Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****ROLL CALL****New members also ****1/4/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
TGIF*****and a good morning to each of you.....here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest as we all know just hope important sleep is for us FMers....I certainly slept better last night....actually do not even remember much at all until this morning.

We are moving right along in the new year...already reached the first week-end....it is cold here at 28* but it is going to get up to around high 60* this week-end...so far we have not had any snow in my area...I manage so much better when it is dry.
I do not think there is any in the forecast for the week-end so this will be a good thing.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the *right combination* that might work for you and this does take time and effort...but this will be well worth it.

*****Vitamin D....be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level. This is so very important.

I wanted to share something with those of you who have grandchildren. Hallmark store as well as other stores offer books which can be *recorded* for our grandchildren. I purchased them for my grandchildren a couple of years ago...and we have just tried to get the *recording done* on them. I decided that after trying to record on one of them that it would be a good thing to *share the recording*....especially since we have not been allowed to see my granddaughter...so I talked to my children and we decided that everyone would do a page for each book. We are still working on this. When we are done, the books will be *locked to save the recording*...and they will have this for a long time. This makes a good gift for grandchildren and you can get them at a good deal on the Christmas versions after the holiday. They also have other books besides Christmas. I love Christmas though and I got the Night before Christmas and Frosty. Noah already received a Night before Christmas from his great grandfather who just passed. So Noah will get the Frosty. I will also say this...it has been fun doing the recording as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great Friday....stay safe and stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I just finished putting together a crockpot beef stew. It's the first time I've ever made one...The recipe said prep time took 10 minutes---it was closer to half an hour for me; but it's been seven months since I really cooked anything. It felt so good to actually accomplish something! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'm glad Husband wasn't around to see how clumsy I was---he would have laughed me right out of the kitchen! I haven't chopped veggies or used a peeler in so long that I may as well be starting from scratch; and I felt self-conscious at my slowness. I was fumbling around like it was my first time in the kitchen. I was very glad no one was watching me.

At one point I managed to break a plate---I was reaching for something in the back of the spice cupboard and it got caught. I gave it a yank, and oops---here came half the contents of the cupboard spilling out all over the counter. One of the spice jars landed on a plate and broke it. I'm thinking I may try to glue it back together even though I know it won't be the same. I cleaned up that mess and moved on.

I had SO much fun grocery shopping yesterday! Mom had given me some yarn money for Xmas; but I used it for groceries. I was able to get enough meat to make four dinners with, because everything I needed was on sale. I also got some other things we needed, and I started restocking my spice supply. I got over $100 worth of groceries; but because of the sales I only spent $76, which was amazing. I had enough money left to get some extra things. It felt like Christmas had come for a second time.

I came home with almost two pounds of stew beef and six half-pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, plus all the produce I needed to make four dinners. Usually once I buy produce and our "regular" groceries, there's nothing left for anything but hamburger meat. I was also able to get some of my favorite expensive organic soups (they were on sale for $3.58 a container!), a two-pound bag of brown rice, a bag of barley, a bag of 16-bean soup mix, a Tuscan soup mix, and some frozen mixed vegetables. I felt like I'd just won the lottery.

I literally can't remember the last time I was able to get this much real food in one shot. Now I'm not so worried about not being able to shop for the rest of the month. I have enough for the four dinners, plus I can whip up some healthy soups. I will see if I can make enough soup to freeze. The beef stew makes four servings so I can freeze some of that too. It's nice to have a break from worrying about how we're going to eat. I wish mom would give me Xmas money more often, lol.

Now that the beef stew is cooking, I will be taking it easy...After several nights of Husband's restlessness and bad dreams, I am a bit worse for wear, lol. He is not awake when he yells at me, but rather in a twilight state where he's still dreaming; so it's hard to reason with him. He remembers nothing when he wakes up. I am hoping I can get him on a natural sleep aid to perhaps calm the dreams down. He has been very lively and I am feeling the results.

Speaking of Husband, he just drove in...I think I will sign off for now and see what kind of soup I want to whip up for today's lunch. Hope everyone has a good day!

katmandulou responded:
TGIF - it's January? Where did the past year go???

Still cold here in southeastern MA, but they've predicted temps in the 50s for next week, and no precipitation. So the snow will melt and make everything squishy - swell.

I got a good report from the doc (surgeon) Wednesday, but he wants me to see a GI guy to regulate my system. Just goes to show ya, there's always something.

Mimi, I've seen those books, and I thought they were pretty clever. It helps the little ones learn to read, too, recognizing letters and words. i continue to pray for you and your family, and especially that your issue will end soon and you get to see your granddaughter.

angelswife, I'm glad you're up and around. Still, take it easy on that ankle so you can restart your business strong in the spring. Depending on the kind of plate, gluing it might not be a good idea, as it could get moldy or hold other icky germs. My DH used to talk in his sleep. I used to tell him to shut up and roll over, and he did. Try it. LOL

I wish you all the best Friday - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday, 1ST Friday of 2013, to one and all. As MiMi pointed out the year is starting out cold for me here in miiddle TN as well. Went down to the low 20's last night, the same the next few nights but warm in the day time.

As each day of the new year passes it means spring and all it's colors and warm temps are one day closer. For me that is such a good thing. With spring comes less body aches, less fibro symptoms and more days out of doors in the sun.

MiMi, DH and I got three of those holiday recording books @ Hallmark a few years ago. DH and I took turns recording every other page and then sent them to the three youngest GC. They loved them! They read them each year now, a great gift that keeps on giving. I suggest them for anyone who has smaller GC. So nice and so worth the few extra dollars you pay for them.

Angelswife, you are a great shopper! It's been forever since I've been able to get more than I thought I could and have money left over. Way to go!

Lou, sorry it's so cold in SE,MA. Wish I had some warmer temps to send you, but here it's still not great.

Will close this here, gotta errands to run today and should get up and get to them.
Sending best wishes for a fibro issues and pain free day.
Gentle hugs to all, Linda R.

Anon_2912 replied to angelswife's response:
Great job at grocery shopping...

We basically eat A LOT OF TUNA...It is easy to prepare & cheap. My husband basically eats sandwhiches. I am not a breakfast eater, but snack through out the day on graham crackers & peanut butter. Dinner is usually tuna & sandwhiches.

I also like top ramon...

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.