Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****1/17/2013***** SNOW?
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....the S word is in the forecast....OMG...I can hardly believe this...but we are having very weird weather...supposedly it is going to change though and a couple of inches is expected...just enough to make a big mess and then the temps will be down...like I said weird weather....as it has been springlike weather off and on now since wintertime started...

I do hope everyone had a good night's sleep and I hope today will be a good day for all of us, with little to no pain. I keep Noah today...and he makes me smile...he is always happy for the most part. He is such a sweet little boy, just like his daddy for the world. I hope he will continue to be a good little boy.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort...there are no quick fixes that I am aware of...a person should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever they decide to try before making a decision as to whether or not it is working.

Vitamin D....I continue to mention just how important Vitamin D is...do your own research on this as there has been quite a bit discovered. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for a lot of people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Send some sunshine my way if you have any to share.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

crystalscats responded:
We are expecting snow too. It rained off on for 2 days. And at times really hard. So my body has felt it. But late yesterday was horrible so thought I would wake up in total pain today. But am actually not too bad so far. I had a headache that just rendered me useless on top of the joint and muscle pain yesterday. It must have been the weather coming in, now here adjusted? I don't care what is good so much less pain today!

Hope others find some relief as well. I did also notice I ran out of my vitamin D and supplements. I am now back on them so this could have made a difference too in helping take some of the pain away. I have felt bad since the week before Christmas. So this is very welcome relief.

Doc wants to drain my knee and do shots in it again. I feel last Sunday in the house and it is all blown up. I'm staying off it hoping it will go down some on it's own.

Crystal

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all.. My computer is acting up a bit so it will probably take forever to write this... I am shaking and quivering and jerky too so I be acting up too lol... So add another hour lol...

I so wish it would snow here... Would take a miracle lol... We have had freezing weather for a week now and no snow... Not right to be so cold and not get snow... lol... lol...

I of course loved snow all my life... I grew up in South Dakota and spent many days shoveling snow and building snowmen and making snow angels...

I belong there... But can't live there for so many reasons... I will always be Dakota and have the ole Dakota spirit... It is my strength... It is my vitality...

My grandbabies are having a hard time with my not hearing well... I have the TV up too loud for them... When they want to watch a movie they want the volume down where I can't hear it... I can't closed caption to work on it... So I watch cartoons on you might as well say mute lol... Not very exciting to watch the cartoon over and over... now not to hear them is really a bore lol...

When they come in to talk to me I have to mute the speaker or pause the movie... I can barely hear their tiny voices and I think I need a fog horn... lol... you know one of those old fashioned hearing devices my grandfather used lol... Use to have one but it ended up somewhere else in the family... lol... Unknown whereabouts now... lol...

I am getting more use to reality if I am looking to figure out closed caption... I hate closed captions... I think you miss part of the movie cuz you are too busy reading lol... But I guess I mi a lot of the movie not hearing it... Just like the football game on Sunday... I couldn't hear the refs and broadcasters and relied on the people making comment at home... Didn't work out well... They weren't yelling for my teams lol... So I eventually went to my room where I have 2 speakers 2 feet away from my head almost full blast... I can hear there... But it is unsociable to watch football alone...

I am not as tired today... But have the makings of a whopping migraine... And my pain level is pretty much up there... Not fair to have a wakeful day finally and suffer... Could use a break... Oh well... There is always hope of tomorrow... I think... lol... Maybe... lol... lol... Possibly... lol... lol... lol..

Mimi... I will send you some sunshine... Packaged in a little warmth... Hope you get it soon... The UPS postage was outrageous... lol...

I guess I have to keep some for fellow Arizonian's for the ones that migrated here for winter warmth are sorely regretting it this year... lol... I ran into one who was getting 70 degrees back home when we were getting 35... mmm... but I told him it will get better... It is going up now... high 69 today and up to 72 by Monday... not my fault it takes all day to hit its high lol...

Your hour is up... business to take care of...

Take care... Love... Jan/Dakota

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi, Crysta, Jan and all to follow. I hope this finds each of you and everyone feel well today and I hope you have a really good day.

It was cold enough to snow some here but it's melted away now with 38 degree temps with sunshine on and off. Am not sad to see even the lite snow go but am sorry it is heading east and will effect MiMi later today and tonight.

@ angelswife, this is off topic, but I am just saddened to have to say my grand niece is an IDIOT as well as her collage friends. She posted on fb today that the shooting at SandyHock Elementary school, near you, was a hoax, she bases this on the news people didn't talk to any of the parents or parents of the teachers, all this was just to get gun laws. She said from the president on down to the ' fake' parents were in on it. She believes that everyone involved were paid to pretend there was a shooting and the president was not really holding back tears and it is all a hoax. Really? Ya think?

I used to live in LA, where Rodney King asked if " well just couldn't get along? " We know so well people don't just get along and I know tough gun laws will not stop crime or killings, but let's start somewhere. I would love to live in a world where guns can't go into schools and take youngesters lives. And I know, this time, It wouldn't have stopped the shooting @ SandyHook as the killer's mother, with a clean back ground got a clean back ground check, got guns. But she took her son to the firing range knowing he did have mental issues and taught him how to use those guns she bough. The fault lies with her. Gun laws wouldn't have helped.

But lets start somewhere and if that some where is a national back ground checks that take a few extra days, then fine. And so what if you can't by ridiculos amounts of ammo for rapid firing guns for " game " hunting, what's the harm. If we can slow down the clips and bullets going out to rapid and repeating guns, there's a good start. We have riffel, we never use it, be we have it and we can get a box of ammo for it. You have to load the bullets, six I think to use it. Well that's okay I can protect my home and property with it. It won't rapid fire but it will fire. I just can't believe she is following thisline of thinking that's ' It's a hoax ' .

Okay, have a few more errands to run today the sun is out and it's still cold but no ice or snow like when I left earlier.

Have a great day everyone..
Gentle hugs, Linda

mnjeepguy responded:
Hello everyone,
I had a rather uneventful day. Work went well. I did try to get tomorrow off and was shot down. I was hoping to get to stay home and study. They did give me Monday off though. I need a long weekend once in a while just to heal up and relax. Good for my body and spirit.

I think me and my new med, Gabapentin have to part. My digestive system can't take it. I stepped my dose up to twice a day and it caused serious blockage. Once a day was tollerable, but forget 2. I don't like dealing with that every day for mild relief from pain. I eat well and get plent of fiber.

There is always an exchange with any med. You get one symptom relieved only to get a new one in exchange. I am frustrated with medications.

We are expecting snow tonight as well. We can still see the grass that is nomally covered under a couple feet by now.
It made it up in the teens today, but the bottom will drop out after tomorrow. 31 for tomorrow's high, -16 tomorrow night. Nothing like a 47 degree drop in 12 hours.

Have a good night everyone. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Well...I guess our cold weather did move east to you all..It was warmer here today and I was so ready for it..

Did I tell you my dad is doing much much better. Amazing how a different brand of the "same medicine" made a difference...

I am tired...not much else to report..hope you are all well..

Linda..it is hard to believe what some people say these days...crazy...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
cece, I didn't know there was a ' hater ' in our family and I am so beyond shocked that a family member of mine could spuew such groundless and hateful ideas for all the world to see.

She's 22 and in collage and must have been having a slow gossip day so she started the one I replied to. I gentley showed her how her idea couldn't have any truth to it and was surprised to see she took it down from face book. I also have her on twitter and she didn't go there to post anything, so thank goodness for that.

So much hate, such dumd ideas our young are coming up with. Can only guess what her mom and dad think, golly gee, what is this world coming to.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
FRIDAY!

Bitterly cold but sunny here, not sure I want to go out, but I have a lunch date. DH is working from home and the dog is quiet. She likes the cold, but she's old (12) and might be feeling the effects of age. I swear I hear her bones creak when she gets up. I have a friend who lives in Florida, he 'brags' that their temps are in the 80s, so I keep posting snow pics!

I did something stupid yesterday - I bought a couple of new knives, and I opened the package yesterday - and sliced open my left ring finger. Didn't even feel it - just saw the blood. It's small, doesn't need stitches, but geez it hurts!

Linda, so many people don't think before they form an opinion, but some can be heavily swayed by the people who are around them. Some people think the moon landing was staged. Before you can buy a gun, you should have to prove you have a license.

I wish you all a warm weekend -the best weekend you can possibly have!
Lou

dollbug replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hello Linda....MiMi in NC....I just wanted to make a comment about your post...actually there are others who have said the same thing about what took place. There was a professor (I think he was in FL) who also had the same thought.

Now....I will also say this....there are all sorts of people in this world who do all sorts of weird things....perhaps things have been happening that were almost unreal for people to believe but now we have the internet who allows news to travel really fast. There are lots of things which happen which are *UNBELIEVEABLE*....I happen to be one of the people who has *experienced such*.

Never in a million years would I have thought that I would have witnessed some of the *things* that I have....so much that just does not happen every day to normal people. Things I have not shared with anyone.

I am sure that I could share some things with everyone here that no one would even believe....because there are days when I am not sure that I even believe it happened either. But regardless if anyone *believes it or not*....it happened.

I will also say this....with the modern technology that is available these days....anything is possible.

I will give you just one example. Years ago when my dear aunt died....her younger sister and her husband...(who was a nurse and a preacher and in their 70's at the time) along with some moving van employees broke into my dear aunt's house and removed property items and loaded up the moving van and they did this while a sheriff's deputy *stood guard* on the outside. They got a truck load and asked the deputy sheriff if he would wait until they returned to get the rest of the items. He refused. This took place and when tried to talk to the sheriff about this, he would not speak to anyone concerning what took place. It was all swept right under the rug, so to speak.

Yes....this sounds unreal...but it happened...and when the estate was settled...the attorney, who was a DA'S wife asked them about breaking into the property and doing what they did....they admitted to her doing it...but yet nothing was done about this.

So much evil going on everywhere....and I happen to know that sometimes, the strangest things happen and are almost *unbelieveable*. Just because someone says it happened/or did not happen does not mean that it did or didn't. I am sure that there are things that happen every day that the majority of the people would be shocked beyond belief.

Take care.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

katmandulou replied to katmandulou's response:
Oh cripes - I posted my Friday note on Thursday's!
Lou

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.