Skip to content
TGIF******Roll Call ****1/25/2013*****SNOW
dollbug posted:
TGIF****and a good day to each of you....MiMi in NC...where the forecast is snow for today....and actually it has already began....schools are closing 3 hours early....the grounds are already really cold and they starting getting ready for this yesterday....I can only hope it is shortlived....that it snows and then it melts and we are back to normal again....but then I also have to wonder...what exactly is *normal*....does anyone really know?

OK....so this is our last roll call for January...my...how the time does fly by when we are having so much fun....one month ends and another begins.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope that today will be a good day for all of us as well. I did sleep ok...until the phone sounded this morning....not a good way to start one's day...or at least it is not for me.

I am grand dog sitting starting today and Alec is also turning 6 years old on Sunday....my it is hard for me to believe that he is this old....Noah is already 3....and my grand daughter is already 8...I am sure she has grown up so that I just might not know her. I continue to hope and pray that things will work themselves out and that I will soon be allowed to see her. I love and miss her so.

Welcome to the new members who have joined us recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...it does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort...there are no quick fixes....and for the most part there is nothing which we can label a *miracle cure*...as there is no cure for FM.

Please check out the info here though under *tips* and *resources*....I am sure that you will find some good *tools to try*....which may or may not help you....only you will know when you have found the right combination which works for you.

Vitamin D....be and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well...and the best thing is that *it is a cheap fix*....but again it does take time and effort to get your level back up within nomral range. (this can also vary as well, depending upon where you get the info).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Friday.

Have a great day....hopefully with little to no pain.

Remember also to hug your children and grandchildren.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good morning FMily. I hope that your yesterday was good and that today is going well. I hope that you havn't had a lot of fibro issues or pain. Winter is so hard on those of us with fibro so I am wishing each a you a fibro issue and pain free day.

We were supposed to have an ice event last night, but the weather was just above freezing so we got rain. Whew!

I have to out in a little bit and thank goodness this rain will be stopping, so they say, just about the time I have to be out the door. I have to go to talk to my allergy doctor because the medication he gave me ( a sample ) works so well, no migrain symptoms at, that I just have to use it But when I went to pick up my script I found out my co pay was 88 dollars for one month's worth and my insureance will only pay part of it for one more time then the 188 dollars a month will fall on me. So way to pricey for m, " So what else do you have that's close?" will be my first question.

After that just a quick stop @ TJMAX - Marshalls to see what they have at a good price in pants/ jeans. Then the market for a few things and then home. It will be cold out there but no snow or ice and that is something to be very grateful for in January.

And so far, the past two weeks, my fibro issues have been mild. It hate winter so much because bad fibro issues and pain go hand in hand. Spring is my repreve from fibro and summer I foget I even have it, so when we have a good weather event here I am so grateful.

Okay my best to everyone, have a good day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R.

katmandulou responded:
Happy Friday!

Cold again here, it's 17? and going all the way up to 26 today. DH went to his mother's house to get her mail and newspapers last night - she didn't even want to go out to get them, and didn't have her usual Thursday lunch with the girls. And they're forecasting 50? for next Wed!!!!!!

I had a good yoga class last night, and the instructor asked me when I was going to start knitting classes. With my design business idle, I might as well, right? I'm working on a plan this morning, then taking the rest of the day off.

I can tell I'm heading into a flare, and I see the rheumy next Wed. I'm maxed out on my meds, and I really don't want to take more, so I'm hoping to be able to relax it away. Time will tell.

I wish you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

Anon_10089 replied to katmandulou's response:
Lou-

With all the stuff you had happen with your health, I'm not surprised you're heading for a flare. My body kind of does a delayed reaction thing. I'll be very busy and expect a flare, but I'll feel okay in the days following. Then a few weeks later, it will hit me.

I have also noticed this with emotional events. I think I'm fine and processing it well, but then the physical affects will hit me.

I think you're right with the rest. Now that I kind of know my body's patterns, I will rest even if I feel okay. If I have been too busy for what I know my body can take or if I have gone through something distressing, I will purposefully rest more to try to head it off. It seems to work pretty well.

Either way, I hope you feel better!

fibroinsd responded:
Good afternoon/ evening..

a rainy day around these parts..but at least not as cold as other parts of the country..

hope you all are ok..I am hanging in there..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

crystalscats responded:
Well snowed here all day. Closed schools at noon. It wasn't suppose to start until late in day so I was out went it started. It was done by 7pm. We had a couple inches the other day too. But by Wed it's supposed to warm up. Yes!

My doc changed my meds. I am off the Savella and Cymbala. I am taking 300 mg 2x per of Gabentin and 25 mg Elavil at night. I now take the Fibro Responce 2x per day with my Vit D too. Thank you MiMi for the Fibro Responce & D I think both are helping and happy to be on less meds! And no side effects. He also put me back on low dose Prednisolone and methotrxate.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.