Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday- 1/20/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and it is cold this morning but is going to get into the 50*s today.....but a very COLD Freeze is headed our way....so I guess this is the calm before the storm, so to speak....but with no dampness...

I now have what I guess is a really bad cold....or perhaps it is what DH had I have no idea. I fought it off for a long time but now I have been blessed/cursed with something. Not a good thing at all for the mind and the body. I also know that a lot of you are having difficulties as well....just remember that whatever it is...IT TOO WILL PASS...it is so hard sometimes to think past what we are faced with right now...especially when whatever it is, is so very difficult to get through.

We, FMers, must keep on keeping on....knowing that things will indeed get better soon. At least we know that spring time is getting closer to us with every each and passing day....soon we will have warm sunshine, birds and flowers.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process to find the *right combination of tools* that will work for you...so hang in there and continue to learn about FM and what has helped others...you will never know what might do the trick for you until you have tried it.

Vitamin D...be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...which is important to a lot of people these days.

I did sleep ok last night...although I woke up coughing hard this morning...I hope today will be a good day for us all.

That's all folks.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi, it sounds like the flu. I hope it passes very soon. It has been very bad this year here but is finally past the peak they say.

I woke to -11 this morning and a beautiful sunrise. I could only see part of it's purple pink, and blue hues shining over the snow. It has warmed up to 2 above now.

I am glad I did all my neighborhood snow removal yesterday. It was a lot warmer. Once it gets below zero and windy like it was last night, the snow gets very hard and is difficult to move. It ruined me for today. sciatic pain is back for a visit, middle back has a softball in it, ans my wrist is making it hard to type. At least now I can relax and focus on keeping warm

My pain is back up after stopping all meds but my digestive system is back to normal. It is always one sacrifice for another it seems. I will concentrate on eating well and trying to exercising again. I do ok but there is room for improvement.

My wife has a hard time accepting that I have pain still. She cannot see it. The RH said I have no signs of inflamamtory arthritis so if I ever bring up arthritis pain I get yelled at that I don't have it. I have had joint pain as long as I can remember. My first back trouble was 18 years ago. I had mild to moderate degeneration on an x-ray 10 years ago. It doesn't feel very good these days.

Withough a Dr's diagnosis she thinks I am just a whiner. This was a hot topic yesterday. It is frustrating. I try to share how I feel. If I share I am complaining. I wish she understood me better. This is why I am trying to find out what is going on with my body. I have to have a piece of paper to show her I hurt. I wish that wasn't the case.

I appologise for the rant. I have been very stressed and frustrated lately. I am so greatfull that I can share here withought judgement. Thank you all for the support I recieve here. I need that.

I am going to attempt to walk on the treadmill. We have a very nice one that I need to blow the dust off of. I hope you all have a great day. Take care everyone.

Cory

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Oh Cory, Sorry to see that you are in a down turn again. Back pain IS crippling (I just had a bout of it myself). Sciatica in both legs and pelvic pain. TOO MUCH for anyone.

I know they don't get it, no one does who has not felt that pain. It would be sad to wish it on someone...maybe the creation of a booth that would simulate it on someone for a moment to get the sense of what someone feels.

A futuristic booth to enter and then "get it" about someone else.

It could be useful...maybe you enter first and it picks up all you are and then the next person enters and they feel it.....I bet people would be afraid to go in!

It is 23* here today (Monday MLK Day) and chilly it is, I don't think the burner turned off at all. So looking for spring.

Yesterday I had alot of board troubles, I signed in 3 times and then couldn't get pages up in a reasonable amount of time again........I rebooted MY computer but the issue stayed???

Wondering if the board is so slow because of issues...we have been so good......

I barely got the one post done. Much better so far.

Ok, Mimi I hope you feel better soon.......warm tea and soft tissues for you <3. I also hope it is just a bad viral cold.....not the flu.

Hugs, NAncyB

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.