Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****Roll Call and Merry Christmas to ALL***12/21/2012 - 4 days left***
dollbug posted:
Merry Christmas to all****TGIF****only 4 days left....MiMi in NC...where it is cold and breezy this morning....I did sleep ok....and I woke up at a decent time this morning....Thank you GOD....as today is going to be a busy one...I have some errands that I need to do...and a lot is going on in my corner of the world...Today just might be a *best* day I have had in several years now....I am looking forward to it...just wish I could be a little fly on the wall....(has anyone ever wished this?) What I would give to *see and hear reactions of someone seeing and reading something that is important....

OK....my young son and his family are now preparing for a very sad day...as their loved one is being prepared to be laid to rest...he was 94 years old and had a good life...and good health until a few years ago....not many can say this about life....but I think he is a good example of this...he will be missed...and I just hope Noah will understand as he speaks of him often.
This time of year is such a sad time to have to face such as this though and it is so hard on those who are a part of it...but it is also something that people have a choice to do.

Here is hoping everyone is now almost ready for Christmas****I think I am just about as ready as I can get....I still have to go to grocery store and pick up some things....but for the most part....I think I am ready for it to arrive....

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better....and I know you will find lots of good tools and tips here that others have shared....it does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of things that will improve the way you feel....baby steps is the key here...as long as a person is not stepping backward....I consider it progress....I know just how long it took me in the beginning to work up to where I was feeling better...so hang in here....we, FMers, must keep on keeping on...until we all learn how to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon*....(as Nana B states-I love her saying)....

OK...so today will be a good day for everyone to finish whatever you have left to do....make it count today and then learn to pace, pace and pace even more until Christmas...this is also a learning process....but indeed a very good one to do...

Perhaps do some research about Vitamins and supplements and just what they might do to help you cope better....this is just how I have learned to manage better with *IT*....again I want to say...speak to your doctor about Vitamin D....so important to a lot of people these days.

Remember to hug your children and grandchildren and tell them just how much you love them....remember the reason for the season....

Take care and stay safe and have a blessed day.

That's all.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday all. I see we're all still here and the planet is spinning normally. I really wasn't worried about today being the last day, according to one of the Mayan's calendars. The next one, found last may in a hut of a Mayan scribe, takes the planet to the year 3550. So I guess there won't be any Mayan " doom day" end of time, during my life time. Whew!

It's so cold here this a.m. 35, up for the low 20 over night. Will only get up to 45 and them back into the lo 20's over night. Yup it's winter alright. UGH :- And as cold as it is I have to go out to the doctor's office in a bit. I hate having to be at a doctor's office so early in the a.m but have no one to blame but myself for this as I took the first opening he had. UGH.

Since I've been hit and miss here the last couple of days I am out of the loop with most here, but let me send quick messages to:

MiMi, again, am sorry to hear of the death of your DIL's grandfather. Always sad to lose someone during the holidays. I hope Noah will understand when he is told. It's so hard to explain death to little ones. Perhaps a child's book on the subject would help start the ' talking' process?

cece, I do hope your schedule with your parents gets easier and that you get to enjoy the down time from your school campus. I know you have few days a month to recoup so I hope you are able to use the next few days away from your job to catch your breath.

angelswife, I hope you are feeling better today. I think of you each day and hope that you are getting better.

NancyB, Hope you are feeling better today. I know you have had a rough few weeks so I hope that your are coming back from much fo it and are feeling better. I would love to talk to you sometime. You can find me on face book or with my email address. Sharon has my phone number.

As for me, today is starting off better, not so much pain or body discomfort. But the cold here isn't helping my pain weary body much. I got a long night's sleep and as MiMi will tell you, a night's rest is so good for those of us who don't get much due to fibro issues and conditions.

Okay, gotta get up and get out the door.
Gentle hugs to all. Linda R.

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning, Mimi, LindaR and all to follow!

A happy Friday to all! Almost Christmas! Lots of wrapping to do over the weekend - and some grocery shopping. Also some crocheting on some last minute scarves. (I won't see the recipients of the scarves until New Year's day - so there's time.)

Feeling fairly good today after some good sleep last night. Did have some pain during the night that woke me up - but fortunately I could fall back to sleep. The snow storm was more wind than snow. I don't think we got more than 2 inches and they were saying as much as 4-6 inches. Well at least it looks like Christmas now.

Wishing everyone a good day with no or less pain - and good sleep tonight!

fibroinsd responded:
Morning..I do hope you all have a good day..this is not a good day for me..I am not going to work..I hurt my foot the other day and it still is bothering me..not sure what to do..

DH and I will leave shortly to go do an annual trip to the mall..we aren't really buying..but will just enjoy some time together..and getting a nice coffee....it is an outdoor mall and it should be a nice day out...

unfortunately, I am very worried about my son up north..I talked to him yesterday and he was not doing well..I feel like I should be getting in the car today and going up there and forgetting about Christmas..but have people here to deal with also...

Did I tell you that the neurologist my dad went to did say he has multiple symptom atrophy. I know I hadn't heard of it before..but it explains all his aches and pains..

Mom's alzheimers is continuing on...she is healthy except for that..

Then there are the other members of the family that are ok..but need my attention too..sigh..not a good year at all..
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

katmandulou responded:
TGIF and a quick check-in today. My Christmas shopping is DONE!

Warm and rainy here, in the 50s with wind-swept rain. DH offered to take me out for breakfast (Panera - yum!) and I needed a light jacket and a hat. Forgot the hat, oh well, the hair isn't great anyway. Picked up the last gift card. Wrapping it up this afternoon!

Continued prayers for all those - here and elsewhere - who are hurting from loss. Mimi's son - the families in Newtown, CT - so many others listed in the papers.

I wish you the Merriest of Christmasses, and the Happiest and Healthiest of New Years.
Lou

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
Coming on late...this morning I was busy crocheting a hat and scarf set for Husband's special needs student (he's 20 but has the mind of an 11-year-old). I was thinking today was Thursday and I suddenly realized it wasn't. I was trying to make the hat and scarf at the same time.

I was also wearing a path to the bathroom...I thought I was over the worst of yesterday's stomach bug, but I found out this morning I wasn't. I probably should have skipped yesterday's party, especially in light of what I ate. I still don't feel great tonight, but at least the bathroom trips have stopped; so maybe now this will be over. I've managed to keep everything down, and that's always a good thing.

Husband and I have to do our shopping tomorrow. I also need to make two more sets of fingerless gloves for family members, along with one scarf. Then it will be on to my other orders, lol. I have several pairs of fingerless gloves going out to various parts of the country after I get the family stuff done. I will also be making some sets for our church's new gift shop. I will have plenty to keep me busy.

Husband is on vacation for the next 11 days now. I am wincing at the hit the paycheck will take; but I'm also delighted I won't have to put up with the 5:45 alarm. I live for the day when I can throw the alarm clock out the window and never have to use it again. I really hate being waked up so early in the morning!

We had a ton of heavy rain here this morning---three inches in four hours,according to our rain gauge. The wind was gusting over 50 mph too. For four hours it was a howling deluge; then it stopped as quickly as it started and the sun came out. The change was almost startling, it happened so fast. Now tonight we may have some snow. It's certainly gotten cold enough for it.

I am thinking of going to bed even though it's only 8:00. Husband had one of his thankfully-now-rare nightmares last night, and he was yelling in his sleep. I had to wake him up to get him to stop. He was restless for a while after that, and neither one of us slept much. I was annoyed at my inability to sleep, especially since I'd taken half a Percocet. Usually when I take that, almost nothing wakes me up.

I actually ran into my PCP at the grocery store the other day. He, of course, asked me how I was doing; so I explained the difficulties I'd been having with my ankle (nighttime nerve pain, interrupted sleep, lingering paralysis in my foot and a stabbing pain in my lower leg whenever I try to stretch it out). His informal dx was Neuropathy along with the RSD; and he told me to call in for a prescription (which I forgot to do, oops!).

He wants me to start taking Amitriptyline to see if it helps. He is concerned about me using painkillers, even though I take them very sparingly. I am open to trying the Amitriptyline, but I am a little uneasy because it's an antidepressant, and I'm not depressed. I worry it might destabilize my mood; and right now my mood is the healthiest thing I have. When I asked him about that, he said, "We'll have to watch it." That's not very reassuring! I'd love to get rid of the pain, but not if it's at the expense of my mood.

Anyway, it's bedtime. I am starting to nod off at the keyboard. Tomorrow is the "big" Xmas shopping day for the family stuff, and I need to get those other gifts crocheted. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.