Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HEART RATE
dawncostella posted:
Does anyone have high blood pressure and a fast heart rate? I just got diagnosed with both and I am trying to figure out if FM has anything to do with it.

booch007 responded:
Dawn,

What meds are you on? This can very well be med induced.

High B/P can always increase heart rate as it is a load for the heart to push against (called after load) and it will then work harder and increase it's rate to survive.

As with low pressure and a low heart rate....easy peezy work load so it can rest.

True hypertension often needs a mix of meds to fix and it is a trial and error period. Salt load is so imprtant on your part and Chinese food is forbidden...(thats salt can do you in!) that is why it tastes so good! C R A P ! I used to love chinese food .

Good luck during this tune up but check tohe meds you take for playing a role in this, the rest may be diet or genetic.

Nancy B

dawncostella replied to booch007's response:
Thanks for the info Nancy. I am on Gabapentin, Effexor, and Flexiril. I have been on these for a while though and the BP and heart rate thing just started.

They have me on Lopressor and a water pill for the BP and heart rate. I am not sure they are working.

Thanks,
Dawn

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.