Skip to content
Beware of Lunesta
franr posted:
Hi Fibro Folk

This is my third attempt to post.Please be aware of the side effects of lunesta. I ended up in the ER with severe mouth thrush.Place on nystatin and today my Primary ordered dilfucan.I thought I had reflex unable to swallow some oof my pills.My appetite with this major flare is terrible and lost 12 lbs in 5 weeks.I am so discouraged this has been flare has been going on for 4 weeks.No let up.my MD is upset that this pharacologist put me on this drug.It did taste bad though. Anyone have pproblems with this drug?I think of all of you at night and know I am not alone.Going in Brighams Boston in a few weeks for another opinion.This phamacoogists hasn't even called me back.He is history.

Anon_2912 responded:
I was put on Lunesta, but it did nothing to help me sleep, so I went back to ambien.

I did not get any side effects from it in any way. I tried it for about 3 months, but it did not help me.

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fran,

Thrush is a Candida Albacan's infection...an oportunistic bugger that will find it's way in the vaginal area and then in the mouth with a dry mucus membrane. Is it possible your other meds set you up for this outbreak?

We, generally are colon challenged with IBS to have imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the colon. Taking the Lactobacillus in pill or yogurt form is so helpful.

Once balanced with the diflucan, it may be a thought for you.

I wish you luck, it always amazes me how people can respond so differently to meds. Also it seems as a rule WE are so sensitive to things... Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.
NancyB

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.