Skip to content
Do you believe anxiety brings on a flare
franr posted:
Hi Guys
Well I just returned from the Rhematologists who wasn't mch help.He thinks this flare was brought on by a fall I had a few weeks ago and I have some anixety over what a cowrker is going through and recommended I returned to the pharmacologist again to readjust my meds .Increas the neurotin and get counseling.He believes this is why I am not sleeping. Can this be all in my head.It seems these doctors want to pass the buck lately In the mean time we are dying here in pain. His answer to my sleep issues were well at least you are sleeping 4 hours now. Hello I need a good night sleep.He also recommended PT in the pool.Yes we all know these things help. Thoughts please.

lb707 responded:
I suffer from fibro and anxiety plus other issues. Pain brings on anxiety and anxiety brings on pain and on it goes. With all this sleep is hard to come by.

I still feel my anxiety is caused by living in chronic pain since the anxiety comes down on the few days my pain is tolerable. It seems each Dr. has there own ideas. I remember me telling my Psychiatrist that the tramadol seemed to help my mood and she said it was that mood was better because of being in less pain.

lalab

dollbug responded:
Hello Fran.....MiMi in NC....I think we, FMers, all go through this....at least in the beginning....it is a vicious cycle that we all experience....sorry that the doctor was not much help to you.

By chance, have you gotten your Vitamin D level checked? Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

As for your question above....yes....I happen to know that anxiety and stress can cause *major issues* for me....and no....I do not think that *it* is just all in your head, BUT some of it is....I think that the brain actually *controls* most all of anyone's pain....lack of sleep can also cause pain as pushing ourselves can play a major part in how to cope....and the list is endless.

Learning how to cope with the *wrath of the dragon takes a trial and error process* and what works for one may or may not work for you.....there is no quick fix to anything related to it, that I am aware of.

But I do know that there is something out there that will help you cope better....you just have to figure out what it is....more than likely it will be a *combination of tools*.

Pills are not always the answer and neither is therapy....both may or may not help you....I do hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page....and expect at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to try before making a decision as to whether or not it is helping you, unless, of course, it is making you sicker than you have been.

We, FMers, must keep on keeping on.....this might be hard for you in the beginning.....as I know it was for me....but things do get better....trust me, with time....you will find what you need to cope better, so hang in there.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

jillylin responded:
Hi Fran,

stress sure does cause flare ups for me. And lack of sleep makes it worse so we sleep even less and then we are in more pain. It is a never ending circle.
Hugs
Jilly

foreversore responded:
I am currently stuck in that revolving door of pain, anxiety and little to no sleep. I wish there was an easy way off of this merry go round but I know I can't do it by myself and I need my doctor's help. i try all of the suggestions they give and all of the different medications but so far no luck. i guess I will keep trying....

Anon_2912 responded:
I have dealt with insomnia for the last 19yrs. Tried everything even went to sleep doctors, tried, CBT, but nothing. My brain will not shut down.

I developed this insomnia due to graves/hyper. Literally NEVER sleet for more than 3-4 hrs every night. I can do that by taking ambien & sominex.

Although I don't have anxiety, or depression I just have insomnia....due to hyper/graves..

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.