Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****1/3/2013****Much ado about nothing
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and I was smiling about the Y2K ordeal....which reminds me of the phrase *much ado about nothing....remember back then? This reminds me of the state of what is going on with a lot of *issues* these days....I have learned over the years that sometimes people, in general, do not have a clue about so many *things*....there are people in many positions who do not need to be where they are. This is what makes the world go round I guess, unless and until, some of them get caught doing things that they had no business doing in the beginning....I have also learned that sometimes there are people in *high places* who also do not need to be there. We live in a wicked and evil world as it is and then we are blessed or cursed with stupid people who do stupid things....and for the most part stupid can not be changed....but no doubt some of them will eventually get caught.

I am sure that the above does not make sense to a lot of people....as some of you know I have *put up* with a lot of *legal and illegal issues* for the past couple of years or so. I have learned so much more than I ever cared to know about what may or may not take place with things that are *slap out of control*....and just how some things might just happened to some people so that things can change....I never knew just how complicated and complex somes things might get up until the past few years. I have found out though that there is a *limit* of what people should put up with. I continue to hope and pray that I will soon be able to *see* my only granddaughter, as the web that has been weaved slowly untangles. (I hopefully will soon be able to explain more about this grand saga where this puzzle will soon make a clear picture as the pieces of the puzzle slowing become together).

This year just might turn out to be quite an interesting year for some. Can you believe that today is the 3rd day of the NEW YEAR? It has flown by the past few days and I actually get confused during this holiday season when the holidays are so close together.

It is cold today and I will be keeping Noah....they stopped by the other night and Noah was asking when MiMi would be coming again to *play* with him....(this is what he thinks, that MiMi comes to play with Noah....and for the most part....it is indeed correct)....Noah and MiMi are playmates. He is such a special little person, always happy and smiling, for the most part.

OK....now that I have shared a bit of my world with you....I would love to know what is going on with each of you. So far have you had a *good start in the new year*?

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort...there are no quick fixes, that I am aware of.....everything is a process.

Vitamin D****I can not stress this enough....especially for new members....be sure and talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. VITAMIN D is *IMPORTANT*, *at least for some of us.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on first Thursday of 2013.

I hope today will be a good day for us all.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Wow Mimi I see your are up early like me....well I never went down. I tried the heating pad, tried the meds and my body is a mess...looking for shots. The muscle tension is palpable!

Did you know that Soul Train is on in the middle of the night! Geez we thought we were hot in the 70's...I just kept watching the moves (which are still moves today) and the clothes....OH THE CLOTHES....

Outfits that matched perfect, bell bottoms and HAIR..lots of hair!

It was a good memory for me. A good way to end the night of trying to sleep and maybe having 2 hours total. I feel worried for the day to come. I am so very umcomfortable.

Plans to put Christamas away this weekend is not an option at this time....I will wait a week more to see where I am at. The place can just stay festive. I only need to be ready for Superbowl........

It is 13* right now outside and I ccan't believe the oil I received before Christmas is at 1/2 tank already...but time to call for another delivery. I am running it higher these days, always cold in the afternoon and evening....even with a robe. No more 66 for me...

Town has chaanged to caring for our garbage (FINALLY...30 years) so the price dropped so much 85.00 every 2 weeks to 260 dollars a year!! BIG savings, just in time to pay more out of my paycheck for SSDI.....now at 6%. They will get their money one way or another.....

So I thinkit is a wash out in funds when I do the "state of the union for the house in January end!" I always tally our monies to see if we are OK and doing well enough for our future....
Always worried.........

OK...not doing well onthe resolutions for now with the back and not sleeping...calorie watching is in there though. Started that yesterday and did well....

OK, that is my neck of the woods.......Good day for all of you I hope. May something special jump up and surprise you! Hugs, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hi Nana B....OMG.....outfits that matched perfect, bell bottoms and HAIR....lots of hair.....I sure remember *those days*....I had and wore bell bottoms with a little short top....and hair....my hair was very long and very thick when I was young...with a tint of red also....so funny....*those were the days*.

I also wore *stockings and a girdle*....funny, funny, funny.

One December I rode on the Christmas float and dressed as Santa's helper....I had a red short, short skirt and jacket with black boots....

My DH use to tell people that he married me for my legs.....as I had very long and lanky legs....I used to be really *tall*....don't know what happen though....as I now feel short...my children are taller than I am...older son being 6*4 and younger one 6*....my grandfather was over 7*....and had very BIG FEET*.

I have not seem Soul Train for years now...but there are some good shows on late at night and early in the mornings....I normally find something to watch when I can not sleep...I enjoy Hallmark Channel as well....good Christmas movies.

No need for me to worry about money....if is easy when you do not have any....and to think I had planned things so well years ago....it does not always *pan out* as you plan it...we have just learned to live with less...and sometimes....*less is more*....funny thing at times.

OK...so I guess that it is cold in your neck of the woods also....actually colder than here.

I hope you will feel better soon. Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Good early morning... 4:22 am here... I have to get up at 4 m for 14 day to take colitis med again... been down with it for about 4 day but Dr jut returned to the office on the 3rd... of course had to fight for them with the pharmacy.. It i an expenive one and they don't like paying for it... Took all day but the god Dr won lol... He always does... He likes to remind them he could easily admit me to the hospital where things would be much more costly... He did admit me once while fighting with them but only for dehydration just for the day... and told them it was to get my meds... they oked my meds before I went to sleep that eve.. They were at home waiting for me...

or far no dehydration... just massive cramps and my diapers seem to be dissapearing at a rapid rate ROFLMAO LOL... that hurt rolling on the floor and if I landed on my as I would have bounced back up lol... lol... lol...

Kids had New Years Day alone... Eddie had to work and
Richie cooked a wonderful meal that I tried to eat but was unsuccessful... Even when I drink liquids my cramp hit... But I still drink them... I don't like hospitals even for a few IV's... lol... ,
Well between the pain and now my Parkinson's jerks I must go rest... Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts... love to all... Please take care... Remember to do something good for yourself everyday to remind you that you are special...

and don't worry both my on are here taking care of me and they do a good job of it... They are wonderful ons...

love... Jan/Dakota

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi and Nancy!
Up early here too...Husband has been having an issue with sleeping so I don't get much. He has started rolling over into my side of the bed and sleeping on top of me; and when he changes position, he complains that I am on HIS side and he tries to push me out of bed. I have no idea why this has started, but it sure is annoying. He was so restless the other night that I got hardly any sleep at all. I am going to buy him some Melatonin and see if that helps.

I know we need a bigger bed because we've both gained weight over the past year and we don't fit into this one well any more. We are both wider now, lol. This bed is only double and it's almost 15 years old. We have a frame for a bigger one, but not the mattresses. Our budget is at zero as usual, (thanks to the bank this time---we will be changing to a credit union soon) so I can't get mattresses yet, but I am bound and determined to do it, one way or another. I need to be able to sleep, and so does he.

I was taking stock of 2012 in my journal the other day; and I had an eye-opening realization. I realized that I've been putting a healthy lifestyle on hold because I was waiting for Husband to make up his mind to join me. He says he wants to, but his actions say otherwise, and I realized I can't wait for him to decide any longer. So I am doing it for myself now...I will be exercising, walking at least 4 times a week, and making healthy meals. I am going to eat well, budget be damned, and if he wants to join me he is welcome. Maybe if I set an example for long enough he will be motivated to do something himself. He can at least eat healthier if I'm in charge of the meals, lol.

Not much else to say...I am feeling tired and rather blue this morning, and I'm going to fix myself a nice breakfast. Then I'm going to get some groceries while Husband is at work. I have a little Xmas money put aside, and I've made a list. If I hide the food I buy, he'll think it was already here.

crystalgreeneyes replied to angelswife's response:
Hi Angels Happy New Year. I know what you mean although the least of my worries is to lose weight, I know I need to exercise more. My husband needs to lose about 20 lbs. at least. He got a treadmill and so far it is has been sitting in the box in the basement for several weeks now.
The budgetary concerns, I get. We have no extra money for anything. My husband lost his business a couple of years ago and had to start over at age 54 in a very low paying job. I had a great profession and I was making a lot of money. That is all gone now. I can understand that my husband is sometimes resentful that I am not working but I could not physically do it. I tried looking for something less demanding but no one wants to hire a 57 yr. old woman it seems. I am still trying anyway. We have so little now I guess it's very frightening for the future, when we see all our families and friends getting promotions and doing so well. I never anticipated this; that we would be this age and have so little. We have our house paid for thank God. Best wishes to you for the New Year.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hello and good Thursday everyone. I have been offline due to the fact my DSIL took out my lap top's old programing and instlled a newer program. And when he did I had nothing left, it all had / has to be reinstalled. And I couldn't even find the WiFi so getting online wasn't gonna happen. I had to go to my carrier with lap top in hand to get set back up . And what ticks me is the fact that my ipad lets me see all of you but won't let me post.

So much for that, I hope each of you had a great Christmas and a very happy New Year. I enjoyed both.

MiMi, I know this year will be much better for you than last and that this year you will be with you again.

angeleswife, I hope this year you get into that healthy routine, I plan to get myself up and moving too.

I am going to close this post here.
Sending gentle hugs and best wishes to all of the FMily for a really good day.
Linda R.

fibroinsd responded:
it is 12:30 am..wishing I could get to sleep..
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.