Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need Dr. in NE Oklahoma
zbrick posted:
I am so frustrated. I can't find a dr. that treats fibromyalgia in this area. There are a couple but they don't take medicare unless the patient is over 65. Can anyone make recommendations for a Dr. near Tulsa?

painfullyexhausted responded:
I've never heard of a doctor not taking medicare because you're not 65. Assuming you are disabled ? I wouldn't think that it would make a difference, Medicare is Medicare, right ? Can you talk to someone and find out who is a provider ?

I'm not trying to be downcast or anything, I obviously don't know much about how it works but there's got to be a way to get a provider list. I work in a physicians office, as a nurse, but my employer takes Medicare regardless of age.

I probably wasn't much help, I guess I'm just not understanding this.

Best of luck....

dollbug responded:
Hello zbrick and welcome....actually we are not allowed to make recommendations for doctors here on WebMD....(their policy) but you can to the link below and it should be able to provide you with information for whatever area you are close to....I hope this helps.

I hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* (this is where this link is also)....I am sure you will find some good *tools and tips* that might help you cope better.

Take care and good luck....

MiMi

National Fibromyalgia Association
http://www.fmaware.org
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.