Skip to content
TGIF*****Roll Call ****12/28/2012 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....TGIF....can you believe that it is FRIDAY already? OMG...my the time has really flown in the past few days....Christmas has come and gone....and we are about to enter a brand NEW year as well. Here is hoping 2013 will be a good year from all of us. Personally, 2012 was a very stressful one for many of us.....I know that a lot happened but hopefully things will indeed get better for everyone.

I know that I have missed Noah....I can hardly wait to see him. I am sure he has grown since I last saw him...he is such a sweet little boy....always smiling and always happy....and he reminds me so of his daddy when he was little. Hopefully they will be arriving today sometime.

I got out in the crowds yesterday. I wanted to see if I could find some pjs for the boys. I did and I think they will both like what I got for them. They were on sale also which made it even better. Scooby Doo for Noah and Star Wars for Alec.

I also bought a new Christmas Tree. The one we had was begin to shed a lot so I thought it was time to retire it and find a new one. It was a good deal also.

I rested last night but I also dreamed.....something I don't normally do...and it was not a good thing....I was trying to fall all night...so when I woke up this morning I was really very tired. I hope this gets better though.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's sleep and I hope today will be a great day for us all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page. I am sure that you will find some good *tips* to try....a heating pad perhaps or a foam mattress for your bed....vitamins and supplements or perhaps taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts to help your body to relax so that you will sleep better...sleep is so important to us FMers....learning how to pace, pace and pace even more. Coping with FM daily does present a challenge for a lot of us FMers....and it does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools* that will help us cope better...

Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. It is a simple blood test....BUT you must ASK the doctor to run it...as it is not included in the normal bloodwork that the doctors do.

I do hope everyone is ready for the new year.....you still have a few days to get ready.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on the last Friday of 2012.

Stay safe and stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning, Mimi and all to follow!

Woo hoo!! It's Friday - and I only have a 1/2 day of work!

One my way home from work I'm going to stop at Kohl's. I have $10 Kohl's cash to spend. Probably will get some socks. Seems that they just don't make socks the way they used to as they don't last very long.

No big plans for the weekend. Just some chores around the house and some crocheting. I'm finishing up on some scarves which are gifts. Because every one had different Christmas schedules and being out of town, etc. - we decided to exchange gifts on New Year's Day. Kind of nice that I was not feeling rushed to get the scarves done.

I've been feeling pretty good the past couple of days. A lot less pain than a few weeks ago. I've actually been sleeping fairly well, too.

Wishing everyone a great day with little or no pain - and good sleep tonight!

katmandulou responded:
The Last Friday of 2012 - where did the rest go???

It's cold today, with a winter storm rolling in. I'm in southeastern Mass, and we didn't get the snow they got north and west of us. We got a dusting overnight, and it's still hanging around in the shade under the shrubs. I hope DH has the shovels out!

DH was so stressed out by my hospital stay, he finished his Xmas shopping last Sunday. We didn't even get a tree; he had bought a wooden tree-like decoration, and that's what we used. I told him I didn't want to stress over it, and he said *gasp* he was thinking of getting an artificial tree. He's always been the "we've gotta have a real tree" guy, but he said that he realized a 'real' tree brings in mold (my #1 allergy trigger). I told him not to stress over it, and wait til next year.

Mimi, I hope you have loads of fun with your boys. It's funny that every grandmother I know buys their g-kids PJs.

Teelady1, I always use my Kohl's cash on me too! I got a great pair of pink gold earrings last year, but I didn't buy much there this Christmas. I like the idea of a 'late' Christmas, it takes the pressure off, especially when you're making gifts. I finished fingerless mitts for a friend, and I hope to have them in the mail tomorrow.

I wish you all the best day - and the best last weekend of 2012 - you can possibly have!
Lou

lb707 replied to katmandulou's response:
Good morning,

Time is a flying and the flight seems to take less each year. I never wish time would hurry for an event as they all come too soon! Twenty some years ago I remember the year I turned 39 and two of my friends turned 40....all year I said I am not yet 40. By the time they were 50 it was not funny and at 60 I refused to think of it.

Did not sleep well as I was in pain and then somewhere off in the distance we heard what sounded like gun shots which woke up and scard both dogs. Once I did get some sleep after 4:00 DH tried to let me sleep, but I did get up at 7:45 hurried up and made his lunch and since then done nothing!

Time to get going
lauab

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
375 of 402 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.