Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday ****Happy New Year's Eve 12/31/ end of the year 2012 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where I was up really early this morning, around 4....but I was able to get back to sleep and I have just woke up again....it is cold here but going to get up around mid 50's....I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

People are getting ready to say good bye to year 2012....and a new year will be beginning 2013....I can only hope and pray that it will be a good year for us all....but I think it has a long way to go....so much happened this year....around the country and around the world as well.

As for New Year Resolutions....I do not have any....I will take each day one day at a time and hope for the best....I have learned now just how important it is not to stress about things....

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....it does take a trial and error process to figure out just what you might need to cope better.....there are no quick or easy fixes that I am aware of.....it does take time and effort.

Vitamin D....be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked....talk to your doctor about this....this is important for a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Do your own research about Vitamin D and just how important it is to everyone.

That's all folks...

Happy New Year to each and everyone.

Be safe and stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

katmandulou responded:
Happy New Year's Eve!

It's cold here in southeastern Mass., The Weather Channel says it's 30? and I'm not going to challenge them. I'm going out after lunch to get yarn, one of my hobbies, and I'll knit it into afghans and sweaters for nieces and nephews, my favorite hobby.

As for resolutions, I usually make silly ones, like "I resolve to knit every day" and I usually keep them. Last year was the same, but DH's weight loss inspired me and in Feb I joined him. He's lost over 80lbs, and I'm holding steady at 32lbs lost. Every day is a new days, and I can make a promise to myself whenever I want!

My health seems to have stabilized, and I have another follow-up with the surgeon Wednesday afternoon. I hope I've done well getting my system running the way he wants it too, but I fear I haven't. I'll probably have to see a GI guy - ugh! I asked DH last night "have you ever seen anyone so concerned about poop?" and he laughed.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have, every day. Nappy New Year!
Lou

booch007 responded:
Well HAPPY NEW YEAR to the FMILY..

Coming in on the DAY!!

I started the year with my back acting up as I was cleaning the house and trying to put all the *hidden things away and sort through things.

Crap, no party for me, and DH came home early and was snoring by 10......so what a start to the year!!

Doing better today I have found a new weak spot in myself and have to be SO CAREFUL.

Priority one is to empty this house of so much clutter that I hold on to...I am not a hoarder but I could be! I haven't painted in 10 years yet all the canvases and paints and crap sit here....

G O N E. going going GONE..

Next a free join to weight watchers 360* program is on the list and I will make every effort to do my best with all the issues in my life...despite the "enabling" husband (who brigns home goodies I can't say no to....to sabbotage me). Always does this!

I am also going to walk.....walk everyday. BEFORE work, like I did before.....I do it for ME. The hell with the things I put on my plate on my own in the morning. I have to get a better me here.....I can do it.

I have a magnet on the fridge....."IF IT IS GOING TO BE...IT IS UP TO ME" Truth! Right??

I survived babysitting overnight at my son's....heating pad on and an extra dose of meds....one time I had to split them up and the little one was in her crib to try and nap. It didn't work but it gave me a time out to rest a minute and helped....

We made cookies and they have a cardboard box they both fit in....man that is all you need....no expensive toys, just a box. They had so much fun in it! We danced and sang and watch the snow come down..... I made blueberry pancakes and strawberries on top....had a good time. I then went home and SLEPT.

Then yesterday I started the day with enthusiasm and pulled my back lifting a laundry basket I threw everything of importance to hide for the holiday! HEAVY.....so I spent the day on my back and strtching the spine and heating pad in place .

OK, that is my update....today I tred lightly as work is inevitable in the morning and I am fragile today...I can feel it.

May the New Year bring you all something to treasure and hopefulness to get better then you are today. I am always hopeful..........

Happy New Year...........Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.