Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****8 days until Christmas ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC....and I did not have a good night.....woke up around 3 this early am....and my mind was spinning....I did have to get up and was up for a while....but then I had to try to rest some more....turned on the tv and finally drifted off to sleep again....and then is was around 9 before I woke up again....the furbabies slept in also.

So much going on and of course I have grandchildren as well to worry about.....one can not help but worry.

I do hope each of you had a good night's sleep and was at least able to get enough rest....as we all know just how much stress affects us FMers...I also know that some of you are enduring additional health issues as well and it is so important to get enough rest and the right kind of rest in order to keep the wrath of the dragon, aka FM, at bay.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better....there are no quick fixes....and it does take a trial and error process to find whatever your body requires to make this happen.

Vitamin D....please speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked.

I hope everyone will have a better day today....that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Take care and be safe. Remember to hug your children and grandchildren and let them know just how much you love and care about them.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Teelady1 responded:
Morning!

Mimi, sorry you didn't sleep well. I wish you good sleep tonight!

Fortunately, I have had a couple of good nights of sleep. I could tell as symptoms were getting better/subsiding that my recent flare was dying down. YAY! I'm just hoping I can keep stress at a minimum and weather changes this week won't start up another flare.

I made good progress on my Christmas projects and shopping over the weekend. I've been doing a little at a time. Mainly going to just 1 store an outing. Instead of the store-to-store-to-store routine that just wipes me out. My trip to Target this evening will cross off several gifts since I'm getting Targer gift cards for my niece and nephews and Starbucks cards for my sister-in-law and a friend. There is a Starbucks in the Target. Convenient.

Wishing everyone a no pain - or less pain day and good sleep tonight!

katmandulou responded:
Hello FM Sibs - is your shopping done? Mine is almost, gotta get a couple of gift cards. Not bad for someone who just spent 11 days in a hospital!

Cold, rainy and on the edge of freezing here. They're saying that parking lots are slippery, but the main roads are clear.

I have an appt with my surgeon this afternoon, and I'm hoping I can start eating 'real food' soon. The low-fiber diet means there is no 'output', since fiber keeps everything moving. UGH! My snack of choice lately is oyster crackers - no fiber but I get a crunch.

Just a few words about the awfulness in Newtown, CT. There is a quote that has been attributed to Morgan Freeman (he didn't say it) that blames the media for sensationalizing the event. There is a lot of truth there. I was in school in the 60s and 70s - were there shootings then? Probably. Did we get the news in real time? No. Here's a link to a blog where I found the essay: http://jasonbwatson.com/2012/12/16/its-because-of-the-way-the-media-reports-it/

Mimi, I wish you better days and better nights. I keep remembering your admonition to pace ourselves. I start feeling good and I overdo.

Teelady1, good idea to go to one store at a time. Goes hand-in-hand with Mimi's 'pace yourself'!

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

lb707 replied to katmandulou's response:
Good morning,

Mimi I was with you.....sleep did not happen much last night. Had so much pain when I went to bed that was causing trouble. Then the wind and rain was so bad the dogs were not sleeping well. On the bed Off the bed.

Finally at 4:00 I got up and sat in the recliner holding two dogs like two children. They slept but my pain would not let me sleep. So it will be a long day.

So here they are curled up on couch with me SLEEPING! Gotta love them.

laurab

jillylin responded:
Hi Mimi,
I finally managed to check in on the right day.

I'm sorry you did not have a good night. Seems Fibro robs us even of sleep. Hopefully you'll do better tonight.

I went to a German Christmas Market yesterday, in Birmingham. I had a good day but am paying for it today. Just a few hours strolling around, even with regular stops and rests, and I am just about able to move today.

I was shaken to my core with those terrible shootings in CT. My grandbabies live in Arizona and I know their guns laws are different. I just wanted to grab my babies and hug them tight. Scype is just not the same.

Hope you all are doing as well as you can.
Hugs
Jilly in the UK

katmandulou responded:
Hi, checking back in with doctor news...

I got the ok to eat real food, fiber and everything. YAY! He's concerned that I've had no 'output' so I'm having a simple x-ray tomorrow. At least it's not a CT scan, having to drink that awful stuff before hand...
Lou

dollbug replied to katmandulou's response:
Hello Lou....so glad that you will now get to eat real food....I hope your x-ray turns out ok....and I hope you continue to recover....just remember to pace, pace and pace even more...

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

foreversore replied to katmandulou's response:
Hey, Lou ditto what MiMi said. I am so glad you are recovering nicely! Good luck with your x-ray tomorrow. I hope everything turns out OK.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I didn't feel like myself yesterday. I cannot even describe it. I was very edgy, tired, and my head was not right. It kind of freeked me out and I am glad it passed.

I slept alright, I woke to turn over a few times. I was feeling a little rough tis morning mut for a Monday it went well. After work I went to help my older neighbor with FM. There was a short in the wiring in her old house. After investigation I can see why. A microwave, 2 lamps, a ceiling fan, an AC unit, and an outside porch light were all on the same breaker. I am seperating it into two, removing the bad line, and installing the new. I hope to finish tomorrow.

I hope you all sleep good tonight, take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.