Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****12/22/2012 ****3 days until Christmas***
dollbug posted:
Merry Christmas FMily and we are still here.....MiMi in NC.....and it is cold.....but I guess this can be expected.....afterall, it is Christmas time and wintertime as well.....I hope everyone is ready for Christmas to arrive.....and IF not, then I suggest that you get ready or just remember that it will be here soon.....ready or not.....time waits for no one.

It is strange how some people get wrapped up in thinking the end is near.....I have heard this off and on my entire life.....when I was a child I use to hear people talk about just how soon the world was going to end.....and now 50 years later.....it is still being talked about. I do not think anyone will actually know when this is about to take place that it will just happen. It is indeed interesting though to hear what some people think about it and just how much attention such as this can bring. So much going on around the country these days. So many things to be addressed which should be.

OK....so yesterday was a good day.....it will be a day that some people will remember for a while.....I continue to hope that I will be able to soon see my granddaughter.....perhaps yesterday just might be the beginning of this as it just might open up the doors on it.....I guess, with time, we will soon know.....as the process moves forward. I will share more on this later.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope that today will be a good day for us all.....with little to no pain. Try to remember to pace, pace and pace even more.....as you get ready for Christmas.

Welcome to the new members.....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.....there are no quick fixes as anything takes a trial and error process.....which does take time and effort.....you try something and it may or may not work....one should allow though at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide on before moving on to something else....(unless, of course, what you are doing is making you sicker)....

Vitamin D.....I just saw yesterday that it has been reported that Vitamin D does change our brain.....and makes a BIG difference in how we feel....(who would have thought of this?) I have also read that sunshine does NOT provide people with enough.....I guess as they continue to research Vitamin D.....things will change about it and what it may or may not do.

Remember the reason for the season this year.....and remember to hug your children and grandchildren and tell them just how much they are loved.....

Merry Christmas to all.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Good morning all,

Mimi the storm here in NY was so bad yesterday that I was blown into the left lane on my way to work and I was driving with a full tank of gas and slow.....Thanked the patients for "flying in" yesterday!

OK 3 days til Christmas and I am ready......spirit is tuck in my heart and it came when I was releived from all that pain and fright that I was dealing with. Transition included counting my blessings.....The count down is on for me now Mimi I can join in. (Eye is much better too)

I have 22 for dinner not 45 this year so God has lightened my load (see how the perspective of not having the girls here on the eve has changed) 22 is just right for a brittle body at this time.

My semi adopted son is coming with his two little ones and the tree is all there's so they were arriving for dessert but now coming for the whole dinner...SO special for the night to have children....and ohh's and ahhh's. Can't wait for them to see the caribou on the wall that is dressed as a reindeer......(hope that goes well).

To get back to the end is near issue...my son placed a funny thing on the FB pages yesterday it was two Mayan's talking one had the big round stone with etchings on it as a calander and he said..".I ran out of room I am stopping here....." the other said...."You are going to get alot of people upset years from now with that move!!" HA! OK I am ready for the enlightenment years....(as they say now).

I have to say we are in overdrive here with the deli and setting the house up and yesterday I forgot to even kiss my husband out the door....that was all I thought about in the a.m. yesterday.
Kripes...everyday should be the last day so you do all you need to do and are in the moment everyday and treasure each day. You never know what the future has waiting for you.

OK...off to laundry, baking a cheesecake and P A C I N G.

Everyone take Mimi's lessons to heart. P A C I N G is our only hope. I have my shot's on Christmas Eve to get me through (I love my doctor...) So I will have a holiday this year. It is always a struggle to get there, but when out of the tunnel...the light and love that surrounds you is worth it.

Have a great day and find a simple yet special thing today that get that magic in your heart. Hugs, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
See.....Nana B.....you worried about all of this for nothing.....nope....and worrying about it did NO GOOD as well....you are so very right....we never know that may or may not be waiting for us each and every day....no one knows what just might take place.

I have learned that I must pace.....and pace to stay in a place that I can deal with.....now I will also tell you this....it does not always happen like I plan it to....but I still try not to stress....it is odd that sometimes I can be out and about and something happens and puts me in a place where I do not need to be....it can be a near miss of anything and all of a sudden I am stressed.....

Everything is a process.....and it does take time and effort to figure out what we can and can not do....just how much can we push ourselves is the answer that we each must figure out....

I do hope everyone will have a great day today.....and find the *magic of Christmas, within your heart*.....it's there....you just have to know exactly where to look...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
We are having snow flurries and squalls, and will have them on and off all day. We are also under a high wind advisory until 11:00 tonight. When the wind and snow combine it makes huge, whirling billows. The weatherman said our area "may" get as much as an inch; but we already have that and it's only 9:15. It should be an interesting day. I don't mind the snow, though, because it makes it feel more like Xmas.

Husband and I are both starting the day slowly. It's his first day of vacation, so he's not in a hurry to do anything. I am dealing with the normal Fibro stiffness and tiredness, so I'm not moving fast either. We want to get the Xmas shopping done today, but that will depend on the snow. There's a huge band of it spinning down over us right now, coming from the Great Lakes. We will see how that affects things...in the meantime I have plenty of crocheting to do. I'll be diving into that as soon as I finish my (very late!) breakfast.

I may not be on much over the next few days...In case I'm not, I wish everyone here a low-pain, peaceful Christmas. I am sending hugs to all of you! Hope you have a good weekend.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hello and happy holidays everybody. Gosh the days are just flying by. I hope the hustle and bustle of the holidays and their demands are not wearing you out. This really is the time for those of us with fibro to Pace and Pace some more.

Gosh it's cold here, no snow or ice, but cold. Step outside and you get freezer burn. @ angeleswife, sorry you guys are having such bad weather. Snow is expected here on Tuesday late and Wed early. Gosh I could do without that. @ Nancy I so know what you mean about the winds, we had strong winds for 2 days, it was rough being on the road. Glad you are okay. And so glad your eyes are better now as well.

This will be a short post as I have packing to do. Leaving for NC in a few days and since we're going by car it's more stuff to pack. DH, DD, SIL and GS and I are heading to Hubert, NC Thursday after the snow passes through here. I am sooo looking forward to seeing 4 out of my 6 grand kids in one place. Had all 6 together at Thanksgiving, what a joy. So with that and being near the ocean it will be a wonderful holiday season 4 me. Don't like the long drive tho.

As for me, I'm feeling somewhat better. The meds seem to be working, again. Back on ear drops tho, IBS meds and new sinus med. i haven't taken the Gabapentin for a few days.

I do so hate winter, the aches, pain and medical conditions it dumps on me. I can't wait until it turns warm here again. As the World counts down the days til Christmas and New Years, I count off a few more days til spring. LOL I look @ it this way: Got November gone, December nearly gone and that means on January 1ST I have just 10 weeks til it gets warm here again. Since it's been a mild Fall and perhaps winter I might be able to enjoy the next 10 weeks until the plants, the lawns, flowers and the leaves come back..Yippee

I will try to look in on all of you before Christmas Eve day.. until then stay well, pace and I hope you are enjoying the holiday season.
Gentle hugs to all.. have a great day.
Linda R

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.