Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday *****the day before Christmas Eve ***12/23/2012 ***2 days left
dollbug posted:
Merry Christmas FMily.....we are down to the nitty gritty here....today and tomorrow to do whatever you have to do before Christmas Day....remember also to pace, pace and pace even more....just so you can enjoy Christmas Day....my younger son and his family are still away....have not heard when exactly they will return....I am sure this is really hard on all of the family....right here at the holidays...and out of town as well....I miss little Noah and I am sure he is confused and tired by now...and wants to come home...he is like his daddy use to be...a homebody at heart.

Yesterday was not a good day for me....as I had ordered some books over the internet (which I normally do not do) and it did not go well...not a good thing to get stressed right here at Christmas time...so I will have to take care of this issue on Monday...just one more thing to deal with.

So many people out and about this week-end....the stores were crowded....OMG...I could not even believe this. I had to go pick up some groceries and we had a problem trying to park...so I knew that I was in trouble then. I am sure it will be this way until Christmas Day....those last minute people who love to get out and get ready for Christmas at the last minute...and I think the holidays bring people out who have not been out the entire year.

So if you have to get out....I am sure it will be fun....just remember to pace, pace and pace even more....it doesn't matter just how other people need to hurry up....we, FMers, are not programmed to be this way now. I think we can all relate to how it use to be though.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a great day for everyone.

Rain is headed our way...but it will be in the 50's today.

Hug your children and grandchildren and tell them just how much you love them.

Remember the reason for the season and find the spirit of Christmas in your heart.

Have a good Sunday. Be safe.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday everyone. I have a few minutes before DH gets up so thought I would look in on everyone and say HI.

I hope your yesterday went well and that you were to sleep the night thru. I hope your all done shopping as the malls and stores are soooo crowded now. Very stressful

It's cold here and even though the Sun's out now and it will get warmer it will be raining before the sun sets. They say rain tomorrow night and on Christmas after mid day. Snow on Wed. UGH. I hate driving in snow, but it's the only way to get to Hubert, NC and that's where we're all headed. Talked about going another time but 4 out of 5 said we can't NOT go. DSIL will be taking Friday off to be home and that's nice so we really can't mess up his plans for us. Lots of nice restaurants and things to see down the coast line of NC so we should be busy having fun sightseeing and eating local
foods.

Feeling a bit better today but am running on fumes. Had to take a Gabapentin last night to sleep my skin hurt so much. I hate dealing with so many medical issues @ 1 time. Get one thing to ease up and then something else fibro related starts to hurt. UGH.

Okay, I'll end this here. Hope your today is good. I hope your fibro issues are few and that you have little to no fibro pain.
Have a great day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

dakotaspirit1957 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi... Hi All... I have been missing in action... Going to get my voice program soon for I was out and missing in action for I couldn't type and couldn't sit up much again... It was a rough week but it is over and I have painful hands and fingers but I am typing and hoping not to make too many mistakes lol...

I got out the other day for a friend of mine came and took me out for supper for Christmas... It was so fun... And tiring lol... But worth it... All the pain was worth it... And I got out to Christmas shop a couple of times just short trips but exhausting...

My neck is doing very bad.. Awaiting injections and having massages in therapy and it does help but doesn't last long... Wish I could take him home with me lol... Then when the bad pain hits again I could put him to work lol... Such a dream lol...

I was married to my dream that massaged me when needed almost all the time... It is close to the yr aniversary to his death... the 26th... I am not doing very good at handling it.. We got married on Christmas Day and 12 yrs later he died the day after Christmas... I am crying non stop almost... Have the greatest desire to be alone and can't be for I have family to make happy... So I hide the tears and put on a Christmas smile and shake my way thru the day... My parkinson's doesn't like playing hide your feelings and stuff the tears... Make believe you are happy for the sake of the little ones... And push yourself out of bed swollen neck or not... So I jerk and shake thru out my day and night...

Yet... I will do this and will have a Christmas with my family... My DH would want that... Yet he understands for he is the one person in my life that I could be the real me around and be accepted... He was a lot to me... My best friend... My confidant... My lover... My All... And so much like me living the life of chronic pain himself...

I am sorry I don't want to bring down your Christmas spirit... I never want to bring you down... I just wanted to point out I had a beautiful... unconditional love... truely grand Christmas gift... And though I miss him dearly our memories and wonderful love fill my heart more then my sorrow rhis dear Christmas...

I hope you all have a womderful Christmas Eve and Chritmas... And if I become missing in action again... Have a wonderful New Years... My health is very disruptive right now and I have to accept a lot and rest a lot... And Pace Pace Pace LOL... I have all my presents bought and wrapped... should clean my bedroom but that shall wait for perhaps another New Year... LOL...

Thanks for being here... I would like to say that my thing that I am writing for you is done and I will post it for a Christmas present but I can't say so... Due to my illnesses it slowed down... And I want it to be perfect... For you deserve the best I have to offer... So Please be patient with me for writers are so utterly weird at times about their writings... lol... At least this one is... Very Weird LOL...

Take Care... Love... Jan/Dakota

fibroinsd responded:
Good Day....

Had a good church service this morning...it was all about slowing down..for a small period of time..The whole service was amazing...taking time to stop, and be still...and to listen ..well, pretty hard to describe, but very refreshing.

My DS will not be here this year. He is trying to get into treatment...and I am missing him much and so worried about him. My dad received a diagnoses of multiple symptom atrophy. Basically, that means that many things are going wrong with him, and in the next few years it will get worse. There is no cure and no treatment for it. My mom has Alzheimers, so that always adds some interesting things. Yesterday, she couldn't remember how to get ice cubes from the freezer. She was looking in the refrigerator for them.. so, don't think that will get any easier in the next year, either.

So, we try to carry on, as if everything is great..and enjoy the moments we do have...but it is pretty hard sometimes..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimi,

Coming in on Christmas Eve. Have to post now and get going. I have captured the GI virus going around...(of course!) I guess I am weakened with all the crap that has happened to me in the past. BUT I will do it all and not kiss a soul!

MY grandchildren will be here on the DAY and I will get my magic that I so desperitely need. The tables are set...the menu planned and the helpers have arrived. This year is the first time the deli is helping me so much.

I hope for all that the work is finished the plans made and the joy of Christmas fills your house.

That the love in this season lessens the pain you carry and the next few days are almost painfree.............

Merry Christmas ALL............to the best group of people who deal with a silent mess that only we understand. All my best, Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.