Skip to content
A good friend
lb707 posted:
I recently became acquainted with some one who has become a dear friend. She took the time to find out about fibro and ask many questions.

She told me one of the problems is I am the healthiest sick person she has ever seen. I feel we try so hard to eat right and take care of ourselves that unless people see our daily struggles to get going and get around they will not understand.

It is always nice to find someone who does understand.

laurab

xperky responded:
You are so lucky laura. A new friend who is so caring is a precious find.

Speaking of people not seeing our struggles, on Christmas I was reminded of how people can't tell we are so sick. We were leaving my SIL's and she said how she didn't see any health issues with me. All I could say was "that's a good thing!" I try really hard not to talk about my health issues on holidays.

So, how did you meet this new friend?
With Compassion,
Margaret

Anon_2912 replied to xperky's response:
I don't ever discuss health issues with ANYONE, including family or friends. Health issues are NEVER brought up in my family unless it is a serious life/death situation.

Need to know basis and well they frankly don't need to know..

katmandulou responded:
lb707:
You are lucky to find someone who understands. I try not to discuss health problems, but when someone sees that dent in my armor, I do come clean with a little info.

I was recently hospitalized for 11 days, and had surgery on day 7, and I had to let a few people know because of my positions on some non-profit boards. Although not everyone got my emails (I didn't have everyone's address in my tablet), many did.

I too have more good days than bad, and the thought of ruining some else's event kills me. Between the FM and surgery I had three weeks ago, I get tired very quickly, but the family knows.
Lou

lb707 replied to xperky's response:
Maragret,

We met at the same religious affiliation.....I have bad feet and she has neuropathy so we had two things in common.

laurab

lb707 replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou,

I hope this does not show up twice.....it won't be the same who can remember what I just wrote and then poof it was gone.

I am glad I have good friends to share (not complain) there is a difference. I run or should I say hobble from the ones who only complain.

Hope you are doing better, I did read about your ordeal. It was one that was so overwhelming I could not find the right words so I was bad and remained silent..........baaaad...........but sometimes you gotta take of yourself. So you take of you and get better.

laurab

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.