Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hi
JojoF posted:
Hello.. my name is Jofrances, and I am 15 years old.. I was diagnosised at 13. and even for my young age i have more complications that cause even more pain. I know that things will get better but all i can see is right now. the pain that is always there.. all over and in my joints.. please will someone help me and give me tips for holding on?

dollbug responded:
Hello JojoF and welcome....MiMi in NC....you are really so very young to be dealing with such a mean and ugly illness...but I am sure that you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take time though to figure out just what our bodies need....be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources*....where you will find some good *tools* that others have found to help them cope better.

I would suggest that you ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level....which is important to a lot of people these days....it is a simple blood test but you must ASK the doctor to do the test...as it is not included in the normal bloodwork that they do...low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for a lot of people these days and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

What do you do now to help cope with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM?

Have you tried any vitamins and supplements?

Do you use a heating pad? Heat feels so good to me when I am hurting.

Drinking plenty of water each day and watching what I eat is also important...and learning how to pace, pace and pace even more might also help you.

Doing gentle stretching and exercising is also good...*GENTLE* being the key word here.

I am sure that you will find something here that will help you cope better....and remember that this does take time and effort to figure it out. You should allow at least 6-8 weeks of whatever you decide to do.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

booch007 responded:
Mimi said just the right stuff here.....I just want to say welcome to you and so sorry for the challenges you have ahead of you.
You are so young to fight this......

Please get as knowledgable as you can and also maybe a second opinion to be sure this is the right diagnosis. I would hate the wrong label on you.

All the labs were negative, no findings on anything except the exam? So sorry.

Saty and post and we can help a bit............Nancy B

JojoF replied to dollbug's response:
Thank you and im on cymbalta already and yes heating does help. I'm trying to get into yoga but i cant push myself to do. and ill ask my dr. for the lab test thank you so much

JojoF replied to booch007's response:
thank you and i am i do a lot of research. its jus hard not being able to talk to people who accually go through the pain as well. When i went to the speacaltist my family and i believed i had rheumatoid arthritis but the doc said it was fibromyalgia and loose ligaments in my joints so it increases the pain. I really apprecaite being able to be able to talk to you guys because i know you can understand me better than people who dont have it.. thank you agian.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.