Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HAPPY NEW YEAR*****1/1/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Happy New Year FMily.....MiMi in NC....where it is damp....we got some rain here....I do not know IF it will be more or not....I was sleeping when the new year arrived....getting up early is not my favorite thing to do....I do hope everyone had a Happy New Year. The furbabies woke me up much too early.

I am hoping and praying that I get to see my granddaughter this year. It has been over 3 years now and she is now 8 years old....I am sure she wonders if we all just dropped off of the face of the earth. So much as happened in the past 3 years and most of it is unbelieveable. There are 39 pages of part of what has surfaced and this is not even close to everything that has happened. Actually we had only *pieces of a puzzle* until my daughter decided to put everything together. And as I have stated it is all so unbelieveable. I can not even imagine just how this has affected my granddaughter's life. Her last statement to me was "MiMi, I miss my daddy as I have no one to snuggle with now". This broke my heart.

I have learned so much in the past few years about just how *things actually work*....and what I have learned has indeed been an eye opener....in more than one way.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of tools and tips that will help you cope better. So hang in here and learn what helps others....as you never know what just might help you as well.

As for me....I use vitamins and supplements and other things as well. A heating pad is a must. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more and knowing that I can no longer push myself.... Gentle stretches or exercises daily also helps-movement is good for my body....whether or not I feel up to it. Staying in one position too long is bad news for me.

Eating right and drinking plenty of water...(WATER being the key). Keeping the stress at bay if possible...(this one is probably the hardest one that I have which is not always easy to do).

Simple things to do....each and every day.

It took me a long time to figure out exactly what my body needed. I am NOT painfree, so please do not think doing this will allow the pain to disappear. I know of nothing that will allow us to have no pain at all....but what I do does allow me relief.

Having some sort of *distraction* is also good....whatever you enjoy doing....perhaps just getting out for a bit and looking in a thrift shop or dollar store. Listening to good music or watching a good movie or reading a good book. (I have issues with my eyes so reading is not one of my favorite things to do).

You should also remember that we are all different....what helps one may or may not work for another....YOU have to decide.

Find what works for you....it does take time and effort to do this.
Make this year a better year for you.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and all.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Happy New Year everyone,

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.