Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chronic EVERTYTHING!
Wolfsong452 posted:
Chronic Rotator Cuff can't be fixed, , Tendonitis both arms still in the works, needing surgery for meniscus tear inner and outer knee, (right knee) ACL tear-all 3 chambers with Arthrtits on the left knee,along with a bunch of other things that I don't remember, other than strongly possibly total knee replacment.

Decided to try for gastric by pass surgery, haven't made the appointment yet. This would help my knee problem, this or the knees means time off from work, I do have short term disability.

Also wanting to get a bunch of dental work, buy some furniture, nothing fancy, chest of drawers, sofa, new dishes etc.

wanting to get my home equity loan paid off, only $13,000. Got a friend who's helping me pay this off, they said, we'd talk about paying back once it's paid off.

I also need to buy a new or newer car,

Once this is done I"m wanting to sell my house and move into a condo, yet where I'm wanting to move is other side of town away from my father. I'm the only family member that still lives close to my father. I don't want to get a condo on my side of town.

I talked to a friend of mine who's a finanical manager for a car dealership. Not talking to them due to the car, just for budgeting advice.

yeah right, with my pay check, it sounds like none of this going to be done with in the next 5 years. Or more. not my goal, I was hoping to have this done in less than 2 years.

seeing this all written down makes it depressing,

I know I know, take one thing at a time.

ok, where first? there are some big dollar items there, would take some time to pay off, yet, again, don't do the small things as there's enough of them that would interfer with getting the bigger items paid off sooner.

oh bother, thanks for allowing me to vent.

dollbug responded:
Hello Sharon.....missed you....MiMi in NC...where in the world have you been???? You know....there are lots of people who join our group and post for a while and then Poof, they are no longer here. I am so glad to hear from you.

Well...it sounds like you have lots going on with you.
I am so sad that you have so much going on with your health issues. Have you tried taking a joint supplement yet? Surely there is something out there that will help you cope better.

I can also understand the *financial issues*....when I was laid off back in 2005, 2 days after I had surgery...I was left *high and dry*...no income for a very long time. I had paid for long term disability where I worked and since I had filed a worker's compensation claim...they did not process the paperwork on this for me...and then they decided to wrongfully deny my workman's comp claim as well. I ended up having to apply for disability and was turned down the first time. I appealed the decision though and was finally approved...having a little bit of income is better than having nothing at all. It is sad when things like this take place.

OK...so perhaps you need to buy a *lottery ticket*? This is the only thing I can think of that *might work*...heck someone has to win. It only takes 1 ticket to win. So perhaps a dollar or two here and there when the lottery is high.

Sorry, I wish I had better advice. Know that you are NOT alone in this though...at least you have a job and are working right now. There are lots of people who do not have a job or any income. Things have to get better.

I was reading last night about a petition on employers doing *credit checks* on people who are trying to find a job...what exactly do companies think people can do WHEN they have no income and have been unable to pay their bills? The money tree does not *produce money*....but I guess companies do not realize what is going on.

Try not to get depressed. Take it one day at the time and do what you can and try not to worry about the rest. I know this is really hard to do...but I have no other *ideas* right now.

It would be good if we all could think up a way to have a GREAT idea that would help us financially. I can remember the old saying...the rich get richer and the poor gets poorer...this is still so very true.

OK...perhaps someone else might have a better idea.

Anyway....I am glad that you posted....please keep us updated on how things are going with you.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Wolfsong452 replied to dollbug's response:
yeah thanks Mimi,

I know I"ve been here and gone recently, I blame most of it on getting relocated on my job, I had made some mistakes, ok, my fault, shouldn't let the stress get to me.

So I got relocated, this really really bothered me, making me feel like a failure.

Yet, in the long run is probably the better job, bad thing is the 3rd shift hours.

I haven't had the money to do some joint supplements, but now that things are a bit more stable I'm going to try it.

Especially since I realized how much money I was wasting on dumb things.

The good thing is finally my PCP (new one) is trying to do something about certain things. Hurray, I've gone some results on my knees. Some results on my wrist that has been swollen for over a year.

Sometimes just having someone actually try to find out what's wrong, can make all the difference.

Even if we found out like with FM or my shoulder, that it's a coping skill, then hey! at least I know what's going on!

I'm kind of dating a new guy, due to him working on a comission we've probably only had 3 real dates, but, that's to the internet, we have daily communication, multiple times a day.

Old Boyfriend is sometimes around, yet, I've given up waiting on him. IF he wants to come around go out to dinner etc. Then that's fine, nothing serious for either the new one or old one. Maybe that's better.

So. right now I'm not expecting anything from anyone. That seems to be a moving on thing in my life. So, that's good,

feeling failure getting relocated on my job, heck, that was back in June, dog dying, heck, that was back in Sept. move on,

I think I am.

I think getting the knees done, and some attempt on doing something with my Chronic Tendonitis on my arms might help take away from of the constant flaring of the FM,

Maybe that's what keeping my FM flared up. Might always keep my FM flared,

but knowing what's happening, SOMETIMES MAKES all the difference.

The thing with allowing my friend to take over the loan payments bothers me, yet also takes a load off my; mind. Yet, I should be able to TAKE CARE OF MYSELF.

egads,

Don't worry MiMi, I won't go away again.

This place really does help. Forgive me for staying away.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
461 of 536 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.