Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****1/5/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is really cold this morning and I am up way too early....I am not a morning person....never have been. I use to remember though when I worked and hated getting up so early....well...I no longer work and I still hate getting up so very early....the furbabies woke me up this morning and I also have Harley for the week-end....she heard the others and decided she needed to go outside as well...but at least she came back in and returned to her pen. She is a good dog...I have never had such a big dog to be inside...but she minds me well.

Well, we are into day 5 of the new year...it is passing by rather quickly as well...so much going on and I will be glad when it turns warmer now....I think it is going to be up around the 50*s today.

I do hope everyone had a good week and I hope today will be a good day for all of us as well.

DH has a really bad cold and I just hope I will not get it...he has had it for several days now...he is coughing and all stopped up. I have tried to stay away from him as much as I possibly can...I sure do not want him to share it with me. I normally get everything he happens to catch and actually sometimes he brings in things to me.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort to find the right combination of *tools* that might work for you...we are all different and there are no quick fixes that I know of...I continue to hope though that soon the medical researchers will find something that everyone will consider to be the *magic pill*.

Vitamin D....I wish I could shout this one little thing out to anyone and everyone who is faced with any kind of pain...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...I think some days that this has indeed been my *magic pill of sorts*.

Have a good Saturday....stay warm and stay safe.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Good morning all,

I was lucky to have the neurologist say yes...and give me her lunch window to do shots for me. DH mapped my back on Thursday night 60 tender spots(trigger point) zones and that was without the neck..WOW I knew I was in trouble but it isn't til examined does it put it into a picture. My poor DH was so upset after the mapping.

I just said this is why I lost New Years and stayed home and pulled in and it is like having a turtle shell on my back. The worst of it was the back pain. AS SOON as she injected the muscle to that area the spine popped and I was in a good place.

Sore as hell this a.m. but I am younger and in a positive place. I paid out of pocket for the session and told her I would pay twice as i was close to not being able to wiork . She was "NOOOO" they are so good to me..

Today I have a few things i want to do, but a slow day planned...It is freezing outside but better today 31* right now and I think going to 40.....good for us.

Snow is still around on the ground, but pristine no children or animals have trailed through it. I will start de-decorating and making piles for next weeks boxes from the attic. NO WAY this weekend could that be done.

So that is what is up at our house. Tonight my son plays a gig at a golf bar he often plays at....so we are going. Nice to go out, I have homebound myself for alot of the holiday season and that also decreases the exposure to the viruses out there...so far so good. The office has about 4 sick and functioning in the place. Washing my hands often and trying to keep away :0.

Being positive for my immune system . Hope it works.
Have a good Saturday all. I hope the sun is out at your house.
Hugs, Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday everyone. I hope your yesterday was good, your night restful and that you've had little to no fibro issues or pain to deal with.

As MiMi noted a we are now into week two of the new year, so far, so good. it will be raining here in just an hour or so,
and it won't be much warmer than the 50's. But it will warm up nicely over the next few days and I guess that will make up for today.

DH and I are doing pretty well as in door gardeners. The plants we brought in last October are doing well and if things are like they were last year in March the plants will be able to be back out of doors in 8 weeks. I am also happy to see that some seeds I got from Hawaii last November and planted are now up and nearly 3 inches high. I am hoping that they will be strong enough to be out of doors along with the other plants, The seeds came from my DSIL and were a gift. They are passion fruit seeds and I will need Carpenter bees to pollenate the flowers this summer. The scent from the passion fruit flower is so pretty, but oh so strong, can't wait to have a few flowers.

MiMi, I hope your DH feels better soon and that you don't come down with the cold he has. Lots of Vit C and Green Tea seems to help me ward off colds. Not always, but lately I've been able to NOT get DH's colds.

Nancy am so glad you were able to get your shots. And yes your neurologist sounds like a gem.

angleswife, just posted on your fb page. Hope your having a good day.

Okay, not a lot to talk about so will close this here.
Sending best wishes to all for a good day. Gentle hugs to all, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon all...

had a long day with mom and dad.. Dad doesn't seem to feel well in the mornings these days..and complains a lot..but by noon starts to feel better..

I ended up taking mom clothes shopping..not easy to do with someone that has alzeihmers..very tiring..but did find her some pants and shirts..now if she can just find them and put them on when she is at home..that will be good !

my middle son's gf is down here and stopping by today..so I won't be on long..

tomorrow is church and the usual breakfast with mom and dad..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.