Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Merry Christmas *****Hump Day ****6 days until Christmas ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....and it is only 6 more days until Christmas....OMG....the time if now flying by.....better get ready, if you are not already...as it will soon be here....whether you are ready or not.

Yesterday I had a stressful day....lots going on...my daughter in law's grandfather is really sick....he is 94 though and has been sick for several years....she is really close to him though and she has not lost a close family member before so this is going to be really hard on her....she left with Noah and her parents going down to be with him....they were putting him in hospice yesterday....this is so hard on people, epecially those who have not experienced it before....my heart feels her pain and what she is going through and especially this time of the year, but it is like I told her yesterday....we do not get a choice in something like this.

Noah and I had a good time though....he did not want to eat his breakfast though....he is going through being a *picky eater* now....I know most children do experience this at some time or another. He has been such a good eater in the past which makes it hard for me to understand.

Anyway I had a tough time getting to sleep last night...was thinking too much...could not shut off the mind...and woke up with thoughts running through it this morning...I do hope each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for all of us...I hope those who have faced difficult times that today it will get better...it is tough when this happens.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process in order to find just what right combination of tools and tips will help you cope better...so hang in there and know that there is hope....we, FMers, must keep on keeping on...until we learn our process and figure out just how to *dance with the dragon*...instead of draggin the dragon....(as Nana B puts it).

Vitamin D....as always I want to remind everyone to be sure and ask your doctor to get your Vitamin D level checked when important to a lot of people these days...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well...(see the article I shared yesterday, if you have not already read it).

Remember to hug your children and grandchildren today and tell them just how much you love them.

Take care and have a good day.

Remember the reason for the season as Christmas time arrives.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week everyone. I've been away for a few days and wanted to check in with the FMily. I can only stay on for a few lines, but wanted to say Hello to everyone and send everyone best wishes for a good day.

it's sunny here but will be cold for the next few days. It is looking like winter, burr and it will be on Friday.

MiMi, really sorry to hear about your DDIL's grandfather. I will keep her and him in my prayers. Also sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I hope you will be able to sleep better tonight.

I'm going to make a doctor's appointment today because I think I am coming down with a cold. I feel so run down and achy. I do hope he has something in his little black bag that makes me feel better because being sick won't make me a happy camper for Christmas week with the holiday, church and travel plans ahead of my. Ugh, I do hate cold and esp colds that I get in the Fall, Winter and Summer.

Okay, I'm heading off line here. Have a good day everyone. Gentle hugs, Linda R.

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning, Mimi, LindaR and all to follow!

Yikes! Only 6 days until Christmas! I still have some things to do - but at least there are a few days and the weekend to get them done. But I haven't started wrapping yet - and I know that always seems to take longer than you think it should. Why is that? Anyway, I'll start wrapping tomorrow night. This evening is church and church choir rehearsal after the Advent service.

I've actually had a couple nights of good sleep and have been feeling better the past couple of days. We've got a winter storm heading our way with rain tonight turning into snow tomorrow. Undoubtedly, the weather changes with the storm will bring on some aches and pains.

Wishing everyone a good day with no or less pain - and good sleep tonight!

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I am feeling like roadkill on legs today...it's the "visitor" kicking off the usual flare. I feel achy and tired and my whole body is crawling. If I didn't have to go out this afternoon I'd be looking for a hole to hide in until this passes. I really don't feel like doing much.

I crocheted a pair of fingerless gloves for the oldest GD this morning. I used the same yarn, hook, and number of stitches in both of them, and one ended up longer than the other. Can't figure that out. I'm going to make two more, and if they come out the same way then I'll have two pairs, lol. I don't want to waste time taking one apart.

I need to grab a shower before Husband and I run out the door. Maybe that will help me feel better...Hope everyone else is having a good day!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.