Skip to content
I have missed everyone.
debrabrooks1960 posted:
Hello everyone,

I have not been on in awhile. Christmas Eve my younger brother collapsed in his home. He laid on the floor for 24 hours before he was found. He had a stroke and a heart attack. He has been in ICU since Christmas day. We have been going back and forth to Tampa Florida (6 hours from our home). My brother has been on life support. The doctors wanted us to unplug him so he could die. We just could not unplug him. He is only 47 years old. Thank God we did not. In the last week he has woken up, can use his left hand to tell us what he needs. Today he was taken off the breathing machine for 4 hours! Little by little he is getting better. He is even watching television. We are going back to Tampa tomorrow to see him again. He is being transferred to a long term facility for rehab.

I hope everyone had a good holiday season. I have missed the chat room. Please take care and if it is not too much trouble could you please say a prayer for my brother. His name is Gene.

Soft hugs to all,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.