Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/fibromyalgia/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

anyone get rashes?
    rj1600 posted:
    does anyone get rashes during a flair? maybe on the face or anywhere?

foreversore responded:
    I don't necessarily get a rash you can see but I do get areas of skin that are super sensitive to touch and other areas that just itch like crazy.

jennagale76 responded:
    My face breaks out on the sides of my cheeks and down my neck below my ears. Never thought it had anything to do with fibro.

georgia888 responded:
    I've had a chronic rash for almost a year now & can't seem to attribute it to anything other than the fibro.

The rash is mostly on my back, some on my abdomen & some on the arms. It flares at night when if I start itching, I just can't seem to stop. The itching is sometimes worse than the pain of fibro.

Skin rashes prove a tough challenge for doctors & patients. I've given up trying to figure out its cause & refuse to try steroids or any other damaging drug.

I do believe that it's caused by a weakened immune system, much of what explains many of the fibro symptoms.

Best of luck in finding relief.

georgia

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
    Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    489 of 564 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.