Skip to content
Pet Peeve*****O/T*****
dollbug posted:
Hello FMily....today was a very longgggg day for me...MiMi in NC...and it has been cool, dreary and foggy all day long....I think every bone in my body hurts and every joint too...I hate this kind of weather.

I took DH to the doctor this morning....put him out and went to run an errand while he was in the doctor's office. I elected not to go with him since I was told that there are lots of people who are sick with flu everywhere. He ended up getting a Z pack and some cough syrup. Did not understand just why the doctor did not give him some eye drops as well. I think he has the pink eye. Or maybe it is just because he is really sick. I have been lucky so far and have not caught what he has. Do not really understand this either, but I am sure thankful for this.

I picked up his prescription that the doctor had called in and had to drop off his prescription for cough syrup and then return across town to pick it up. Too much running around to suit me. I am so tired and have not done anything. I did go to the store and get some cards while I was out.

Tonight I went to eat and some man across at another table BLEW HIS NOSE....not once but TWICE*****OMG....what is WRONG with people who do such as this? Am I the only one who thinks this is a very RUDE thing to do. It has been a PET PEEVE of mine for a very long time. Honestly, the table is NOT a place to do this. People should excuse themselves and go to the restroom or outside.

I have to ask....does anyone else have any Pet Peeves that you care to share?

Have a good night's rest.....I hope the sun is shining here tomorrow....and I hope that my body will feel better too.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

foreversore responded:
I agree that blowing one's nose should not take place at the dinner table! That is disgusting! I have a number of pet peeves but my biggest one is when people scrape their teeth on their silverware. To me the sound is very loud and is worse than fingernails on a chalk board. I have gone so far as to take silverware away from family members and even guests and give them plastic utensils instead. This has bothered me to no end for as long as I can remember. A lot of my other pet peeves have to do with "noises" too as well as poor table manners.

booch007 responded:
Mimi , my per peeeves are too many......being around people so much they never cease to amaze me when it comes to behavior.....

On the other side of my coin as a nurse the topic of conversation at the table can get prettty messy......nothing bothers a nurse. So when we *girls are together and are shariong....it can be tough for a non medical. My DH dies all the time......we have to tone it down. . So this I know for myself as a peeve for my DH!

Nancy B

Anon_2912 responded:
I have to say mine is

peole with lack of common sense....Those that ask the obvious...

dollbug replied to Anon_2912's response:
Hello....just wanted to comment on your reply....

there are a lot of people who have NO COMMON SENSE...NONE.

I think the world is full of them. These people also come from all walks of life.

Perhaps they were not born with it or something. I have no idea. Perhaps they can not help the way they are. There are some things though that a person can understand though, especially when they are told over and over again.

There are NO STUPID QUESTIONS.....and I think we all know that there is NO WAY THAT STUPID CAN BE FIXED...but if and when questions are asked, they will at least get an answer to what they needed to know in the first place.

Some people never really know.....until they ask.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 replied to dollbug's response:
COMMON SENSE IS NOT SO COMMON..............

This is said so often Mimi..........

Our language is also interesting.......at Christmas Laurie asked Olivia (GD) what did her bath towel say? (It had her name on it...)

She look at her Mom and said " Mommy towels don't talk!"

See we should be as simple as children and as innocent as well. Shame that life changes you...all that you have experienced in your time makes you who you are.

OK Philosophy class is over . Nancy B

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
OMG.....Sweet Olivia said it perfectly.....who would have thought? Kids say the darnest things....I think that is why I love them so...and you never know what they might say next.

Noah wanted me to tell him a story the other night when I stayed with him a while....he said I needed to lie in bed with him....I laughed....I told him that if I laid down I would never get up....so instead I leaned and read to him. We gave him a Scooby Doo who is included in the storybook which came with it...at certain times....a phase is said and Scooby Doo *chimes in*....so cute....all of this animation that modern technology has provided...so interesting and sometimes funny...Noah reminded me that he needed for MiMi to get the other 2 books which come with this Scooby Doo....I meant to do this for Christmas, but I forgot....fiber fog maybe....I called about them and told them I would run out there and pick them up....that is where it ended.

OK...the common sense thing....I learned when I was little...I often think that some people are born with it and some people never *get it*...there are some people who were blessed with book sense, but NO common sense....and some people have NO book sense but a lot of common sense...and then some people have both.

It is a very strange world that we live in and the people are just as strange also.

I have learned that sometimes you win, sometimes you lose...and sometimes you just have to do what you need to do and be satisfied with it....whether you like it or not.

I do know this much....the older I get....the less I think I know....NO JOKE.

MiMi

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.