Skip to content
Fibro Flare
franr posted:
Good Morning Fibro folks
As I look at the snow that fell on Boston we recieved about 4-8 inches and realize how many of us suffer worse in the winter. Today is sunday and I am usually heading out the door for Mass . This makes about 4 weks I have miss it. I am trying to lay low. As I said yesterday in my post I haven't had a bad flare up like this since 1998. I Guess I have been lucky. And today there is so much known about this disease. I guess the flare lasted 4 months. But age is not on my side and with that we have less coping mechanisms. I guess you are you are never rid of this disease.These pills really are not working so I will be going into Boston to see an MD to see what they can offer me. Sleep doesn't come easy.If I am lucky It is between 2-4 hours but unrestful. My I feel as all of do we are missing so many aspects in our life because of this,the pain I can take my a sense of normalcy is hard. My question is how long do your fibro flares last and how do you get through it. Peace to you all. Fran

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello, Fran, I'm so sorry you're in the midst of a bad flare. I've had them last several months, too. I would suggest you talk to your doctor about adding something for your sleep. Getting such a small amount every night is definitely affecting your pain level. There are many meds that can help....older antidepressants (trazadone is a good one), or a muscle relaxer. I'd say this is the number one thing that helps me.

Also, using a heating pad or heated throw help me. That, plus giving myself permission to rest, take my meds on time, and pace myself help me.

I do hope you and your doctor can come up with a better plan for you. Good luck!

Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.