Skip to content
Hand Pain
franr posted:
Good Morning

Well last night I was able to sleep 5 hours first in 3 weeks. The pharamcologist took me off klonapin after 18 years and put me on xanax.xr but I till had to take a 1/2 of lunesta. I am feeling a bi tbetter butwas wondering does anyone hand pain ,burning acking.Tylero lseems to help after a few hours but they told me to stay off advil etc because of the kidneys. Or could this be a reaction to coming off klnapin. MD claims zanax will take over. I am a nurse but still don't know the answers. Fran

dollbug responded:
Hello Fran......sorry that you are having hand pain issues....I am so aware of just how much this can affect one's mind and body....not a good thing at all...since we all have to use our hands for almost anything and everything we do...In the beginning I had all sorts of hand pain in both hands....I had carpal tunnel and have since had 7 hand surgeries....(2 of this though were for broken wrists when I fell outside)....with 5 due to carpal tunnel issues....I am so very thankful though that now I do not have so much pain...but when I do I use my wrist braces for this....soak them in espsom salts or use the hot wax therapy....these are good things that might also help your pain...

As for you being a nurse and still don't know the answers....I do not think anyone has the answers to dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...and just what we are challenged with each and every day of our journey with *it*...I think we can only hope that some day someone will figure it all out....but I am not sure any of us will be around when this is done...

I do know that it rained yesterday and was cold and I felt like I was 100 years old....I could not believe the pain that surfaced....and I know it has something to do with the weather....as I have not had this much in some time now...I did take 2 advil (gel) last night and this morning I am so much better...I don't take much over the counter medicine either.... but I do take vitamins and supplements every day that has helped me cope better with FM...

I hope you will find something soon that will help you cope better as well....I do hope you have already asked your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....if not...then you might want to do this when you can...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.