hope Nana B that soon you will be so much better.

Prayers and thoughts are with you and all of those who are facing so much this holiday season....

Take care...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. I have to start off by saying I hope your body gives you a break soon Nancy B. Back pain is the worst. My heart goes out to you and you sister in law today.

Morals and structure are so important. I think too many parents don't parent anymore. They focus on money and material posesions. A child needs rules, discipline, and most of all, love. All behavior is learned. I am greatful that my wife is on board with me to build our children into good people with confidence, and who know right from wrong. We can't protect them from exposure to everything but we can take the time to explain it to them.

It is still warm and wet here in northern MN this morning. All the snow is gone in town. Later everything is supposed to freeze and then change to snow again. We have crazy swings in the weather by the big pond. This weekend calls for highs in the tens.

I have been doing alright. I feel better overall than I have in months. All my little pains are still there but less prominent. I hope it stays that way.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Take care everyone.

Cory

dakotaspirit1957 replied to booch007's response:
Oh Nancy... Dearest Nancy... I wish I could send my healing spirit to you and make you all better... I have several herniated and bulging discs also and it makes life miserable... My heart goes out to you... I hope it doesn't interfere with your lovely holiday spirit... You deserve to be blessed with a wonderful Christmas and New Year... Hold on tight to hope... And believe...

I send thoughts and prayers to your dear sister in law and her family... Such cruelty should never exist in our world... Especially this time of year when we should be experiencing Peace and Love...

Word can't express what I am feeling right now... Just take care and be good to yourself... Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.