Skip to content
Thursday *****12/27/2012 ******
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is cold and damp still...not exactly my favorite kind of weather....not exactly good for the mind, body or spirit I might add. I have had to get out much more than normal since my younger son and his family have been out of town. I took care of the dog and she was really good but like most she does not like to get out in bad weather either. They will soon be back though and actually my DIL's mother will now do this, since she returned last night.

It was reported that business was not what they had hoped it would be this Christmas. I am not quite sure what they expect though since there are a lot of people who have no jobs and the unemployment is also running out. So much going on....kind of like Cory said about the bus with no driver. A lot of confusion and no one to take charge of what to do. This year will probably be quite interesting, to say the very least.

We can only hope and pray for the best. One person or just a few can NOT change the world. I do hope 2013 will be a better year for everyone.

Welcome to the new members who have found this unique FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort as there are no quick fixes that I am aware of or magic pills either. But learning how to cope takes time to figure out and find the *right combination of tools* that works makes like a bit more manageable. I think everyone strives to find a way to limit the pain that we have to deal with.

Vitamin D....be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked. I continue to see new articles on what the medical researchers have learned about it.

Just a few days left in this year. Does anyone have any *special plans to ring in the new year yet?

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

Stay warm and stay safe and have a good day.

That's all.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
We had six inches of heavy sleet and snow overnight, and heavy rain on top of that. I am gearing up for a long day! I not only have to clear my client out; she also asked me to do her NEIGHBOR'S public sidewalk because he's out of town. She is paying me, of course; but I can't say I'm looking forward to all the shoveling. The snow is like wet cement and there's a ton of it to clear. His stretch of sidewalk is as long as hers, if not longer, so that's at least 300 feet of shoveling along with the "regular" work. I am taking Husband to help, and he's not happy at all. He hates to shovel.

I'm not leaving quite yet, though...We still have to clear our own place out and wait for the plow guy to show up. I hope he comes soon, because things are supposed to re-freeze later. The coldest weather of the season is on the way, says the weatherman---days in the 20s and nights in the single numbers and teens. There is also another storm coming this weekend. Looks like winter is really here.

Ha...I just told Husband I would start clearing our deck, and he said, "Don't you DARE!" So I'm sitting here with another cup of coffee. He may grumble about shoveling, but at least he does it, and I'm glad for that. It's a pain trying to shovel when I'm still using a cane! I will have to go without the brace today too, because it won't fit in my boot. I'm not walking through wet snow in my sneakers!

fibroinsd responded:
afternoon..

oh..seeing the weather reports from around the country..well, some of it makes me wish I could go play in the snow..but mostly I am glad I do not have to deal with it. It is colder here than I would like.

I am still dealing with a hurt ankle..but last night, I could tell part of my ankle straightened out and I could point my foot..It was still sore today, but I did manage to go walk on the treadmill and that felt good...

Now I am drinking tea and trying to relax..Just called my dad. He said he had gone into the doctor's today and they said he had a blockage in his esophagus...not sure what they will do about it. And he said he took the wrong pills today..he must have taken my mom's memory pills...well, that couldn't hurt him either !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. The mill is having issues lately with this and that, I had to work another 12 today. It wasn't terribly difficult though. The nice part is when I hit my 40 I can go home at 10:30 tomorrow.

We have a couple errands to run when I get off work but it should be a nice easy weekend. I could use one to heal up the ole body.

We finally got a dusting of snow. Enough to cover the grass. It was trange not having much around with all the storms going south.

I hope you all have a good night.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory.....I do hope that you will be able to get some rest this week-end.....I do not have a clue how you work the long hours that you do...

I hope you have enjoyed the holiday season so far....

I am looking forward to seeing Noah tomorrow....I hope....as they are suppose to be on the way back....I have really missed him....we have not had the boys Christmas yet.....I am sure that they are both looking forward to this.

Take care and I hope the week-end will be a good one for you. Stay safe and warm....and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.