Skip to content
Fibro and Esptein Barr - DEFINITE link!
An_249777 posted:
Hi all, there is a DEFINITE link between the two!
I have had chronic fatigue for MANY years & keep getting recurring glandular fever type symptoms and low grade viruses. I can definitely relate to the one lady that posted.

If the weather turns, I know I am going to get sick; If people around me have the slightest cough or cold I catch it; if i eat the wrong things I get sick; etc etc...

Also have fibro.. When I have the virus, my glands in my neck and throat swell like golf balls and then the chronic exhaustion and pain start it's like a never ending cycle..

I know i am sounding horribly negative tonight but I'm sure you all understand what I am going through.

I actually run my own support group on FaceBook for Fibro and I think I might expand it to include Epstein barr and chronic fatigue.

I will be trying out different alternative therapies starting from tomorrow and writing up on them. It is a South African support group, but you are all welcome to join!

I'm sure I am not the only one who is sick and tired of being sick and tired

will post the link shortly x

foreversore responded:
Interesting. I test Epstein Barr positive yet I have never been diagnosed with mono. I also get sick very, very easily and my constant fatigue and pain are disabling. Do you have any literature to support this? I would love to print it out and take it to my doctor.

Anon_2912 responded:
95% of the population will test positive for Epstein Barr, many don't even know it. It lies dormant until it decides to activate.

It is like TB many will test positive for it, but it is dormant.

I tested positive for both but neither has woke up yet to bother me..I however do have any fatigue. I did when I had thyroid dosage issues, but not anymore.

I can't say there is or isn't any connection. I am the only one in my family with FM, but other sibilings have tested positive for Epstein Barr, & TB, just not active.

In my opinion, no connetction.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.