Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****1/14/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where it is damp and cool this morning...with expected showers all day long....not the kind of weather that I like...I did sleep ok last night...woke up a bit too early this morning though. This seems to be the normal for me now though. I remember when I had to get up early and go to work. I dreamed of the days when I could sleep late and not worry about getting up to get ready to leave by a certain time of the day so that I could make it on time to work. It is strange just how some things work, or NOT.

So many times things are not what they seem....no matter how I want them to be. I have learned so much in the past 10 years or so and a lot of it is not something that I even cared to know. I guess this is how it is though....just a part of life. I continue to think about my granddaughter and just how long it has been since I have seen or talked to her. I am sure she is growing up and I am missing this. It is so sad since she is my only granddaughter to enjoy. You know the saying though, what goes around comes around. Well...this is so very true.

Here is hoping each of you had a good week-end. It was ok here, nice weather and good company. Alec and Noah were here for lunch along with their parents. Most every Sunday they come by for lunch. This tradition was started many years ago when I first got married. My DH and I always had lunch with his parents. They were a very close knit family. I miss them. They were good people and I know that they would love my grandchildren.

Welcome to the new members....I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools* that will work. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for you. But hang in there and continue to search for what it takes. Things will indeed get better. Pain is not easy to live with but know that it will get better as you learn what to do for it.

Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level, which is so very important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. The best part of this is it is a CHEAP fix.

I now take a muti vitamin with extra D. I get my at Walmart...source one for 50+....I also take Omegas, Magnesium Malate and I know that as long as I stay on some sort of schedule I manage ok. If they do not what I expect them to do then I tweak them a bit and it works most of the time. I continue to try to find something that will help my fatigue, but have not found anything yet.

Here is hoping every one will have a good Monday. Send some sunshine my way, if you can.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to hug your children and grandchildren.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Hey Mimi and fmily.....good Monday (me day) to ya!

Glad to be getting shots to reset me today. Christmas is in the attic thanks to 3 guys inc my DS#1 putting it up. 45 tubs of stuff.......DONE. Superbowl down and ready to redecorate for this bash to come. This helps the dull months.....

I also have my license to renew, so there is a 4 hour computer class to do for infection control, another project to keep me busy.

Last night we didn't watch the globes (dh is not into that) what did we watch.??..Moonshiners*...what an education they gave us.
WOW...one batch was 145 proof....no wonder it is illegal.

I do well with accents so I understood the sounds but I thought it was funny they captioned the people so all could understand!

Who knew that George Washington was a moonshiner.....cripes. Things they leave out in the history books.

Well, it is dreary here to....these days i had off I got alot done and today is a rest day for sure.....but I am so glad for what I accomplished. January for organising is B I G for me. I have tons for Good Will and will share the wealth of nick nacks I acquire! LOL.

Work is busy this wek so all the energy will go to getting throug each day without a hitch.......my mind is ready for spring and making that garden from Pinterest....I love it. I will have to hire a guy to help me though. No shoveling dirt....I can do the blocks one at a time and take a week to get em up there on the lawn, but the dirt is another story........

Then I need the rabbit fencing for the arches for the pole beans...got I love pole beans! The flat Italian ones. Mmmmmm
I miss em, I get them frozen in the store but it is no way the same.

Hoping this year in the yard is the best season yet.

(See how I can't stay in the moment...always thinking of something else, a project a plan and a party...) at times i have had the party in my head so long before it happens that I get 2 parties out of it!! Funny right (or sick)

OK all, hope today is better than yesterday.......that pain is low, the sun shines in your window and something special comes your way and you are open to see it*.........Hugs, Nancy B

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday?

Warm here in southeastern MA today - it's 52? at 9:25 and will get warmer (55?). They're talking 40? for tomorrow. What the heck?

I see the doc for my breast issue later this morning. One is a whole cup size larger than the other, and all they see is fluid on the mammogram and MRI. It's more noticeable to be since I lost the weight, we'll see what he says, but I'm SO done with docs right now!

The weather was cold and grey, and I didn't get anything done this weekend. Christmas stuff is still spread out across the house. I finished my nephew's sweater and started his mittens (one more to go). Now onto MY sweater, started last Aug or Sept, I don't even remember.

Mimi, continued prayers. My brother hasn't seen his granddaughter in months, but my nephew passes out pics of her. She's a real cutie, and I'm happy for FB and the pics I can see.

Nancy, i actually did know that GW was a moonshiner! back is those days everyone made their own. I also know the cherry tree story is false.

I wish you all the best Monday you an possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday MiMi, NancyB,Lou and all those who follow.I hope everyone had a good weekend and one in which you had few fibro issues or pain to deal with.

Boy is it gonna be cold here the next few days and nights. Rain will turn to ice or snow and sunshine, long gone. I'm so sad, winter's here for real.

DH did painting the entry doors during the half ftime(s) and between the games. At least he got it done. Next home repair job is his TV room which he picked out his paint Saturday and will start the patching this week. I have the big job of clearing out his room and walls. UGH. But the room hasn't been painted in a few years and has my kitchen color to it, now it will have his green accent wall and lighter green for the 3 other walls. He;s happy and that's what counts, right?

MiMi, I know it's hard, so very hard, to be apart from you GD. But like Lou, I know that this year will bring you both together and you will make up for all those years apart.

Nancy, so glad your getting reset today. And as for the Super Bowl I guess I too should start getting ready for it. DH spent this weekend watching the play offs and was happy that his choice made it thru to the next round and I too was happy SF did the same thing. I am really a Rader's fan but alas they played ' poorly ' and didn't finsish well. Oh well, next year I'm sure.

Lou, I hope your doctor has an answer for you today about why the fluid issue. So SE Mass is where our warm, spring like temps went. I know you will enjoy them as much as we did last week.

And I too knew about early ' moon shiners ' As you said everyone that could back then, did. And we know that drinking beer and wine way back then, was the safest way to get liquids. Brew or distilled waters ' cooked' out the bad stuff so you cut your chances of getting sick from bad water down to zero most times... if the brew was done right of course. Example: bath tub gin.

I guess I should get off line here and get ready to check out subbing jobs over at the school district's main office. I am sure it will be a long process getting the back round check done. And it will cost me 75.00 and not sure what other costs.

Okay, sending wishes to all for a good day.
Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Good afternoon....

It is cold here...for us ! I know I shouldn't complain..it is better than Wisconsin...but my fingers are still cold !!!

DH and I have spent the nights for the past week at my parents..golly..it is warm there..they keep the thermometer up high...but I think I have my dad on the mend...It is amazing to me..that it takes someone really working at taking good care of them..not sure that will make a real difference..but dad's primary doctor basically said that he should call hospice, as his low blood pressure was not good.

I had the caregiver ask him to get his blood pressure meds from a different pharmacy so it would be a different manufacturer...the doc said it wouldn't matter..but he did it..and now he is feeling much better...and they keep saying the manufacturer doesn't matter..Well, it does..

and this morning I read on Webmd (thank you Webmd) that his med should not be taken within four hours of going to bed..he had been taking it toward bedtime as the first pharmacy had suggested..so..as of today, he is taking it earlier..and we think it will help...

meanwhile DH and I have gotten exhausted from trying to do our jobs and take care of dad with his problems and mom with her alzheimers..hopefully a good nights rest here will be helpful to us..
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. Things have slowed down some today. I have been hustling to get my last 18 books done for my millwright program. My bosses want me to start before my program is done. This will give my my long awaited raise so I am excited for it. I will likely be the mechanic on the line I ran for over 19 years in the plant. A good fit for me, as I know it well.

My sciatica had eased up by the am. I flaired up last night for soe reason. I was calm and relaxed and it just came on fast. I tossed and turned as the DW snored away. After an hr I ws out and actually slept very well.

I feal that the Gabapentin is helping shorted and weeken my daily pain. I feel like I can make it through the day now, where I had doubts before. I talked with my Dr. before upping my intake to 2 times every 24 hrs intead of one. He knows that I want to do the bare minimum as far as meds go. I just want to function. If I still feel some pain that is good because it reminds me to slow down.

My wife starts school in the fall and won't be working. I am greatfull that I will be in a better position to support the household myself again. I hope the body holds up for a couple more years.

I stronly believe in karma Mimi. We all get what we give eventually. It make take time but it usually holds true.

Nancy, that is a LOT of Xmas gear!

Lou, I wish it was that warm here. We had almost 40 one day then the teens the next for highs. It is a balmy 3 degrees right now.

Linda, I keep the house in one piece, but the DW actually likes to paint. I am so happy she does! I can't stand it. Maybee it's from all the repainting we did until we found what we liked.....

It's good to catch up with you all. Takce care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.