Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ****12/30/2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC...and it is cold this morning....I woke up too early this morning around 4 and was able to drift back off to sleep.....(glad I could do this)....I have Harley and she normally wants to get up....as she is use to getting up very early...but she decided it was a day to sleep in as well...too cold to be up and about...she slept in until I actually went to her cage to check on her....she actually put herself to bed last night around 9....which is also early for her...I guess she was ready for a longggg winter's nap.

The furbabies did not wake up too early either...so that was a good thing as well.

We had our Christmas time for my grandsons and they have fun....Alec was not feeling well though and I think he is getting another cold again....but anyway they both had a good time for a while. We had homemade pizza and salad, which was an easy fix. DH helped with this.

We are at the end of another year....can you believe it? I am not quite sure exactly where this year flew to....time it going by rather quickly...my dear aunt use to tell me that the older you get the faster time goes.....well.....I think she was indeed right on this.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to figure out just the right combination of tools that might work for you....so hang in here...learn all you can about what other FMers have found to help them cope....as for me...I depend upon vitamins and supplements and other things as well...

Vitamin D...be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked...which is important to a lot of people these days.

I am sad to hear so much going on with some of our FMers here....I hope things get better for each of you....it is sad when people lose loved ones/friends during or close to a holiday....it is also bad to be sick....thoughts and prayers are with each of you as you continue to face and deal with whatever is going on in your life right now....please remember that stress is not good for any of us....remember to pace, pace and pace even more....our body depends upon us to take care of it....we have to maintain control of what happens to us, no matter what we are faced with.

I have learned that no matter what happens....we should remember that *this too will pass*....no matter how hard it might be.....things will indeed get better with time....so many times we can not change whatever we are faced with....we just have to continue to have faith about the outcome. My daughter in law lost her grandmother at an early age....and her grandfather lived to 94 and had good health up until 92....he was surrounded by family and friends and had a good life....his death was accepted better than his wife's death....this is one thing that I do not think we will ever understand....but it is one that we must accept.

Just take a look around you.....I am sure you will see that whatever we are faced with right now......that it could indeed be much worse.

I do hope today will be a better day for each of us and I hope and pray that we will all have a better year in 2013.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi,
Coming on late...Aside from lots of shoveling I didn't do much today. I've been in hibernation mode most of the time. I even took a nap this afternoon. I've felt a bit tired after all of yesterday's happenings, and not very social. So I've lurked but not said too much. Maybe tomorrow will be different.

I am trying to screen my diet...for the last four days I've been breaking out with cramps and diarrhea in the middle of the afternoon. It's annoyingly predictable, which tells me it's something I'm eating. I'm just darned if I know what it is, lol...My ulcer has decided to put in an appearance as well. Once January 1st hits, I'll be cleaning up my diet (budget permitting, anyway). Husband has decided he wants to lose weight, so I'll be going along for the ride. It will do us both some good.

Not much else to say...I'm going back to lurking for now. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

fibroinsd responded:
a late afternoon hello..

a pretty cold and rainy day here..but went to church and breakfast today...

DH and I are celebrating 40 years of marriage today! We have never really done much for it...since by the time we get through the holidays we are usually too tired..

Speaking of which..I am tired today..didn't sleep well last night..hopefully tonight will be better.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

franr replied to fibroinsd's response:
Congrads cece

40 years along time with the same person.I myself married 43 years to my husband.He has been so supportive of me is very sad that I am having such a terrible month with flare. i feel I have lost the whole holiday season.I am so glad I reconnected with this group which I joined back in 1998.All of you have so supportive I feel I am not alone in this struggle. Hoping all have a peaceful night. Fran

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I have been catching up reading the posts f the last few days. It was sad to see that some of you lost loved ones. My thoughts are with you.

I have been very busy but the nasty flair I had slowing me down has eased up the last couple days. Things are alright.

We took the boys to the water park in Duluth. The wife recieved some coupons for it from a happy parent who brings their child to daycare she works at. It was a very nice gesture, as it is about $100 to have a day there, we only had to spend about $20. The kids had a ball and I even tried the big slides once.

I had better get to bed. Sleep well and take care everyone.

Cory

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
It is late here.. almost 11 pm... I m beat and hurting and worn out... My flare has been awful this time... I can honestly say I can definitely do without all this...It ha been a horrible day... I kept losing things and they were right in their place lol...Coat on the hook... cigs well my on ran off with them lol... my eyes have been double or glaring o I can't see and dr jut sid I see 20/20.. but I couldn't see at see at all yesterday... and they are almost blinding me again...

The pain is unbearable,... o I think I will go back to bed... take care you all have a nice New Year... I just want to be up to ee my company and family a little while... love to you all...

Take care... Love Jan/Dakota

lb707 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Congratulations and best wishes to you CeCe. (and DH guess it takes two)

It is late but I had a pretty good day today moderate pain! Sorry for all those whose days were harder to deal with.

lauab

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.