Skip to content
have to make another change
dakotaspirit1957 posted:
just found out yesterday that I have to change my counselor... She moved to another unit of theirs and is 15 miles away now... I can't get into see her until sometime mid Feb... and have to see someone before the 31st so I can return so I can see my psychiatrist... I am not happy for it takes a while for me to trust people... And now is not a good time to lose a good friend and someone I can talk freely to. I am feeling like I am not in a good spot here... At least now I know why she didn't return my phone call... The gal who I talked to said that many of her messages got "lost in the shuffle"... I really wasn't happy... but I guess it could happen... mmm.. I doubt any one there knows sign language anyway lol... guess they will have to learn to write fast they only give us 15 minutes to talk... unless you have an in with your counselor like I did and get half an hour... but she wan't suppose to do that consistently... Maybe that is why they are pushing another counselor on me...

I guess I can come here and rattle lol... It is nice to have some friends I can talk to... I am thinking that there should be some place for us here but I haven't searched for it yet.. Still sleeping... I don't know what is up... This antibiotic makes me sleepy especially after I start getting better but this is ridiculous... I have slept days and night pretty much for days... I don't sleep long periods of times though... but I am not up long periods of times either... I did manage to watch a superman movie with my grandbabies yesterday though... and I think they only woke me once... lol... But that was the first time in weeks I have really spent quality time with them... At least since Christmas Day... I forced myself to be out of bed from 7 am till 6 pm... and couldn't go any longer... I was very ill but I was there...

I guess I need to stay awake one of these fine days and find out more information about what is going to happen next... learning sign and reading lips... getting busy learning about this Hearing Loss Association of America... Finding an alarm clock I can hear.. Or at least one that will wake up the rest of the world lol... Oh I have that lol... It just doesn't wake me anymore lol... not even set on my ipod radio on top volume...lol..

Yes we are trying to laugh now but it does irritate me when I miss something in the conversation and I get back from my sons "Oh... Your hair looks nice"... lol... I know that isn't what they said lol...

My parents both wear hearing aids nd find it funny that I hear worse then me... I guess Arizona provides at least one thing for us and that is a special phone to hear on... I will learn more about it on the 24th when I meet the people of the Healing Loss Association...
I am so anxious... ..I wish they would just send me the information... I am not patiently waiting lol... My Daddy said I always wanted things not today not tomorrow but yesterday and or sooner then that... I was always impatient...

Everyone here has been sick again... 2 people had a cough and high fever... not a good thing just coming down off bronchitis... and 2 just had diarrhea and vomiting spells... Not good just finishing an antibiotic doe for colitis... I am grateful I slept and wasn't around them much but I was around them some... And they are in the same house... So I am praying this cough I have this morning doesn't turn into anything... And getting the other one will just trigger my dear colitis again... Has so in the past... So I am diligently praying on that one... I don't need another round of antibiotics for bronchitis... for antibiotics create colitis every time I take them... So I guess I am doing a lot of praying these days lol... I am defiantly keeping my dear Lord busy lol...

oh thi got long... take care... love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.