Skip to content
Merry Christmas ******It's about time ****12/24/2012 *****
dollbug posted:
Merry Christmas FMily....it is Christmas Eve.....and tomorrow will be Christmas Day.....MiMi in NC...where it is raining and cold....OMG...not exactly what I would like for today....as I have several errands to run so I guess I will be out and about in the rain....certainly not what I like doing either...not having to get out is a bonus when a person does not do public work any longer...but I have no choice today.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest....and I hope today will be a great day for us all....I do dread the last hustle and bustle before Christmas....as I know it will be busy for some who perhaps are doing their Christmas shopping....why in the world would anyone wait until the last day to do any major shopping I have no idea...I did one year...not because I wanted to but because I had to.

I do think holidays bring people out who have not been out for a while....and some of them do not know how to do things like normal people do....OMG...but this is true...I will find the spirit of Christmas today though and move forward.

I miss little Noah...and I know he is more than ready to return home...this was not exactly the way I had hoped his Christmas would be either...they will not be leaving until Thursday now...and I do miss him.

Welcome to the new members and Merry Christmas to each of you as well. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....it does take a trial and error process...which does take time and effort...there are no quick fixes to deal with the wicked illness...but there are *tools and tips* that will hopefully make you able to cope better with it.

Vitamin D....again this is my favorite *tool to mention*....speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Do your research on Vitamin D...there is a lot of info on it and it is quite interesting.

Learn how to pace, pace and pace even more....so important for me to do....try this I am sure you will be able to *feel* a difference....limit your stress as much as you possibly can...stress and the dragon go hand in hand...we are all different and what helps one may or may not help you....but I am sure that there is something that will work for you as well...you just have to find the right combination of tools that will work for you. Soon you too will be dancing with the dragon instead of dragging the dragon. (as Nana B says)

Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources*...which you can find to the right of this page.

Let us know how you are doing also....ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions....please know that we understand what you are faced with each day....most of us have been there, done that.

Remember the reason for this season.
Find your *spirit of Christmas today*.
Hug your children and grandchildren and let them know just how much you love them.

Merrry Christmas to each and every one of you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
If I had waited one minute!

Merry Christmas Mimi. May your family and loved ones be as near as they can be. I can see the magic has arrived for you. I am ready too.

No eating for me with this GI virus...but I am mentally in a good place.

Have a wonderful holiday....................Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
December is the month I started posting on our FMily fibro site, 3 years ago. What a gift and blessing it has been to me. I have found support and understanding here. Each of which has helped me ' live ' with all the fibro issues and medical problems connected with it. Until I found this site I was going "IT" alone and that just made the flares and problems worse for me. Since finding the FAMILY I have been in a much better place.
THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING THERE FOR ME.

Now here's wishing each of you a Merry Christmas! I hope that today and tomorrow will be days filled with family, friends,joy and happiness. And may you each feel the love and peace of this most holy of seasons.

Holiday hugs going out to each of you from me, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Merry Christmas!

Here in New England we're expecting a winter storm, it could be just a dusting to a few inches overnight. Our family parties have stared, with BIL and family from Japan visiting, being reunited with an aunt and cousins, and another aunt who came up from southern RI.

The weekend before Christmas means baking in my house. Four fruitcakes, three pumpkin bread (real pumpkin, not canned), two custard pies already done, and two pumpkin pies (again, real) to go in when the custards come out. The smell of cinnamon and cloves make me think of my Mom and she'd be doing all this. She's in a nursing home and isn't able to enjoy the baking and the foods she loves. *sigh*

I too am thankful for this place and that it has brought us together to help each other. I don't enjoy the common pains we have, but I'm glad we have each other when nobody else can relate.

Merry Christmas to all!
Lou

fibroinsd responded:
Merry Christmas all..

Sitting here watching White Christmas...

and hoping all is good with you all..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Merry Christmas to all!

Our celebration is finished. We had a wonderful gathering! The children all had so many gifts to open! Everyone one had a great time. Tomorrow we will get together again to a big have a Christmas dinner! I hope everyone here will have a wonderful holiday. I am so glad to have have each of you as myFM family!

Peace to all and many hugs!

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

jillylin responded:
Hope you all had a great day and had fun. We had a good day here in England but I am paying for it today. Hope you all were sensible and remembered to pace yourself.

Hugs
Jilly in the UK

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.