Skip to content
Has anyone had sucess taking cymbalta?
deansmimi posted:
If so, at what strength did you start? Then when did you increase, and
to what strength? Anything you can tell me will be appreciated. How did it help your pain?
I have to try something, as I feel like I'm living a nightmare every day when I get up. I'm really crippled with my hip,buttocks, spine, groin, knee, all on right leg. Plus two swollen ankles, feet, and swollen legs,
which I don't know the reason for. I spent two days in the ER, and after many tests, all came back negative. I also have two torn rotor cuffs, very painful arm muscles, and have lost all my strength and reach. It's so painful to walk, that I spend the day in my recliner, alternating with my heating pad from the shoulders and back, to sitting on it for my buttocks an hips. I wish for all who are in pain,,
for warm sunny painfree days. i also pray for a cure from this
horrible dragon. God Bless you all!

Marie

deansmimi

crystalscats responded:
I take Cymbalta and believe it helps me. I take a low dose 20mg in the morning. I also take a low dose 25mg once per day of Savella, usually lunch. I find the low dose combo works for me. I tried Lyrica and did not like it. It gave me double vision.

However remember we are all different and what may work for one may not for another. I have the same problems as you mentioned above! Right now my cat is sleeping on my heating pad I keep on the recliner! LOL Guess she likes the warmth too. She is my oldest cat so her bones need it too I guess.

deansmimi replied to crystalscats's response:
Thank you, Crystal,, I appreciate your help.

Marie

fibroinsd responded:
I had great success with Cymbalta. I started out at 30 mg. I think and then went to 60 mg. I did that for a little over a year. At that time, I started to be too sleepy and decided to try and get off of it. I went down slowly and had no trouble. While I was on it, I really worked on getting some good vitamins going...Everything isn't perfect now...but much much better...

Just start slowly and if you notice any problems, call your doctor..
cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 responded:
I couldn't take Cymbalta...too many side effects and they I had seratonin syndrome from it. I am on Savella 12.5-to 25 mg a day and it is the bow on the box! It is added to Soma the muscle relaxant and tramadol for pain.....many supplements as well.

Good luck.........Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.