Skip to content
Monday, Monday****1/21/2013****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...where the weather is going to be with sunshine today....and in the 50*s....but bitter cold weather is on the way....it is wintertime though and although we have not had really cold weather this time as they had predicted...I think we are getting ready to have some really cold, very cold weather. I guess we need some really cold weather though to kill off all of the bugs which the warm weather has allowed...they were saying that the spring would be covered...so this is the good thing, I guess.

I had a rather quiet week-end...a nice family Sunday lunch with everyone but my sweet little granddaughter present and accounted for. Harley was here for the week-end as well. She stays with us when my older son comes up since he stays with his sister and her family. I was observing my older son and my grandsons playing and having fun with him. They adore him and have so much fun with him...sometimes they actually get too loud though.

I hope everyone had a good peaceful and restful week-end. I hope this week will also be a good week for us all. At least as the days go by we know we are getting closer to springtime.

I still have a bad cough but I am feeling better. So I hope it has run its course. I did wake up much too early this morning since it was around 4 but I was able to drift back off to sleep which was a good thing for me.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools* which will help ease your pain, so hang in there and I am sure you will figure this out.

Vitamin D....again I urge each and every person who reads this to speak to your doctor about getting your D level checked....THIS IS IMPORTANT...it might make a difference in how you feel. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Remember to hug your children and grandchildren.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I've been sick...a few days ago I developed an abcess where that tooth had been taken out. I'm guessing there's a bone fragment or tooth bit that was left behind. The nerves are acting like I need a root canal---I'm extremely sensitive to hot and cold there and I can't put any pressure on the area because it hurts too much. My face is all swelled up on that side and I feel like seventeen kinds of roadkill. All I did yesterday was sleep.

I did call the dentist and he put me on an antibiotic, which I'm having trouble taking. The full does makes me throw up almost immediately; and if I split the pill it's so bitter I have a hard time swallowing it. I've gotten a little down but not much. I'm hoping I can get a different one today that's easier to take.

So it's off to the dentist this afternoon for x-rays and probably a second surgery. Not how I wanted to start the week. I would do anything to be out of pain at this point, though---the pain has been so bad that even Vicodin doesn't knock it out. I wouldn't mind feeling less like roadkill either, lol...I've been running a fever for two days now.

Not much else to say...Husband is glued to the TV as usual, and I'm going to go take a nap. My appointment's at 1:30 and I need to at least be sociable.

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday MiMi, angelswife and all that follow. I hope each of you have a good today and a day where fibro pain and issues are few to none.

Like MiMi we have sunshine here today and it will be warm in the day time, but sooo cold tonight and tomorrow night. DH brought home more fire wood and fire logs Saturday, enough to last for the rest of this winter. He spent his morning splitting the wood and cutting the fire logs in half and .I carried it all upstairs to the storage closet. What we try to do each winter is get enough to go thru one winter and have enough to get well into the next one before thinking of resocking the closet with fire wood. And OMG do we have enough now! He brought home a quarter core of fire wood and 5 boxes of large fire logs, which he cuts in half. So with what we have now and have new we have plenty.

We spent our Sunday indoors watching the play offs. Finally won one when the 49ers won. So for the first time in years I have a team I like playing in the Super Bowl.

My day will be low keyed with errands to be run, but later on DH and I will travel up to Cool Springs to see Gangster Squad and then have dinner out. It's our 46 wedding anniversay and also this month it marks our 48th year as a couple. Yea US!

Angelwife: Oh NO not again. Just when you are up and running with not much pain or illnesses something new somes up. NOT FAIR! I hope your dentist can get you feeling okay and gets that bone chip out so the gum can heal correctly. Sending a <<< AIR HUG >>>>

MiMi, So glad you are feeling better from the cold but sorry you woke up eary. And I hate winter cause it always makes me sick. I can take whatever winter has now cause spring is only weeks away not month's. Yea spring.

I guess I should get up and get my day going. Sending well wishes out to everyone.

Gentle Hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
MLK Monday - how will you honor him?
Another winter Monday in southeastern MA - cold and cold, it's up to 25? now. I put on another sweater!

I was up early for my annual gyn visit. Her nurse also lost a lot of weight this year, and we were comparing notes. I'm a DES daughter, so she had to do two biopsys (hey girls, that's what it is, basically). She also felt a fullness and I'm having an ultrasound next week. She said it could be from the surgery, but she wanted to make sure it's not in her realm. I did get the pleasant surprise that there was no co-pay! My insurance pays the whole bill.

I'm still not sleeping well. With no in-come (only out-flow), I'm struggling with what to do next. DH is trying to be supportive. I think I had mentioned that I saw it as my job to save us as much $$ as possible. Lots of coupon clipping here! I love the "buy 1 get 1 free" dinners; he calls me the best cheap date ever!

Mimi, I know in my heart that you'll soon have your little granddaughter under foot and wonder how you managed before!

Angelswife - oh no! You've really had a trying year, and I pray that the abcess can be solved soon.

Linda, I'm so glad the football thing is over! I'm less than 5 miles from Gillette Stadium, and this area has been obsesses with talk about the Patriots. I have to rate football on the low end of sports I care about, around the same place as soccer, and I'm tired of being chastised for "not wearing your Pat's shirt", and telling people I couldn't care less. I get to enjoy the ads this year.

I wish you all the nest Monday you can possibly have,
Lou

crystalscats responded:
Good morning all, it is just after 12 noon and just hitting 30 now. Supposed to be cold week! High tomorrow is 19. We too are stocked up with wood. I love my wood stove, so do my cats! My older cat however has taken over my new heating pad. I think she thinks it is her cat bed.

Oh, good luck with that tooth. I am very lucky at 51 my teeth are the only things I think still good! I have yet to even have a cavity. We joke and say Navy experiment my brother got the placebo and I got the real treatment when we were young. He has false teeth now.

Happy Anniversary ! In today's standards that is a long time. Congratulations!

Cold is getting into my bones but nothing not used to by now. I am fine with my regular pain, it's just the flares that really get to me. It seems when I flare it brings it all on from other probs too! My fingers and toes were really swollen and red last night, but have gone considerably today. Thank goodness!

Warm and gentle hugs to all !!

Crystal

crystalscats responded:
I actually ended up having a good day today. I did several loads of laundry. Even folded and put them all away. I took the swifer around the house and dusted too. It feels so good when I only took one Tramadol to get me thru the day. Now let's see how I feel tomorrow! lol

angelswife replied to angelswife's response:
Turns out I need ANOTHER root canal in a tooth that's already had one. The first time it was done (20 plus years ago) the dentist left part of the nerve in and didn't tell me. Now it has finally given up the ghost and is infected. Talk about painful! I was wondering why a "dead" tooth was screaming so loud from cold and heat, and now I know. I am relieved I didn't need the other socket re-cleaned, but annoyed in the extreme about needing to get a second root canal. I will be making that appointment tomorrow.

The oral surgeon said stay on the antibiotic, even though it makes me barf and wheeze. I think I'll be stocking up on Benadryl.

dollbug replied to angelswife's response:
OMG Angelswife.......doesn't that make you upset about already having a root canal though and now you need another one....I am so sorry about this. I can not even imagine having to do that again so soon. You know...when I had problems with my teeth...it is always more than just one also. And I hate going to the dentist....had rather do anything but that. My nerves are not good when I have to sit for a long time...and my body now gets really stiff...I just had some work done on mine also. It seems like it is always something.

I hope things get better for you really soon.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It's ggod to see so many posts here. I have been a couch potoato today. We watched some shows, I did some schoolwork. After 1 it warmed up to 11 below zero.

My Jeep grumbled and groaned but started. I had to run to the store and get gas. The usual station's pumps were not up to the cold and did not work. The attendand suggested the patrons take turns using the pumps and not use more than one at a time. Silly, I went to the next one and they worked fine. I hasd to stop once in a while because the display was so cold it would not keep up.

The whole day was just trying to stay warm. Our little 114 year old house is cozy down to about zero, below that it gets drafty here and there. It was wool socks and long underwear day today. I still needed slippers and a hoodie.

I feel a little better today. I think my back is stuck until I see a chiro or my massage therapist. I haven't seen either in months.
I may just have to make an appointment tomorrow.

Tonight they are talking 20 below zero. Wind chills in the -3-to-40 range. They even cancelled school. It was 2 hrs late today.

I'm glad you are feeling better Mimi. Angelswife, I'm sorry you are suffering. That sounds awfull.

To everyone, I wish you a good night. Take care people.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....do not know if you will see this or not....but I sure hope you get some warmer weather...11 below 0....OMG....I can not even imagine...I was fussing today and it was in the 50*s but the wind was blowing hard and it was cold.

There is no doubt, I could not stand your kind of weather for long....I would be finding another place to move....so do you have a wood stove? Or what kind of heat do you use?

I hope your back will get better soon. I know exactly how you feel....back pain is no fun...the only thing which helps me is my heating pad....I use it often.

Take care and I hope all of your family will stay warm tonight.

MiMi

mnjeepguy replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks Mimi, it is anly this cold here a few days a year and it hasn't happened for quite a few years. Thank god. I hate the cold. I woke to -23 this morning. The Jeep started but boy was it unhappy:) I'm glad I work inside.

My house is sealed well insulated with newer windows and a forced air gas furnace. Before I replaced it 10 years ago, and the windows, it wouldn't shut off at -10. Now at least it gets a break.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
376 of 403 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.