Skip to content
Urinary frequency
memoryfog posted:
Does anyone have urinary frequency as part of their symptoms?

foreversore responded:
I am not a good person to give you an accurate answer to this as I take a diuretic for edema of my legs, ankles and feet but I am sure others will chime in when they see this. I will say that urinary frequency can be a symptom of other issues as well and if it is frequent enough to be of concern I would definitely bring it to the attention of your doctor so that he/she can decide if any further testing is necessary.

booch007 responded:
I have always had urinary frequency, I will say since I changed to water from DIET everythiing it is better. Now I learned the artificial sweetners irritate the bladder..........Ha!

Irritable bladder is part of this, but there are many causes for this and if this is new....it might be an infection. You should get checked out.

Good luck, annoying isn't it? Nancy B

Anon_2912 responded:
A lot of things we eat & drink contribute to this. Some health issues as well.

You need to be seen by a urologist.

Teelady1 responded:
Yes. Especially in a flare or when under a lot of stress. I feel like I'm constantly running to the bathroom. When I brought it to my Dr's attention, he would test for a UTI and the test came back negative. When the flare passed and/or stress lessened, I had less trips to the bathroom.

memoryfog replied to Teelady1's response:
Thank you for all your responses. I feel more at ease knowing it is probably part of FM. When I think back, I have had this before, but did not connect it to FM. I will be more observant in the future, and tell my dr about it.

jennagale76 replied to memoryfog's response:
I have urinary frequency, but it is due to interstitial cystitis, which is a commonly occurring bladder disease in FM sufferers. All of you who have this, or pain with urination may want to google it. Good luck (((((((hugs)))))))

georgia888 responded:
I, too, have urinary frequency, which started about the same time as my fibro. I know it has something to do with the fascia or muscles in the bladder area because when I stretch, I feel the tight pulling sensation in that area as well as other fibro-stricken areas of my body.

I was relieved to see that this is commonly listed as one of the many symptoms of fibro. This is not to say that one shouldn't rule out other conditions when acquiring a fibro symptom.

Fibro is one weird & horrific "syndrome."

georgia

janejanehk replied to georgia888's response:
I have urination problems, too. Got worse these several months. Just found slight bacteria in urine but my doctor said this slight amount cannot cause infection. My blood test is very good.

Any other test I should take? How can I know if it's casued by FM or others?

I really feel frustrated =(

Also, do you have suggestion in my diet?

Lucky that by fibro apin is stablized now after practising Chi Kung these several months, I feel like miracle but the urination problem really make me frustrated.

I also find a chart on caomparison between interstitial cystitis (IC) , and Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP), Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), Endometriosis, Overactive Bladder (OAB), and Vulvodynia.
http://www.orthoelmiron.com/your-ic-symptoms/ic-misdiagnosis

bless to you all, too! Today is the first day in Chinese New Year here but I'm too frustration to go out because of my urination & abdominal pain problem =(

Jane
HK

franr replied to janejanehk's response:
Dear Jane
What a intelligent group this is. Yes everyone is right please try to get a good urologist to make a proper diagnosis. If this is interstitutional cystitis they can treat you and decrease your pain. Please let us know how you are doing. Hugs and prayers.

janejanehk replied to franr's response:
hi FranR,

Thanks Let me find a good resources around my area

blessing,
Jane

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.