Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Calf Pain/achyness
SilverDove7 posted:
For almost a week now i have been having pain/achy calfs. It goes up under my knees into my thighs a little ways. I dont know if this is a fibro thing or something not so good. Can anyone shed a little light on this. I have been using a heating pad and am going to start laying with my feet up. Anyone else expirence this?

Sabrina
PS my spelling is horrible.

franr responded:
silverDove7
Its funny you came up with this symptom. I also had the same pain yesterday,I am in the middle of major flare with many symptoms.But I too had the calf pain and my primary sent me for an ultrasound to r/o blood clot. And it was negative and today it is gone but somewhere else. Please check with your primary first.Good luck.

crystalscats responded:
I too get this at times. So bad I don't want to walk or do anything. I usually get it when I am in a flare. This everything else will begin to ache really bad too. I also have a lot of pain behind my knee when I get this, but only my right knee??

My doc sent me for all kinds of tests too. Pressure tests etc on my legs again make sure was not a clot. All came back fine no clots? I did show less blood pressure once past my ankle though. Thought prob from Neuropathy though. Good luck just make sure to tell your doctor about it.

uschi66 responded:
Hi Sabrina Sorry to hear that. My feet and lower legs sometimes feel like their broken, especially when I get up in the morning or after a rest. Especially the shins and top of my feet hurt like hell. No idea what to do about this yet but still thought I share this with you. All the best x

squarley responded:
WOW THAT IS WHAT I HAVE HAD LATELY JUST POSTED ABOUT IT LAST WEEK, MY CALFS HURT AND BEHIND KNEE, THE WORRY ALL WAYS IS BLOOD CLOT BUT THEY TOLD ME TO POINT MY TOE UP TOWARD MY FACE AND IF IT DID NOT GET WORSE IT WAS NOT A BLOOD CLOT OR I WOULD BE IN WORSE PAIN. IT DID NOT FEEL WORSE MORE LIKE MUSCEL PAIN AND SORENESS ,NOW THAT I HEAR ALL YOU HAVE THIS I AM THINKING FIBRO. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS WITH ANY ONE ELSE. SHOULD ASK DR. P IF THIS IS COMMON. HUGS TO ALL THAT SUFFER, SQUARLEY

squarley responded:
MY POST IS STILL ON IT UNDER NEW PAIN, HUGS SQUARLEY

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.