Skip to content
Tuesday *****1/15/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where is has been rainy and cool weather....not my kind of weather at all. I am ready for springtime and nice weather. Actually we have not had any really bad weather. I am sure that wintertime is not over with yet. We normally have really bad and very cold weather and it was predicted that we would have a really cold one this year. It seems like the weather is acutually backward though. The West Coast is getting what we normally get. The weather is not the only thing that is all messed up.

So much going on around the country. Not hardly anything to brag about either.

Welcome to the new members who have joined this unique FM support group. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to figure out just what the body needs. Hang in there and learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon and what might work for you.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Here is hoping everyone had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. Send some sunshine my way if you can.

That's it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
If you find my response out there somewhere you will get all the info I am probably not going to repeat here... lol... It disappeared on me as usual... There is something wrong on this end I think... lol... It is called me... The mouse ended up near the cancel button and I do believe I jerked on it... lol... I have only been working on it for an hour and forgot to save it so bad for me... lol...

I think the way you do Mimi... There isn't much to brag about in this world... I am hoping I find much to brag about soon... Like people that are Earthly Angels like you all are... I hope I find people who can understand my fears and disappointments I feel

dakotaspirit1957 replied to dakotaspirit1957's response:
oops jerked and hit send lol... lets continue...

I feel... cuz I am going deaf... I think I have gotten down to those feeling anyway... I am not angry anymore... I am not asking why... It has to be for some reason and I am sure I will be guided in the right direction...

I thank you all for being here for me... I am still wide awake so I am going to try to call around for a new primary care Dr... My insurance company wasn't happy about the way mine was handling things... Even when I called for a follow up appointment after going to the ER,,, She said she would see me in 3 weeks... I am over her NON-care... So I called my insurance company... They asked if I would sign a complaint... All they need is one more to get her off their list... So I don't think she is my Dr. anymore anyway... I signed it about 2 weeks ago...

I just have to find the list I made... lol...

And then I want to go back and read some more at the Hearing Loss Association website... And search for a group on webmd... I have neglected in doing that so far... If there isn't one perhaps I might try to form one... I don't know... I don't know but 3 people so far... One mentioned it here... and 2 in the association talked to me... But I haven't mentioned it to anyone...

Well... I am going to call my mom... and then get going on my day... so.....

Do something good for yourself today... Listen to your world and cherish it...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

Anon_10089 responded:
Yes, I live on the West Coast, in the Northern California valley. Last winter I don't think temperatures got below 50, but we've had freezing temps here for a couple weeks now.

I actually really like cooler weather. So I'm liking this winter but I'm in the minority!

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday MiMi, Jan, Anon_10089 and to all those who follow. I hope eveyone had a good Monday and that your today will be a good one. No fibro pain to speak of and a good night's sleep.

It's feeling like winter here for sure. Cold rain turned to ice on everything, then turned to snow, then back to freezing rain. Today is a repeat of the same. Looking to be the same for the next two days so they say Then this cold will pass and then it's sunshine and warmer days and nights.

Around middle TN we have a few snow storms or some light ice in January and February. This being one of those cold fronts with rain from the south. Only a few times have these two months been bad. I can deal with this as it just means to me that it is one week closer to spring time's warm sunny days.

MiMi, I'm not going to comment on the things happening around our country as I am so long winded that I'd run out of characters just getting going.

Jan I hope the new doctor you get is a caring one and that you are able to find out what can be done about your hearing issues and get that squared away. My thougths and prayers are with you.

Lou, hope your appointment went well yesterday I thought of you and said a prayer.

Anon_10089, I used to live in the San Fernando Valley/ the Vally and can remember a really cold winter day or night here and there, but from what I'm hearing it's been brutal. I hear that in some parts of LA it was in the 20's at night. For them that's been Artic. It would have been for me. I don't I even had warm enogh coats for that kinda of cold. Do here in TN tho.

Okay not a lot planned for my cold, icey day. Plan to stay in and watch tv with a heater near by. Might get busy with some light house work or cooking but that's not for sure

Okay, my best to everyone.. gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi Linda!
My appt started as expected, no change in the mammo, so he was going to dismiss me... but wait there's more! One of my nips was inverted, so I have to go back in May for one more visit. AAARGH!
Lou

Anon_10089 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Ya, the problem is that people just don't have the right equipment for this cold of weather! I don't even usually wear socks year round. I'm in the Sacramento area so a little different than SoCal but still not usually this cold.

Ever since some meds I've taken for FM, I run warmer. So the summers are brutal for me. I actually feel quite comfortable in this weather. I have to get really, really cold for it to affect my FM. On the other hand, the warmth saps what little energy I have. I hope to live in the Bay Area of CA someday, where it's usually cool. But it's so pricey!!

rudyandirmouse replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou, I am sorry you have a return trip in May, but good to know your doctor is keeping such a good eye on you. I say that cause they are not just saying see you in a year. Their on any changes and that's such a good thing.

I got a call from my GYN's office last September saying I had to go back to the hospital after I had gotten my yearly mamogram. Said it wasn't the same as last year's. So the next day they had me do 5 new films and a ultrasound and all for not cause as it turned out I was just fine, but good to know that they, the doctor r' something new'eading my films, was concerned and watchful enough, as is your's,to want to double check that " something " new .

We're lucky to have good doctors that care about us that might find something early and make a difference.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
Coming on late---I'm going through a bout of the stomach bug, so I'm feeling kinda yucky. But no fever today, thankfully. I started running one yesterday and I got really stiff and achy. I was afraid it might be the flu. But today it's just the million and one bathroom trips and I'm feeling really tired.

Husband's big check is coming tomorrow. I was planning to do "big shopping"; then I remembered I won't have the van. It's going back into the shop because the muffler is in tatters and I can't use the heater unless I open a window. Plus we're due for five inches of snow, starting tonight. I think shopping will be Thursday instead. I did get a couple of small items this afternoon so I can make black bean soup tomorrow. I won't be going out unless I have to shovel.

I'm preheating the oven for tonight's dinner, and I'll have to start prep work soon. I still need to find a good recipe for roasted potatoes too (just remembered), so I'd better go and do that. Hope everyone had a good day!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.