Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
answers
loviesena posted:
my name is lovie I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia it is so severe I thought the doctors were wrong so I kept searching im 27 and apparently every blood work and xrays is 100% fine which I guess that's good but all I could do is cry all the meds they tried gave me bad side affects and now I just have to eccept it but I still need something that's going to help me I've tried Cymbalta,sevella,lyrica,abillafy and acouple others my only meds that sorta help are tramadol and muscle relaxer and Xanax I don't know how to feel better this has totally changed my life and the way I live my life my future is scary to think about

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome.....MiMi in NC....I think we are all looking for answers in finding ways to cope with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....I would like to encourage you to be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is really important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well...it is a simple blood test....BUT you must ASK the doctors to run it...as it is not included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do.

It takes a trial and error process to find the right combination of tools and tips that might help you....we are all different and what helps one may or may not help you....you have to just try and decide for yourself...this process though does take time....you should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide
(unless of course it is making you sicker than you were)
to try before making up your mind as to whether or not what you are doing is really making a difference.

This is a unique FM support group and I am sure you will find lots of good information here....I hope you will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page.

Have you tried using a heating pad on places which are causing pain? Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is also a good thing to do....this does take time and effort though....watching what you eat and drinking plenty of water each day is also a good thing to do....doing *gentle* stretches and exercises is also important....as is keeping your stress level at bay....and getting enough sleep....sleep plays an important role in how we, FMers, feel.

Some FMers have found that using a memory foam mattress topper helps them sleep better.... I have found that taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts right before I go to sleep helps my body to relax so that I can sleep better.

I am sorry that you are dealing with so much right now and at a young age....things will get better though as you learn more about FM....you will soon learn how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon.
(as Nana B says-she is one of our members here and a nurse as well)

OK....take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
367 of 394 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.