Is it just me?
lb707 posted:
I am one of those who have very few times with little to no pain and must take meds to get by.

I admit to reading more than posting and have realized why. Sometimes panic sets in when I read of others and how much they suffer and wish I could reach through the computer and help them.....but wait if I can't help my self how can I help them LOL.

I do try to keep going and live the best life I can and will continue.....but it breaks my heart how much pain so many of us are in. Selfishly I keep reading as it does help me cope and I can get a good cry and move on.

HUGS to all
laurab

dollbug responded:
Hello laurab.....I think that most of us do have some kind of pain most of the time.....perhaps it is not as bad at other times....but I know that I have pain....even though I have learned how to control the pain, for the most part....it is still there regardless...one place or another...

Keeping a positive attitude helps me a lot....there are times when I feel like I can not do things but I make an effort to do them anyway....regardless of just how bad I feel....as long as I do not push myself to the limit....I seem to be ok...

I know that when I first got sick, I thought that I was just getting the flu....and it never went away completely....there are always some kind of aches and/or pains to deal with.

We, FMers, must keep on keeping on....until we find something that will help us cope better.

Take care....I hope things get better for you soon.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

foreversore responded:
I feel much the same way you do. I want to be upbeat and encouraging to others when they need it, especially since I know all too well what they are dealing with. But when I am in such bad shape and can't seem to get myself together it's hard to help others. When i am having one of my "better" days when my thinking is a little clearer I try the best I can.

booch007 responded:
Laura that is what we all want for eachother. "To live your best life" to do this with good intention eachdayand try to be in the positive.

Life is so challenging and as I age I see that as I get older they are a bit worse then when your body is younger.

The empathy we have for eachother is what makes us human and to know you feel for others is a blessing for the fmily. If we don't help eachother with a shoulder or comforting word or an idea of hope.......what will we have.

I am so glad you found this site Laura..........

Hugs. Happy Holidays, Nancy B

Agrapina replied to booch007's response:
I feel the same. I remain quiet rather than post my problems.
Because I keep getting worse, I don't feel encouraged so I have little encouragement to give others.

Today is so bad as far as pain goes. Often I am dazed and confused by the magnitude of the pain and feel hopeless towards getting better. That doesn't mean I am not sensitive to the pain of others' or wish them all the best I wish for myself.

I used to be a spec. ed. teacher and support and encouragement for were my strengths. Now I barely muster any for myself. I just want to apologize for that.

fibroinsd responded:
Laura..as you know, I have been one of the ones here that posts quite often..but I haven't been here as much lately...I have been having more than I can handle lately, and as you said..it is hard to be positive and uplifting to others all the time. For now, I am reading and taking encouragement from others. There are times when writing gets me through, and times when it doesn't...I think we all have to listen to ourselves and do what is right for us. It is good to know you are around, so do check in at least once in awhile...somehow..knowing you are hanging in there is helpful to me, too...

Agrapina...no need to apologize...just be good to yourself...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

lb707 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Yup always here trying to stay positive but so many people who have all the other stresses of life and add fibro to that and I hurt so much for all of you;

Gotta just keep telling myself we are still here and still trying and have not given up.

I just the want the rose colored glasses back on and think I can cure this. Oh well at least I have not given up .

Thanks for all your posts.

laurab

booch007 replied to lb707's response:
Laura.....I spent so much money for this physiatrist to help me (not much changed but I learned alot about me)

He said...." GREEN IS MEAN" that was BIG. I eat mainly detoxifying greens....and then he said

****don't get SAD...get MAD *****, I can't tell you how many times he said that!! I have used that to be motivated and move forward.....

That's was got me off bedrest with my back recently. I was just handed some serious dilemmas and had to get out of it...
I just "talked to myself" and got MAD....then i thought of the tricks i needed to fix it. I went from being victim to the issue to being the victor in it.

There are people who aren't able to switch like that but i guess I am lucky to get into anger in those stages quite quickly....
It is a useful tool in the box.....

I hope things get better for you. Again I really feel that when you help another here....you are helping yourself. Good chemicals come from it. Good feelings of hugging another makes a difference for you. It is free medicine for you.

Hugs from me Laura, Nancy B

lb707 replied to booch007's response:
Nancy,

I do a lot of what you do including acupuncture, massage, chiro and now trigger point injections. Add to that therapy to help with acceptance.

I always hurt more for others who may not have had the $$$ to do all the things I have.

As for eating at least one fresh greens, veggie and fruit smoothie a day and sometimes two using rice protein as a meal replacement. I also am white sugar, dairy and gluten free. All of this helps but no cure.

Anger is an emotion I have to stay away from to keep my anxiety down......so pace and acceptance with a little fight is my motto.

Have a great day
laurab

booch007 replied to lb707's response:
That sounds great Laura. Good plan here.

I don't ever want to lose my fight end of it. To be complacent is giving in to the dragon and he will only take more...so i push through so much and sometimes it works and sometimes i get burned. I will not stop trying though. I am glad you have so many modalities at your hands to help. It is sad not all can get this done.....but massage and trigger point massage by a friend can be helpful/painful/but successful and free......

We are never free of pain or going to cure ourselves. We are here forever...this is so complex and difficult a challenge for all (inc the docs). But a carved out life is what we ask for...

Please help when you can, when an empathetic thought comes your way. I have found when i write and am in pain..I write differen,t then later when I feel better. I see them as I am with them in that moment. Humans are notorious to forget pain when it is better. The quality and depth of how hard it is. So I try to be here in the morning when I am in trouble til my meds lessen my load...it is distracting for me, and I wait to get younger as I hopefully help another.

Hugs to you....I hope the holidays were so beautiful for you.
All my best, Nancy B

Anon_2912 responded:
I don't post, but only because I view things differently then many when it comes to FM.

Let's just say I believe in "tough love"..