Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday *****1/13/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC....and it was supposed to be nice weather this week-end....they missed it big time....the temps are springlike but it has been foggy and misty so far...not exactly the kind of springtime that I like....my body feels the dampness as well. So...with that being said...this kind of sums up my week-end...DH is still sick taking his z pack though and hopefully he is improving....the cough is better. But he ended up taking Nyquil instead of the cough syrup since it did nothing for him...it had codiene in it.....as if this was not enough for him to deal with, he also broke a tooth last night at dinner. He was not a happy camper.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest...and I hope today will be a good day for us all.

Alec will soon have a birthday....he wants to go to Chucky Cheese again this year. He had his birthday there last year well...he did have lots of fun. So I guess that is where it will be this year as well. I am sure Noah will like it just as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process...which does take time. What works for one may or may not help another....only you can decide what is going to work for you.

Be sure and check out the here here...and know that you will gets lot of support and understanding here.

Vitamin D....ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is important to a lot of people these days.

Low Vitamin D can cause some to have additional pain...and I do not know one person who needs more of that.

Here is hoping the sun will shine in your corner of the world today....remember to hug your children and grandchildren and tell them just how much they mean to you.

That's all folks.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Morning all,

I too am living in LONDON right now! Dreary yesterday...so dreary I left the house and went shopping at Kohl's...man there is nothing better then the 30% off coupon and going to the 70-80% off racks they have right now....I even found a cute summer bag for 4.00 ( 30% off)...They pay you to shop!

I really got Olivia great things for school next year and PJ's and stretchy pants etc....It wiped me out and actually it is all still in the car. P A C E is the mantra....well I paced right to the couch after so much shopping but it was uplifting.

I have 45 plastic tubs to go in the attic....that is what it takes for the magic in the house. I did lift them to a straight line for the guys to get them back upstairs.....hoping for today as bobbing and weaving n the house is challenging.

I have a headache, which is my body telling me I am over the line....so I will be good today. Finish the laundry and iron will be it.

Tommorrow I get regular injections that were set up from a while ago....neck needs it. DH used the sombra lotion on me last night and quite a few hot spots remain or have returned so I need a marking before my visit . (anything to help the doc out)

The board seems quiet lately...I hope it is because all have found the right tools and are coasting along....we are many, and the season of quiet is upon us. It was in the past everyone ran to the roll call to be sure we were all OK....not so much anymore, things change.

But we also haven't lost anyone....meds are better , doctors are getting better and the light we are hoping for at the end of the tunnel is always a possibility.......there are always possibilities.

Try and be hopeful. That is a good New Years word......
Hopeful for the future...as I climbed the stairs last night after putting the cat down, I really had trouble and thought...."Oh I hate this disease" We only have "wait and see" in our arena and hope that the scientists are "working on it"...I know they are.

We are so many and we are money waiting to be gotten.....that is a true guiding force. This is how Cymbalta and Savella and Lyrica came to be in the past years....it was not for philanthropy it was for $$$....business not personal....

OK...up early to do not too much . It is OK. I just heard the birds singing so I know it is warm outside, just wet and dreary...I put seed out to see my buddies.

Oh O/T: I got to the door in the TV room after removing the Santa's there....what did I find. The banging during the hurricane was the door being whipped and it pulled both hinges OUT OF THE HOUSE...I don't even know how it will be fixed. I couldn't believe it. I always secure this door (not this year) and look what happened.....CRAP. Another thing to deal with. I knew the table leaning on the house couldn't or shouldn't make so much noise that morning but I really thought I secured the door. CRAP...

OK, hope today is a better day then yesterday...prepping up for Super Bowl...(big in this house). GO WHOEVER...it is the only game I watch! Take care, NancyB

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
Just stumbled out of bed---I've got one eye cracked open and I'm trying to get the other one to follow. I am in 90-year-old mode and the body isn't moving much yet. Husband is still buried under the covers snoring away.

It's gray and damp here too; and it's supposed to rain tomorrow. The warmup never happened like they promised---it's been staying in the low 40s. That's not too bad; I was just looking forward to the promised high 50s. But it is only January. Spring will come soon enough.

We finally got the crunchy tree out yesterday (actually Husband did). We'd undecorated it the weekend before, but never got around to moving it. That got done yesterday, and OMG the needles! I'll be picking them out of the carpet until Easter.

After Husband got the tree out, he stood it up against the deck for the birds to hide in, and he tied it so it wouldn't fall. Now he wants me to pick up some beef fat, melt it, pour it into muffin tins, add birdseed and make ornaments for the birds. He thinks it would be a "great project" for me, lol. He used to laugh at me for feeding the birds, and he would grumble about spending our money on them. Now he puts seed out all the time and lets me know when we need more. He sure has changed.

Not much else to say---I've gotten both eyes open and my body has unstiffened just a bit. Time to make coffee and see about breakfast. We leave in two hours for church.

dollbug replied to angelswife's response:
Hello angelswife.....*change can sometimes be good*....

I hope that today will be a good day for us all.

Take care.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dollbug replied to booch007's response:
Hello Nana B....I use to love to shop after Christmas too...but I just do not have the strength to do so now. I am lucky if I get to the store to pick up whatever I need to....I am sure that there are many good deals out there...that use to be when I did a lot of shopping also...when you could find good deals for children....especially clothes.

There are times when I also *hate the wrath of the dragon*.....but there is not much we can do about it.

I know that I have to pace with anything and everything that I do....and there are times when I just do not get anything done. Not a good thing at all.

I do hope today will be a good day for us all though.

Take care.

MiMi

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Sunday MiMI, Nancy and angleswife and to all that will follow. I hope that this finds each of you well and doing your day your way, not the dragon's.

Our weather people got it right, warm and rain and lots of it over the weekend . No fog tho. Today is the last day we'll have spring like temps. And we will have to bring in the plants tonight as the temps will fall into the cellar, 30's, and the next few days will be in the 40's, 50's then 30's in the day time. I'm sad ;( but I had a taste of the nice weather that's coming soon so can't complain that I have to say good bye to it .

DH and I were out yesterday, it rained here and there, but not enough to stop us from doing errands. I went to the tea store for some loose light green decafe tea, Home Depot for the paint for DH's TV room and Publix's for the last of the things I needed to make DH's fried green tomatoes. I have the best reciep for Fried Green Tomatoes ever ( New Orleans style ) and made them while DH painted the entry doors a new, nicer, white. And while we did that it rained and off. Same today, rained so hard that we have flood warning out until 11 a.m. and it will rain even more and harder this afternoon, so DH and I are stayping put. Atleast there will sun tomorrow.

MiMi, sorry your DH is still under the weather. I do hope he begins to feel well quickly and that you do not come down with it. So hard to stay well this winter with the flu hitting so early and with so many strains. DH and I were cleaning our hands with hand wipes going into stores and going out. I would hate to deal with the stomach flu while still dealing with IBS symptoms. I too hate winter!!

Angelswife, hope you get your gittey up going and that you have a nice day. The tree idea sounds good and such an nice things for the birds, but bet your little ground critters get the bird food from the birds. Let me know if that happens, which I hope it doesn't.

nancy, I love to shop after Christmas for Christmas things and have this year. I bought candles, tree items, wraps, bows and musical toys that were just about free. I wait until the second week of the month and find 75% off and with coupons it comes out to where I pay only the tax on the items.

Okay, don't have a lot to talk about so will close this here and see if DH wants a meal. He's on a diet and is eating less and sooo healty I'm so happy.

Sending gentle hugs out to each of you along with wishes for a good day and a fibro issue and pain free on too.
Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening once again. I am sitting here on the couch after a fairly quiet day with sciatic pain. It has been a while since that has happened. I'm not realy sure what caused it. Just in time for work tomorrow. Joy.

I was in a slump all day. I don't realy know where that came from either. I have managed to keep the flue away wich is running rampant here now. I am making headway on my schoolwork too. Tomorrow is a new day:)

I hope to get back here every day again soon. Take care everyone.

Cory

dakotaspirit1957 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
I am bk again for a min too... have to go take my antibiotic in a couple min... alarm goes off almost every hour in the morning from 5:30 am till 9 am and then from 11:30 am to 2 pm and then 5:30 to 10 pm... I am tired I want to quit and go to bed but I can't take the meds I have left together... So I have to wait till 10...

I hope you stay clear of the flu... and keep making headway on your schoolwork... We have had 2 varieties here... fever and cough... then diarrhea and vomiting... I am trying to stay clear of both... just working on getting over my colitis again don't need any help getting it again... No relapses of Bronchitis either... My cough is finally slowing down to a null...

I will talk later or tomorrow... take care all..

Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.