Skip to content
Thursday *****1/24/2013 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC...and the *SNOW* word is back in the forecast for Friday....OMG...and this time the ground is very cold so who knows what may or may not take place. It is wintertime though and what will be will be as there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us.

I have to laugh sometimes, as I think the older I get, the more I learn about things in general. It is quite interesting some of the things that just happen to pop up in my life....some that I am forced to deal with and some that I can just ignor....Life is indeed one big puzzle of events...and some we can figure out and others we can not put all of the pieces together regardless of how hard we try.

So it seems that WebMD has made some changes here....and there are no moderators now....from what I have learned on the back pain community...I guess they have decided that there are enough *adults* to be ok with letting it be self contained, as I would call it. It is so funny as I have always felt that *communication and training* is what makes the world go round....IF PEOPLE WOULD USE IT. Please know though that this is just my own opinion.

Welcome to the new members who have joined this unique FM support group....I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which takes time and effort...and only you can decide what is working or not for you.

I would like to encourage everyone to remember to speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked...which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses according to the medical researchers which have studied this.
The good thing about this is it is a cheap fix and it does the body good in some cases.

OK....that's all folks.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dakotaspirit1957 responded:
Hi All... Good morning... I am having a good day just doing my Parkinson's Dance little more then usual... The dragon might have let up a bit and I seem to have some energy back... My pain let me out of bed without a scream this morning... First time I rose without a song for a long long time.. And I think I am hungry... Now that's something to sing praises about... lol...

I have chore one done of the day even tho I went back to sleep at my first alarm and woke up for the second... I managed to get my son up on the third alarm... and my grandson is already awake and was watching tv... He is my fourth and fifth alarm... get up and go to school lol...

In among those alarms are my alarms to take my meds... And today I have to get ready to go out for the afternoon... pack up my painkillers... Muscle relaxers... Anxiety pills.. don't forget them lol... Insulin and glucometer... having fits with that again... Sugar too high and crashing on it own...

Before I go I have to return a call to my gastroenterologist
and return their call I missed yesterday... It was my Dr checking on my colitis which luckily is gone... and telling me to reschedule an appointment a he wont be in that morning... So he found an earlier time... He is a great Dr... So personal... He is always calling to see how I am... Even when he doesn't see me for 3 months...

I am not as anxious this morning about the meeting... I am a person-person... I love people and love to help people... This is just just another opportunity to be myself and help others...
I enjoy coming here and hope I am helpful... But it is wonderful to do it in person and actually see the results in someones life... I use to run a divorce group I created in Minnesota yrs ago... It was great... At the same time I was in alanon... and loved helping there... Then I got cancer and had to let go of it all...

I do have a lot of people skills... And have a lot of way to help others... I know this... It is just easier now without having to go out and without the risk of rejection or judgement... I have faced that again with my close few friends and a couple have shied away... At least I haven't heard from them since I told them I am going deaf... Perhaps they have hit their dealing point... I have thought of calling them and giving them one last try... But part of me says just to let go...

Well... no matter how it works out today... I have here to come to... And I am so grateful... I will never forget your kind words to me when I first joined when I was ready to end my life to end this pain... For nothing was going to end it I was told... I think of that every time I get that low... or even close to that low...

I thank you again... and take care... Do something special for yourself today and every day... for you are special...

Love... Jan/Dakota

angelswife responded:
Hi Mimi!
I just got back from the dentist. Turns out all the pain is from an exposed ligament because the socket didn't heal properly. There was a cavity in the root canal tooth, but she was able to clean it out herself. There was no infection anywhere, which is a relief. Now I can get rid of these darn antibiotics!

She said the hole could take several months to close. She gave me a prescription for the pain, which can be intense. The ligament pain is just like nerve pain, and it's even sensitive to heat and cold. When it gets going the pain radiates through my head and my jaw and it's very sharp. It makes a migraine look tame by comparison. But it will be easier to deal with now that I know what it is.

Now it's on to the next thing...I have to take a friend to the hospital to find out her test results. She might have a brain tumor. Her husband, so help me, couldn't take her because he has to WORK, (good grief) so she asked me. She really wanted him to go. I think he should be there, especially if it's bad news. Sometimes you need a partner instead of a friend.

Hope everyone's having a good day. I have to grab some lunch and run.

dakotaspirit1957 replied to angelswife's response:
Angelswife... I am praying for your friend... Hope it is good news... Bless you... Love... Jan/Dakota

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.