Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday *****1/6/2013*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and it is cold this morning....but is supposed to get into the 50*s today...it was nice yesterday as well....Harley was able to go outside for a while as the sun was shining...

It was a quiet week-end since DH is sick...he took medicine and rested...which is exactly what he needed to do. He does not get sick often but when he does, he is sick. I increased my C and zinc in trying to avoid getting what he has...so far, so good...but I am not yet sure that I will be able to avoid getting this...I have also sprayed Lysol and tried to be careful....I hate getting something else to deal with...

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you to cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...you will find lots of good *tools and tips* here that perhaps you have not thought of trying...of course we are all different and what helps one may or may not help another...and it does take time and effort to find the right combination of things that just might make a difference...

Vitamin D....so important to a lot of people these days....be sure and ask your doctor about checking your Vitamin D level...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I continue to include this in most of my posts since I feel that this is really important for everyone...and it just might make a difference in the way you feel...getting your level back within the normal range may take a long time though...I know it did for me...I continue to take a mult vitamin with extra D in it...do your own research about this and just what the medical researchers have found concerning it.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Stay safe and stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning Fmily,

Mimi, my first neurologist told me that when I feel that I am getting sick....like the throat starting..suck on "pepto bismol" tablets. The Bisthmus (sp?) in the tablet will rid the virus. Now she never got sick.....using this old remedy. Just sharing this.

I have tried salt to burn the throat when it starts and it doesn't work...so maybe I too should do the pepto trick.. (just saying)

OH MAN I AM BACK....

God bless my shots and that I have this available to me. It is similar to the chiro adjusting me but direct and medical. This is also hereditary and from overuse and misuse....OH yeah I have that from years on nights in the ICU...

So, I have rested for yesterday and now move forward today. Diet started this a.m. and with a nutritionist "watching me" not like before when I lost the 50lbs and did it myself...as a nurse thinking I could do it all......BUT now I go in with eyes wide open. I need to change the future for me and I WILL.

IF IT'S GOING TO BE...IT IS UP TO ME !

Trampoline out for later and I will dance today....."arms in" as Dr P wants and is so important.....New me coming back again!

The sun is out here but cold 32* and I don't think we are warming past this.....snow is still everywhere and the animals are trying to find foods..I started birds food again as the door has no lights all on it so I couldn't open it ! They are returning slowly...soon the crowd will be back (as they tell eachother somehow!)

Ok fmily....look for something good in this day. There is a gem somewhere waiting for you to notice it...open your eyes and heart to see it!

Take care, Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....so good to hear that things are better with you....any time I am having a *rough* day....I continue to tell myself that this too will pass....and you know it does....sometimes it might take longer than other times...but eventually things do get better...

Thanks for the Pepto tip....I will try to remember this in the future....I have to tell you this much though...I hate taking Pepto...and this stems back to when I was a child and sick a lot....as I got older I did manage to take the chewable tablets though....and have used them on occasion...I hate getting sick though so I am willing to try almost anything to stay as well as I can possibly be.

I did take extra C's and zinc when DH got sick...trying to ward off me catching what he has...so far, so good...I told the children this week-end that they might not want to come by...as Alec and Noah both have been sick with one thing or another...and I hate knowing that we expose them to anything which might make them get sick...I remember when my children were young and just how hard it was when one got sick since most of the time they passed it to the others...so one getting sick turned into 3 being sick...and sometimes I would also pick up whatever they had as well...not a good thing at all.

I do hope that you will continue to get better and I hope you and everyone else here will have a good week ahead....with lots of sunshine...it is supposed to be in 50*s and then in low 60*s for next Friday....this is my kind of weather....with no dampness and some sunshine as well....good on the mind, body and the soul...

Take care and thanks again for the *tip*...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

CrystalsCats responded:
Hello again. Second time doing this who knows what I did and lost the last post as I was finishing! Have been lurking but not posting much for while now. I have been out of meds since Sept including supplements. So has been very hard on me. Each time I think maybe can pick up something it goes to Christmas for my son. The things we do as mothers!

I am going back up to NJ to see my Rhuemy doc on the 15th. It is a 4hr drive but worth it to me. He usually gives me samples and discount on fee as knows I am still unemployed. Been almost yr since I have seen him!

But between the R/A and FMS and the cold weather it has taken a toll on me. I have been recliner bound since the Sunday before Christmas. Guess it was all too much for me and no meds! Tylenol only med have been taken. I have decided this this last flare so bad I am going to apply for disability. Its not getting better and I just can't do what I used to do anymore. Very hard for me to face this. My poor son I almost fell asleep driving one day with him. The fatigue came out of no where. I pulled over let him drive.

Supplements and Vit D can make a big difference !!!
Hope you all have a great day!!

Crystal

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. I have been busy trying to finish my books for my millwright traiing. They want me to finish soon, ahead of schedule. This would be good because The pay is $2 more and hr. than I make in training. I had my evaluation and the are pleaed with my work. I have a lot to learn, but it is going well.

My body has been hurting a bit again. After I threw out my middle back it has never fully recovered. I am thinking about a chiro appt. but the last time actually hurt me. I am affraid to go. I have to see my Dr. for a med check so I will see what I can do. I realy feel I need an MRI after 18 years of back problems withought ever having one. It hurts every day for a few years now and it's getting old.

One of my favorite winter activities is coming to and end I think. I have played broom ball as long as I can remember, with family and friends. Last year I had a nasty fall, and between that, another fall on the ice a couple weeks later, and other issues, I have not wanted to play yet this year. I think if I hit the ice I would be in serious trouble. I don't bounce anymore. LoL.

We have a warmup here right now, high 20's. This is very warm, and welcome for January. Cold, damp or both, really does not do any good for so many of us.

With the warmer temps and sunshine I think we will walk the 3 mile loop today. I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday MiMi, NancyB, CrystalCats and MNJeepguy and everyone that follows. It's nice and sunny here, still losts of green going on out there now so it makes the day seem more spring like than it really is. And I love spring so I am up and moving this a.m. I hope that your today will be a nice one and that each of you has fibro issue and pain free day.

It's going to be a nice weather day and nice for the next few days. We'll be near 60 by week's end. Yippee. I bought some flowers two days agoand they have the most wonderful scent. I put them in out down stairs bedroom and each time I go in I get hit with the scent of spring.. can't wait unitl we get there.

DH is asleep right now so I have a few minutes to post my hello for the day.

MiMi, sorry your DH is still feeling under the weather. I do hope that he begins to feel better quickly.

Nancy, love the idea of the pepto, but sick how? The flu or upset stomach. A cold? Please let me know as I plan to use the it.

Crystal, sorry your in a flare but am glad you are heading up to see your Rhuemy. Gosh 4 hours, but I have been there, done that so know it's worth the drive. As for the disability be sure you have all your doctors on board with you. It's a bear getting on without each of them behind you.

Cory, a warm up at 20 and I'm complaing at 35 being too cold. We've been lucky here in middle TN, warmer than it should and not as cold even when it's cold. broom ball.. I don't think I know that one. Sorry the fun of winter is over, but hey spring is just a few months away.

Okay DH is up now so will get to making his breakfast so he can watch the play off games today, ugh, I hate losing Sunday's to the TV.

Wishing each of you a good day.. Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
afternoon..

so glad to get the pepto bismo hint..they say the flu is bad in most of the country..but luckily not here, yet, at least...

went to church this morning..dad didn't make it..wasn't feeling good. He got up when we came back and then we all went to breakfast. He had a bad spell after breakfast, having lots of tremors and he almost collapsed. We got him into bed. I just called and he says he is better...seems like this is his pattern..not doing well in the a.m...but better in the afternoon. I will go get them shortly for dinner..but I said to my DH that we need to have another conversation about moving where they are not alone..not sure how we will do that..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Good morning all,

The Pepto trick is the TABLETS and you suck on them like a losenger......you use this when your throat is sore just before a cold. IT STOPS the virus in the throat before moving tot he sinuses.

So she says, remember she was the one who used this. I don't get that many colds that I ever remembered to have it around. Two or three tabs I think over that day....

Cory: Maybe one of the falls on the ice would put your back BACK IN! Ouch, I hate falling.......I also had a chiro that was no good for backs but great for my neck...I then had that physiatrist/chiro that was great with everything....(whole picture kinda guy) Chaned my diet, habits, posture....adjusted me...PT in the office...I was exhausted when he was done. $$$ is why I stopped.

OK, hope the Pepto get some through this mess we are all in so many have this bug...............Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.