Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****1/10/2013 *****early spring in January*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....where it is definitely odd weather....now they say we will have a couple of days with temps in high 60, 70's....and it is wintertime....sure hope this weather does not bring more sickness for people....DH is still hacking and now he is having eye issues as well. Whatever he has he can not shake it. I am hoping he will try to get a doctor's appt today, if he is not doing any better.

I have been lucky so far and not picked up whatever it is that he caught. This too is really very unusual because I am the one who normally picks up what he happens to get and carry around. Hardly ever does he actually get sick.

I am not sure exactly what is going on with this weather, but it seems like springtime has really arrived too early. Odd that the temps have been so very mild. It was predicted that this winter here would be one of the worse and it still might be, but it has a long way to go right now. Interesting how sometimes the weather people have no idea either what is going to actually happen.

So...we are now into the double digits of the month. Days are passing by quickly...January will soon be gone and another month of the new year will arrive. Time does fly when you are having fun....or so I have heard this saying forever.

Welcome to the new members who have joined us recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. There are no quick fixes with dealing with this mean and ugly illness....only things that might help. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* that you will find to the right of this page or to the left as well. We have good support here and many good *tools to try* that just might work for you as well.

Vitamin D....be sure and talk to your doctor about getting your VItamin D level checked....which is important to a lot of people these days....low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.
and the best part of this is it is a very cheap fix, but it does take a while to get your level back within the normal range for some. A person should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever they decide to try before making a decision as to whether or not it is working. Everything is a process which does take time and effort.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest....as sleep is so very important to us FMers....and that today will be a good day for all of us us, with little to no pain.

Enjoy the sunshine if you can and remember that springtime will be here before we know it....something to look forward to for most of us.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi and to all those that follow. I hope your yesterday was good and that your had little in the way of fibro symptoms to deal with. I hope your today is really good as well.

Speaking of sunshine, it's in short supply here right now. Sunshine due in in a few hours. At least it's warm and will be over 70 Saturday, so they say. I agree with MiMi, wierd weather for January. But since it will be warm I'll take it.

Will be making this post short as I have two medical appointments this morning so can't stay online much longer. I have my yearly eye exam and then minutes later my bi yearly dental cleaning. Both are nearby so won't be risking a speeding ticket. I have no idea why I made these so close together. I hate early appointments on any day but two so close is beyond my thinking as to how I did this to myself.

I guess I'll close this here by wishing each of you a good day, no pain and some warm weather with sunshine.

Gentle hugs, Linda R.

Teelady1 responded:
Good morning, Mimi, Linda and all to follow!

We're having some almost spring-like weather here in No IL, too. Near 50 degrees in January? The warm-up will be followed by a cold front and we'll be cold again after the weekend. The weather changes have triggered some more pain - but it's not as bad as some times.

I've been trying to get more exercise. I have learned that I have to get some kind of activity regularly - otherwise pain and stiffness is worse. I'm starting to learn Tai Chi and I'm enjoying it a lot. This is good - since I am not one for enjoying exercise (except golf). The program is a 90-day DVD workout that begins very slowly and I'm finding it to have a good pace.

Sleep has been okay. I've actually had some nights of sleep where I'm sleeping well - but just not long enough.

Wishing everyone a great day with no or little pain - and good sleep tonight!

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a good day. I have been very busy, but doing well. I went to the Dr. for a med check on my Gabapentin. I take the minimum dose, and only at night, now I added once in the afternoon to minimize my symptoms. So far it helps reduce them about 20%. Enough for me to function better. I will have to take it a few more months to be sure, but I am doing pretty good.

The weather certainly is crazy. We have snow melting when it is normally below zero during the day. The global climate is changing. It's pretty scary how fast it is happening.

I have tomorrow off but have to cover a night shift at 7pm. I haven't done a 12hr night shift in a year and half. It should be interresting.

That is about all for this eve, I hope you all get the rest you need. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.