Skip to content
Hump Day *****1/9/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and I just got up....for the 2nd time this morning...I did sleep ok....and the sun is shining and it is dry, for now anyway....it is going to be a nice day and so much nicer by the week-end...they are now saying we just might reach 70 by the week-end....and it is still January...what weird and very strange weather we are having...just how it does not make a lot of people sick...they say that the flu is horrible this year.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for all of us with little to no pain....only IF we could all be in a place where the weather was *perfect*....I think it would make a BIG difference in how we feel.

Can you believe that today is the 9th day of the New Year. Time is flying by again....so much going on around the country as well. Only wish there was more *good news to share*.

Welcome to the new members. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. It is so important to learn all you can about this mean and ugly illness...the more we know the better we cope....I do believe this. Over the years I have actually learned so much about *it*...and just how I can *control* some things...no, I am not *painfree* nor do I expect to be....(that would be quite nice though)...but I have learned that accepting that I have to *face whatever life brings each day* and deal with it the best I can is a way of life...I think the sooner we, FMers, do this....the better things will be. We have to figure out the *coping method*....and do whatever it takes to make life better.

Nana B calls it *dancing with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon*....which pretty much explains the process...there are tools and tips here and lots of good support as well. It does take time to *find what works for you*....so hang in here with us...ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions...tell everyone what you have found that helps you cope better....as you never know who this might help along the way.

My favorite thing is Vitamin D...you know I have been sharing this tidbit of info now for a very long time. Vitamin D make a BIG difference in how I feel...and it just might make a difference for each of you as well. Ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...*THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL KNOW*. Remember ...Low Vitamin D can cause some people additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.
And the best thing about this is it is a cheap fix. There are now more multi vitamins which have *extra D* included....*source one* is a good multi found at walmart...I take the *over 50* one...around $6 a bottle.

I also would encourage a magnesium supplement....and Omegas as well.

My DH is still fighting something....coughing and sinus problems....I am so very thankful that I have NOT caught it....and I think it is due to me taking the vitamins and supplements that I am on.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and enjoy the sunshine, if you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Wednesday everyone I hope your yesrday was good and that your today is even better.

It's raining here, but not cold. Have rain in the forecast for most of what's left of the week, but it will be nice and warm. Gosh it's already the second week of the new year. Pretty soon it will be February and Madi Gras and Valentine's day. For us in the South East both are a sure sign spring, 20TH of March, is not far off. I hope this year DH and I can travel down to NO. Each year we say yes we're gonna and then end up not going, I do hope this year we buck the trend.

Had a nice yesterday and enjoyed my time with the people over at the church. DH and I headed to bed early last night as he has been really working out at work these past few days. I didn't mind either as I have had the darndest time falling to sleep and staying alseep. Such is my life with fibro in the winter.

Have errands to run this a.m. and then dinner out with DH. O lost a bet on the ND BAMA game and I have to buy him a Lobseter dinner.

Not really a lot to share here today, so I guess I will stop here by wishing each of you a wonderful day.
Gentle hugs, Linda

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
Migraine, "visitor" and a flare---that about sums up my morning. I'm thinking if I start preparing dinner now I might actually be done by dinnertime, lol. I am barely moving at the moment.

I planned a sweet potato casserole for tonight, along with some broiled, barbecue-glazed chicken thighs. The thighs aren't my favorite part; but we have plenty because I got a package of ten on sale for less than $10 a while back. They've been sitting patiently in the freezer, waiting for me to do something with them. Which reminds me---I need to get them out of the freezer!

Aside from that, I have nothing planned for today (except Husband may need help getting the tree out of the house). I pushed through the fatigue yesterday, but today's a different story. I can just about move, ugh.

I'm signing off now so I can load up on coffee and Advil. Husband's due home soon; and if he wants to tackle the tree I need to as least be able to stand up. Hope everyone has a good day!

katmandulou responded:
Happy Hump Day Everyone!

It's cold and grey here, but not raining, 36? now and heading to 48?, or so they say. Warmer temps mean I'll be going out later just for the exercise. There's still snow in shady areas, we had some flurries over the weekend that made the 'old' snow look clean again.

I've been trying to get out every day, since I know movement will help both the FM and my intestinal leftovers. I'm still debating which GI to see - the local guy I don't like or the young 'un I saw in the hospital who DH has declared "too far away".

I went back to the bookstore to see if they were in need of help. The manager said he kept only one of the seasonal hires. I asked him to call if he needed anyone else. The best I can do. Next stop: temp agency.

Mimi, keep up the good work. It's reassuring for me to come here and see your daily missive.

Linda, bummer on the bet. At least you get to enjoy one, too, if you want!

Angerswife, it makes me happy that you're getting around, too. Take it slow and don't do what you shouldn't.

I wish you all the best Hump Day you can possibly have!
Lou

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
375 of 402 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.