Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday ****12/18/2012 ****7 days until Christmas ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...only a week until Christmas....it will fly by....as the stores are crowding with people trying to do what they need to do to get ready for this holiday.

Little children every where are getting ready for Santa to arrive....I asked Alec what he wanted for Christmas and I was shocked when he told me if really did not matter....whatever he got is ok...and Noah does not really know either...the elf took Noah's pacifier...and left him a surprise....he only used it at night time...but it was time for him to give it up...he is such a sweet heart...he reminds me so much of his daddy....not only in looks but ways as well...his dad was such a good little boy as well.

Here is hoping those of you who are having extra issues had a good night's rest and that today will be a turning point for you to be so much better...I woke up around 5...at least it was not 3 am instead...

It is going to be around 60* today...so that will be ok...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon....you, too, will soon learn how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon...(as Nana B says)...

This is a process though....as most anything and everything is with FM...it takes time and effort and a lot of trying different *tools and tips*....so hang in there and know that things will indeed get better...

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Merry Christmas FMily....as everyone gets ready in this last week before the big day....remember the reason for the season...

Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine if you have some.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Ohhhhhh GOOOOOD Morning!

I have turned the corner! The second dose of Meloxicam and 2 1/2 days of bed rest DID IT! Or maybe that girdle for one day! I am out of the back pain! WOW that truly out trumps all the mess I am in!

Said to DH in bed last night....my eye issues were and are low on the totem pole right now.....the leg (veins) don't even feel em! Well, the dragon is here....I started looking at that as an added part to the back and went around looking for a trigger point zone near the lower back.........

Found a hot spot lateral to almost my side and it was bad....massage and pressed on it and worked it, don't know if that was the button that helped too.....BUT I AM BETTER.....

Fmily, I hope all who deal with a back are in alignment right now. I can't imagine having that pain all the time. So crippling.

I had DH to do shopping with me and he carried bags and got the wines for the holiday.......we rested and then off to sit with the grandchildren and dinner with our Son......GOOD night.

Olivia is so full of personality as I know Noah is (they are the same age) the binky is staying here.....I think until the sister needs to lose hers, it would be chaos to do one without the other....but I saw a great bathroom "I can do it myself" thing going on.....I also got a NO clear out of Madelyn. Slow to talk, but with a grunt, she gets what she wants......"Why talk?"

I snuck into their bushes and knocked on the window and had 2 reindeer dancing in the window....all I heard was screams....Nana's here! Great medicine! Then I heard my DH yelling at me for the mud on my shoes!! (We can't wear shoes in their house anyway!!) Good stuff*.

I was so careful to lift or put myself at risk. Oh even to sit here and type and not have the back throbbing.........tonight we go see the "Irish Christmas" with some friends at the dinner theater here.....Better just in time. Took my weekend away but it is OK now that I am through it....I just had to turn the "victim" back in to the nurse and talk to myself......got the plan and hooray" it worked...

I am so hopeful for all to be pacing and caring for themselves....look for the good to come in the next few days. I have still some negative in my heart and I am hopeful it washes away soon.......Having only 20 for Christmas Eve is actually a gift, when 40-45 is what I have normally....so in a way it is GOOD.

The children are coming at 4pm on Christmas which gives time to get the house in order, sleep a bit late and they then have the house to themselves to play and see** all the Santas and toys that Nana has...

Olivia said, Oh Nana I am so glad you came tonight...I haven't seen you in so long! I love you! Man that is powerful medicine right now. Hope I have that forever.

OK, A good day to all. Sharon (angelswife) Thanks you so much for you loving call yesterday. To reach out to hug me, was so unexpected...Maybe you were the medicine that put me back together too.............Thank you!

Hugs Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
OMG.....I am so happy for you Nana B...Just turning the corner helps me at times...I am still struggling with the lower back issue....but I decided that I was not willing to get the injection in the back for it right now....so I will deal with the heating pad for a while longer....in hopes that it will clear up....not that I am counting on it to do so. I am ok with just taking *baby steps* along the way, as long as nothing gets worse.

It is good to know that something is out there....we just have to figure out what it will take to help us....I think I am going to get a new pillow....to sit on...I have used a bathroom cushioned rug for a while now which has helped some....not as much pressure on the back when I am sitting at the computer....I sit on pillows in my recliner...and I think sitting on them will indeed help me.

Noah is growing so much....as I am sure your granddaughters are also....he has been so easy to learn new things and he is so very smart....I still hope he will get a sibling one day....but nothing in the works as I am aware of....it is really tough on young people trying to raise a family these days....we help as much as we possibly can....we have a lot going on right now.

OK....Nana B....I just wanted to tell you that I am glad to hear you are getting better....remember though to pace, pace and pace even more....try to keep yourself in a good place now....with Christmas just a few days away...down to only a week now. We all need to watch what we do and how we do it as well.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
Checking in late today....the "visitor" has reared its head so I'm taking it easy. It's been gray and rainy, though, so I haven't been out much anyway.

I did go to the PT place this morning, to do my exercises. What I thought was a sprained ankle (the bad one, of course) is actually an injury to my achilles tendon. It's inflamed and my ankle has been swollen for a week. The PT has me do a stretching exercise for it; and the tendon is so tight that when I flex my toes against the wall I can't bend my knee. My brain tells it to bend but it just sits there.

There is also some lingering paralysis in my foot, which is probably nerve-related. My last three toes are intermittently numb (one is permanently numb); and when I try to raise myself onto my toes, I can't. There is just nothing there. I am not able to walk with the normal heel-to-toe motion either, because that right foot won't go up onto the toes. It's a bit frustrating. I guess I've hit a plateau recovery-wise, and I'm hoping this won't be as good as it gets. I want to be able to walk normally again, even if I don't get the feeling back.

I've also had an issue with vertigo, ever since I had my tooth pulled. I talked to the PT about this too. He said it is probably from my neck (it happens when I stand up, lie down, or roll over onto my right side) because of having to lie in the dentist's chair for close to an hour with my head turned to the left. He did notice the disc in my neck is out again; and he thinks the oral surgery probably caused it. The surgery put a lot of stress on my neck, and I was unconsciously resisting. I am sure that didn't help either.

So...there are some issues to grumble about. Aside from those, however, I've been feeling better health-wise. I actually want to get out of bed in the morning, and I'm even looking forward to the holiday. That's a huge improvement. I've been crocheting gifts for all the GKs (fingerless gloves) and that's keeping me busy too. It hasn't all been bad, lol.

Time to think about dinner---Husband will be coming in any minute. Hope everyone had a good day!

fibroinsd responded:
well...I haven't been around much lately ..so much going on..and not good..

I just got up from a chair a couple of days ago..and my ankle collapsed under me ..and down I went..it is sore..but I think ok...I haven't gone to the doctor and can't decide if I need to..it looks swollen..and hurts to touch the ankle..difficult to go down the stairs..but I am getting around..

We aren't doing much present wise..but trying to figure out something to have for people to open..and it always seems a problem..

My middle son has been having some problems lately..and I am very worried about him...He had an appointment today, so I am sitting here..hoping he will call back soon...hoping to get him on some anti-depressant or anti-anxiety med...hard to get help...when you have no insurance..

my dad is at a new doctors today...I probably should have gone with him...but I let the care-giver do it...so I hope it works out ok...

As for the holiday meals..we will have a little Christmas eve dinner..then church at about 8:00...then Christmas morning breakfast..then dinner...all here..and lots of picking up mom and dad and taking them..and taking them home..back and forth..I am sure I will be exhausted...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.