Skip to content
Thursday *****12/20/2012 *****5 days until Christmas *****
dollbug posted:
Merry Christmas FMily.....only 5 more days until Christmas arrives....my how the days have flown by....MiMi in NC....I hope that everyone is ready....because if not.....Christmas Day will still arrive in 5 days...ready or not.

My DIL grandfather passed yesterday....he was 94 years old and he was ready to go. He had told the family a while back that he was ready. But this is such a sad time at this time of year to be losing a loved one....I think he has to be flown elsewhere for burial and it might be a few days until this takes place....Noah was so worn out last night that he fell asleep at the dinner table...I am sure this will be hard on him as well....being away from home.

I would appreciate any thoughts and prayers that any of you care to send my way for my DIL and her family at this time.

The weather this morning is cool....37* but at least it is dry for now..and going to get in the mid 50*s today....they are calling for clouds and rain headed our way. I was hoping for better weather...but it has been strange weather so far.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....it does take time and effort though as there are no quick fixes that I am aware of.

Vitamin D...please speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked and remember to keep tabs on this...the medical researchers are still doing work on this and reporting more about just how important they think it is.

Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain or at least it did for me....and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The best part is it is a cheap fix. But it does take a process as well. It took me a very long time to get my level back within the *normal range*.

Remember the reason for the season...and remember to hug your children and grandchildren and tell them how much you love them.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I am in a blue mood this morning, and plan to curl up with my journal soon to shake myself out of it. I was going over the budget yesterday; and my plans of actually stocking up with holiday groceries have been shot to hell; so I'm feeling pretty disappointed. I wanted to have some real food in the house for Xmas; but I'll have to content myself with the same old, same old. The "same old" is usually enough to scrape by; I just thought this month we'd be able to do better. As usual, that didn't work. What will be will be.

I've picked up a mild stomach bug, compliments of a friend...We had Bible Study Monday night; and Tuesday morning she posted on FB about how horrible she was feeling. I am not throwing up, thank goodness---just feeling queasy and achy with a low-grade fever and chills. I am hoping it passes quickly because I have a party to go to this afternoon! I have to leave in a couple of hours, in fact. It is our Writers Group end of the year party, and I really don't want to miss it.

Not much else to say...I am going to go dump this mood in my journal and get my brain straightened out. Hope everyone has a good day!

angelswife replied to angelswife's response:
Mimi---I'm sorry. I just re-read your post before I left here and I saw you'd had a death in the family. What a lousy time of year for that. I am sending hugs and prayers your way. XOXO

katmandulou responded:
Five more shopping days... are you done yet?

Cool and sunny here, in the 30s now going to the low 40s. We might get a little snow over the weekend, but it is more likely to rain. Mother Nature can't make up her mind!

The jewelry boxes I wanted for my nieces were too small and way overpriced, so I've got to find a couple I'm willing to buy. A couple of gift card and that's it. AND I'm still within budget for everyone - except DH. I hadn't planned to get him one of those Keurig coffeemakers, but I found a deal. So my Valentine's Day shopping is done too!

Mimi, so sorry for your DIL's loss. This Christmas feels so awful since the incident in CT. I hope everyone remember just ONE of the victims, his/her name and story, instead of the shooter.

angelswife, I wish you better health. You've had a rough year, and I hope your clients call with wonderful work, and you start feeling great again.

I saw the surgeon Monday, and he wanted me to have an x-ray to see what's going on in my belly. There's still "stuff" in there that needs to be expelled, so I'm heading out to get a good laxative. I've always had a slow-running system, and this is just what I wanted to be doing at Christmastime - traveling from bathroom to bathroom!

I wish you all the best Thursday you can possibly have!
Lou

maribelcamaguey replied to katmandulou's response:
h

forgetful88 replied to maribelcamaguey's response:
I think we might get ours started & finished today..

We only do kids under 18yrs old....and who will be @ the gatherings. We have 5 on my side & 5 on my hubby's side.

Five of them are teenagers, so money for them. The others already know what they want. I hate shopping, so in & out maybe an hour tops. Then to subway for dinner...$2.00 sandwhiches...

House already decorated & food has already been ordered for our hosting of the Xmas for hubby's family. We are doing it Sunday, so I am off Monday to clean before I go to my twins for Xmas on Tuesday. And back to work Wed....

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.