Skip to content
Tuesday, 1/22/2013 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....it is too early for me this morning....MiMi in NC...and it is one of those mornings....woke up a bit ago and then furbabies also woke up...so I ended up getting up....it will be a very longggggg day for me now...not good for the mind or the body.

Here is hoping everyone else is resting and enjoying a good night's/early morning sleep. It should be a law against people getting up this time of the morning...My DH is still in bed asleep...and he really gets up too early.

It is going to be super COLD today and for the next couple of days...but it is wintertime...and perhaps this will be the only very cold weather we will see....I doubt it though since we have not had much of a winter so far.

I am ready for springtime now. Ready to have warm weather...and flowers...at least we know it is just around the bend now...not too far off.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group recently...I am sure each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process...so hang in there and learn all you can about this mean and ugly illness and soon you, too, will be *dancing with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon....as Nana B. says...(I love her phrase)....it does take time and effort though to figure out just how to maneuver this step.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is important....and this also take time. Soon though you will figure out just how this works.

Vitamin D...be sure and get your Vitamin D level checked....talk to your doctor about this. SO VERY IMPORTANT....for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Be sure and check out the information here under *tips* and *resources*....I am sure you will find some good *tools and tips* that perhaps you have not thought of....and some of them just might be what you have been looking for that will help you cope better.

OK...it is too early for anyone to be up.....

Have a good day. Stay warm, if you possibly can....snug as a bug in a rug....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
I'm up early too...I was so tired last night that I was in bed before 8:00. I slept reasonably well; then I woke up at 5:30 and never got back to sleep. Once 6:15 hit I decided I may as well get up. There was no sense staying in bed any longer.

It's supposed to be super cold this week---the next three days the temps will stay in the teens, with wind chills below zero, especially at night. Then Friday it will warm up to almost 20 and we will have a snowstorm. Brrrr! I'm planning to stay in and make lots of yummy soups. I caught the sales just right last week and was able to stock up on dry goods.

I will have to go out this morning any pay our gas bill. It's not too high but I want to keep on top of it. We are down to 30% in the tank; and the heater is running a lot more with this cold. Our stove runs on propane too, and I'll be doing a lot of cooking. We won't be shopping for a while now and I want to get some things into the freezer.

I also have to make the appointment with the dentist to get this darn tooth taken care of for a second time. I find it annoying that 20 years later I'm still having to clean up the mess that other dentist left behind. Hopefully this is the last of it. I wasn't planning to have a root canal so soon after I had the other tooth pulled, especially since this tooth already had one. But I don't want to be sick all winter either. It is always something.

It is getting harder and harder for Husband to work at his job (which he already hates). The pencil pushers upstairs have really started cracking down on run times and mileage. They put GPS units in all the vehicles last spring so they could track everybody; and now they're telling the drivers that they will only be paid when the vehicles are moving. They will no longer be paid for inspecting their vehicles or when they are waiting to pick up students. The drivers can't lie about it because the GPS tracks everything. Husband is leaving earlier and driving slower to rebel.

What makes me crazy is, the company is grilling Husband every time he starts late, finishes late, or takes a detour from his "prescribed" route. The pencil-pushers have never actually driven, so they can't conceive of things like accidents, construction detours or weather delays. All they know how to do is watch the moving dots on the computer to make sure everyone's behaving.

I hate seeing Husband working under those conditions. The longer the job goes on, the more he hates it. I've told him many times to quit so he can do something he likes; but he's convinced himself he has to stay so I can have insurance. I told him I would willingly live in a tent without insurance if it meant getting back the man I married. He gets so tired and cranky when he's working that he's hard to be around.

I suspect, though, that it will be resolved one way or another. If Husband doesn't decide to leave of his own accord, things will happen that will force him to leave and his mind will be made up for him. I dread that day, and at the same time I can't wait until it happens. He's so much happier when he's out of work and I would love for him to be free of this job.

Whew---excuse the rant. I wasn't planning to go on like that. But it's been bugging me for a while and I feel better for having dumped it, so thanks for listening. Now I need to go and make some soup. Hope everyone has a good day!

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily, Mimi and Sharon.

Man I got up good. Lack of work and pacing can pay off at times. I just rose and walked to bathroom....no effort, no draggin the legs and cringing with the headache or neck...

Lovin it!

It is 18* out right now...God only knows the wind chill as Sharon said. I need to get seed out for the birds they are around but no food out .

I gave DH a DVD player for Christmas as ours fried with that electrical thing this summer (I didn't notice) anyway, it was the simplest attachment of a product I have ever done...2 cords and IF it had picked up the wireless (all automatically) I would have had Email, FB and Video from internet...my pictures streamlining....everything.

Also it's weight is like a book...remember when things were a million wires and heavy as anything to hold into those tight spots! Good day yesterday.

This is my last day off and I am going to try and begin the scanning project I thougtht I would do.

Do you think it is good to scan all into the computer and have it organised or just leave it to paper in the attic? I was thinnking of a computer crash and then a hacker...all would be there all my history.....you would need a IT person to lock you and keep you safe? I do have a backup modem too.

So should I not do everything....or just bills? Hmmm

This was going to be the quiet winter project....I just sit , scan and organise our lives.. Until I started thinking about it like a theif.

Well, Mimi I hope you stay warm...at least one more day! Sharon...we are in the chill together. I also have to get oil so soon...I am not tolerating a low thermostat anymore. Today is a day for those calls.

Back to work tomorrow.....and I am ready, a good rest here!

Hoping the day is well for al of us. Send your Dragon to Cuba...get him out of here for a day...(work on hi s tan!)

Hugs, Nancy B

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi all... Rant away Angelswife... I am probably about to... Just never know about me lol.. I too am up early this morning after waking up every hour and hour and a half all night... I am tired and can't risk sitting in my room... Have to wake my son in 20 minutes for work... Now on Tuesdays he has to go in early... More school lunches to make... Nice that they got another contract but not so nice that he has to work the extra hours... He said he figured out what he got hourly as pay last month and he averaged about $3.78... He does put in the hours... I wish he had a team to work with that he could trust when he wasn't there... Guess that is a miracle team this day...

Wow... well... I took care of my sick granddaughter and was sick the next morning... My antibody's suck lol... I am feeling less feverish this morning... But I am so tired and weak... It is a chore being up... My first cup of coffee is a cold cup with no room for a warmer so I have to warm it in a microwave... I would rather guzzle some cold and warm it with coffee... lol... But find cold coffee disgusting lol...

It is 43 degrees here and I am being told I am in bed for some brilliant 70 plus degrees weathers... I am sure they will be there later... I just have no interest in being up right now... I will probably be the one up with the kids to get them off to school this morning... As I made the other grandparents mad at me and they are punishing me.. Well... I didn't make them mad I think the kids did,... when they preferred me to them while being ill... and my grandson... not being ill... but did have a few falls to keep my attention lol...Luckily nothing major with only one real scrape... I got upped on that one and they insisted they had to help him... I was feverish and didn't help fight his cause... He was disappointed.. But yesterday I could hardly move and rarely walked far enough to go to the bathroom.. So I was pretty useless... and he caught me at a bad pain moment... Luckily my grandson recognizes me having bad pain and deals with it so he allowed Papa to take care of him.. It was a little scrape.. Wasn't bleeding.. I didn't feel too guilty... Just a bit... Till I fell back to sleep... and I woke up again...

Well... Part one done... My son is up and should be gone in a few minutes... then Ethan up in 30 minutes and gone in 40... He isn't hard to get ready unless there is attitude... Then it is wait till Hailey wakes up and get her in the tub... dressed fed and off to school... Usually she has been sleeping late... So... I may have to wake her... She was still coughing and running fever 2 nights ago... But lat night held her own... The dr said it wasn't something to give antibiotics for she just had to ride it out... No sign of infection... The fevers have been known to come and go...
Just have to watch her... So if she comes up with fever we just keep her home again... They sent a message home to keep all children home with any signs of flu... It ha been pretty bad here...

Time to take meds... and read... See I talk too much lol...

Take care... Love Jan/Dakota

rudyandirmouse replied to angelswife's response:
Good Tuesday everyone. I hope your day is going well and that you are not dealing with fibro issues or pain.

It's cold here. The high today will only by 30 and tonight down in the teens, again. But it will begin to warm up a bit in a day or two so I can deal with the cold now.

Just walked in the door from two early morning appointments and am heading out the door to meet MBF for a birthday lunch. I hate to have to layer as I look so heavy, but man it's cold out there!

DH and I went to the movies last night and Saturday. Saw DJANGO Saturday and Gangster Squad last night. I didn't care for either one to be honest. I had seen an earlier version of Gangster Squad made in the 70's I think and because of that I thought this one was too close and a knock off film. A whole lot of blood and gore for me. And as an Historian DJANGO's
" historical " plot was laughable. But don't let what I think keep you from seeing either one.

I have to close this here because I due @ the resturant in about 20 minutes.

Sending hugs to all.. Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was (big slap in the face) cold this morning. -23! It was above zero today and oly -14 for tonight, 20's later in the week. It will feel like t-shirt weather after this last batch.

I had a long day today. I had to work 2hrs late to help out. Things could be worse. Others were still there when I was allowed to go.

I still have issues with my back, ever since late November according to my journal. It has gotton no worse but no better. I am trying to be thakfull for that.

My spirit is a little better. We had dinner with my family the other day and that perked me up. I don't see them enough for living so close. I sometimes feel crazy. The last few days have been rough, but I am on the mend inside my head at least. The wife reached out. That meant a lot.

Have a good night you good people.

Cory

Wolfsong452 responded:
well almost the end of the day, super cold here, only time I went outside was to dinner with a friend. Same old place, chinese food,

oh well, now tomorrow I'm off for that good ole mammogram.

yeah! the once a year torture! sheesh, hurt enough the way it is, now I'm going to have to deal with this.

oh well, what's one more!

so everyone have a good night sleep

Anon_408 replied to booch007's response:
Can you scan or save it to an external hard drive, it could be kept separate from your computer?

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.