Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ******COLD****with SNOW****and a MESS****1/26/2013 ***
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....it is Saturday and cold....I mean COLD...and there is snow...not a lot but enough to make a BIG MESS...hopefully though the temps will get high enough to melt it....but I am not sure that it will be dried before nighttime...OMG...let's hope so...it is not a good thing more me....I am dog sitting and have to get out in this...I was really careful yesterday....my DH said I should have gotten in the car instead but I opted to walk up there instead of getting on the road...I was able to take my time and not worry about sliding on ice...OK...I am not sure I can do this again this morning but I guess we will see....as I am sure Lucy is ready to go out again.

My younger son and his family left the state and got into even more snow...not a good thing either. It was her grandparents 60th wedding anniversary though....so it was important...I will feel better once they have gotten back though...so much can happen in bad weather.

I was able to see good last night...and I think I am finally getting rid of whatever I had...I had it too long....a hacking cough and sore throat...it went from one side to another and back...I hate having sore throats...I did try the Pepto which I think stalled it for a bit....but it soon overpowered me and won.
If I had the same thing that DH had then I came out better than he did...as mine was very low key compared to what he had.

In the past month I have increased my Omegas....I take the Salamon oil instead of the Fish oil....I think this has indeed helped me. I am not sure that I take enough since I am dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Alec birthday is tomorrow and he is having a party....I ordered him a Star Wars cake and cupcakes for his little friends...the cupcake will have a Star Wars ring on them for each of them to take home. I think he will like this. He wanted a party and he wanted to invite his entire class...yes...a lot of little 6 year olds...only about 8 responded though...which is probably about average. My daughter wondered just how many would show up and still we have no idea...she did put an RSVP on it so hopefully the ones who plan to attend would let her know....but we happen to know that people DO NOT always respond. Something about it...perhaps they do not know what RSVP means? I have no idea. BUT I do know that 3 wedding we had more people showed up than was planned but that was ok...because we figured this would happen and it did.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our unique FM support group....I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better...it does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of *tools* that will help you cope better....so hang in there...there is no miracle cure that I know of....but I still have hope that one day there just might be.

Vitamin D....has been a magical thing for me....and I continue to remind everyone to make sure you speak to your doctor about this...low Vitamin D is common for a lot of people these days and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I take the Source One with extra D - 50 + brand....it is $6 at walmart. I think it is the best that I have found in a very long time.

Here is hoping every one will have a good day....with little to no pain....Stay warm if you can....and remember to make sure your animals are safe too.

That's all.

Remember to hug your children and grandchildren.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

angelswife responded:
Good Morning, Mimi!
Haven't been on much---I've had a busy week. It was so cold I didn't go out much; instead I made lots of soups and a nice crockpot beef stew. I made some 16-bean chili again yesterday also. Our freezer is nice and full now!

I can't remember if I told the FMily I finally got to the bottom of the tooth issue. I'd gone to the surgeon first, thinking it was the socket--he said it wasn't and he shipped me back to my regular dentist. He told me that a root canal tooth had decay and needed another root canal, and he didn't do that. So I went to see my regular dentist a couple of days later.

My dentist looked at the X-rays, heard what the other dentist had said, and shook her head. She said the roots were fine. The tooth did have a cavity, which took her all of ten minutes to fill, but that wasn't causing the pain. The culprit, she said, was the SOCKET, as I'd originally thought. It didn't heal correctly and the ligament is exposed. The ligament acts just like an exposed nerve, and the pain can get severe. It was nice to know what the real problem was. My dentist was not pleased at the other one saying I needed another root canal, especially since my problem was easy to spot.

Anyway, she gave me a prescription for the pain, which has been pretty intense. She said the socket would heal but it might take several months. I can deal with the pain better now that I know what's causing it. It was harder to take when I had no clue and I was worried about having an infection.

Aside from that and cooking, I've also finally gotten back to painting the kitchen. It feels so good to get back to doing things, even if I'm doing them slowly. I got one wall done this week. After I finished painting the wall I realized how shabby the trim and baseboards looked, so I ended up painting them too. Just getting that one wall done makes the kitchen miles brighter.

I have plenty of time for painting, so I'm not worrying about getting it done quickly. It feels good to be able to work at my own speed and rest when I need to rest. I am doing a super deep cleaning of each area I paint. The place should look like a million bucks by the time I finish it up.

Today I will be doing the walls by the stove. Husband has to move the stove and part of the counter area to check for holes, because we have rats now. They are living in the landlord's garage and coming up through the walls into our kitchen. I wasn't planning on painting today, but figure I might as well while everything's moved out. The walls will be a lot easier to get to.

Time to fix some breakfast and get busy...Husband is already sprawled on the couch in front of the TV and I need to "convince" him to get up and moving. A nice omlette should do the trick.

booch007 responded:
Morning Fmily and our dear Mimi,

I too used the Pepto trick and I have to say 2 days of 2-3 lozengers and I fought the beginning of that cold and didn't get sick. She was a gem of a doc!

Sore throat was the start and i went and bought the lozengers and in the car I opened it and started....this was after food shoppping that i started to get sick .

Spent the last 2 nights out and about after work with my sons'. Mike had a lecture on saving plans for college that was good for me to start something for the grandchildren...going to do it (529?) something like that...I can use it as tax free money for the girls for school in the future and it lowers my tax bracket.
A WIN WIN from the start.

In other news, the boys were given an award for best businessmen in our county in the "best 40 under 40y/o" Big party last night. So proud.

To see your kids with their spouses and everyone knowing them and watching the interaction and dynamic...good stuff. I was painfree sitting there.

Stupid though, thought she could dance.....NO..NO dancing after working all day ON A FRIDAY!! I know better. A few wiggles and I stopped right away as the dragon bit me...I sat and today arms are a mess from clapping and the dang dancing. P A C E , mantra for the day.

You know you get caught up in the moment and your MIND wants to go and the BODY says...N O P E ! Crap!

The weekend has little in it other then staying warm, I put an order in for oil...interested in the cost right now at peak season....Hmm. Haven't got it yet...waiting 3 days now. I am half a tank and that is OK....I don't like it lower.

So, stay warm everyone and know as Mimi said.......SPRING is just around the corner....I can smell the lilac bush!

(OK it is the yankee candle air freshener plugged in, in the bathroom! BUT oyu know what I mean!)

Try and find a project to do...get your minds UP and OUT...distract baby distract....I might head to the Christmas tree shop this weekend to look* around at all the stuff.......

Good day / Better day to all...Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday FMily. I hope your are well and that you have a day that has no fibro issues or pain.

It's not as cold here today, 49 by 1, and we have sunshine so it feels warmer than it is. The ice was a problem yesterday morning up north or us, today it was freezing fog. Tonight will cold, 28, but by Wednesday of next week it will 70. I'm liking that.

Have errands to run, 2 places close at 1 today so will not stay on here very long.

Nancy, I too tried the Pepto 2 a day for 3 days and I am sure it's halping ward off the cold I thought I was getting but don't feel like it now. Thanks for wonderful tip.

MiMI, birthday wishes going out to your grandson. I have my little ones birthday coming soon so know how much fun watching them can be.

angelswife, I am so glad you have an answer to why the tooth pain and discomfort. Really sorry it will be awhile before the pain is gone.

I guess I should close this here and get up and moving while the thought to do so is urging me.

Gentle hugs to all with wishes that each of you have a good day.
Linda R.

crystalscats responded:
Good afternoon all. Well called for snow late in day yesterday. I went into Walmart get a few things. Came out around noon and snow had already started and schools were letting out. It snowed until about 7pm. Said cloudy cold today, NOT! It has snowed again all day. Probably good foot of snow between both days, and storm on Wed with snow as well. What can I expect I am in the mountains of WV now. It is beautiful. I didn't have to go anywhere after getting home yesterday.

So since snowed in I have been cooking. Freezer is full here too. My son said something must be working as doing more than I have in long while. I was in an awful flare since the Sunday before Christmas. I think all the stress and I fell.

I have to give kudo's to people on here. I have listened and tried a few things. I do miss Caprice though too. But Vit D is very important. I am now taking the Fibro Responce too and feel it is making a difference too. I take other supplements as well. I really believe they help, have been taking way less ultram for pain. My dear knees though really don't like this weather. My pinky finger on my left hand no longer touches the finger next to it, so starting to extend out from the darn FM.

I am so glad I am off the Cymbalta and Savella now. I am only taking Gabapentin and the Fibro Response with supplments. I talk low dose predisone too for my other probs. I think this combo is finally working as I am feeling better. Now if could just find something for the fatigue! I am taking B vitamins but don't seem to do much for the fatigue doc wants me to take Frolic acid with my supplements too.

Do want the thank you all for the good advice on here. I was in so much more pain. MiMi and Nancy both give great advice. I have also enjoyed conversation with Xperky as she has the R/A as me too. This community as been a God Send to me!

Crystal

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It has finally warmed up here some. We hit the 20's yesterday and although it was cold last night today was sunny and the 20's for a while. It's a welcome change. I had to snowblow yesterday and it was nice not to freeze.

Work threw me for a couple loops the other day. They told me that my schedule for Feb will be my old 12hr shiftwork. 4 on 4 off switching days to nights every rotation. I have to start it off by doing 6 12hr nigh shifts. It's going to be brutal. I am trying to stay positive and see the light at the end of the tunnel. It will bring in extra money. The other loop was that I was told my program ended in March, a year and a half term. They told me wrong as I have 2 years. I have been stresssing and rushing through it to meet a deadline that did not exist. I have worked there half of my life, sometimes I just want to walk, but I won't.

My schedule change opened up time for our annual winter trip to a friends cabin. We will be able to go for a couple of days as apposed to not going at all. The change also puts me out of our Jeep club's annual ice racing event. It's a riot so I will miss that.

My body has been holding up OK. The back thing is unchanged, no better, no worse. My elbow issues I have had for over a year and a half are slowly improving. I thought that would never get better. I am greatful for this.

That's my latest, things are not incredible but they could definately be worse. Momma is making homemade soup and the house smells amazing. Take care everyone.

Cory

Winter is tough for me. I know I have some seasonal depression. I don't have enough to do outside of the house. I desperately need to get my shop built to keep the winter blues away. Distractions are good, I just need more of them.

dollbug replied to crystalscats's response:
Hello Crystal....MiMi in NC...so glad to know that you are trying different supplements and vitamins and something is working for you....it does take time though to get the full potential of how something just might work for you. You have not said just how long you have been on these things....but do allow it at least 6-8 weeks....as long as what you are doing is not making things worse for you.

I took the Magnesium Malate first...and then tried the Fibro Response, after doing some research on these....I now actually use these two regular but I will alternate them and have found that this works....sometimes we have to figure out a way to *trick our brain*....into *thinking* we are doing something different...and I have found that when things seem to quit working like they were that this *method* works for me.

I will also mention that I, too, have bad knees....I have had 4 right knee surgeries....and I have had the synvisc injections several times....which has lasted me over 2 years....which is not normal at all....the PA who does mine says that 6 months is about average for most people...she thought one time that I had decided to go somewhere else....I didn't though....I only call on her when I feel like I need the injections to help me cope better. And I also take joint supplements too. I think both of these actually play a part in helping my knee pain. I injured my knee back in the 80*s at the Atlanta Airport and have had major issues since.

I will also tell you that I take the folic acid myself and I think that this has helped my sleep patterns...don't know exactly IF this is what has helped but I think I have narrowed it down to the Folic Acid. The B 12 might be something that you can try to help the fatigue....I take it but have not really been able to tell a BIG difference....although I can tell a difference when I miss a dose.

Hang in there and continue to do things which you think might help...you never know until you give them a try.

Take care and thanks for sharing this with us.

MiMi

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....MiMi in NC...I am glad that it has finally warmed up to the 20*.....OMG....I could not live where you are. I would have to be finding me a warmer place to stay.

I sure hope that your body will get use to the 12 hour shifts...I guess having the extra time will be a plus for you now. It would be good IF companies would keep you up to date on what they expect of you.....but I also know that a lot of companies do not do this....I continue to say that *Communication and training* makes the world go round, IF only everyone would realize this.

I am also glad that your elbows are better. I have to ask...what do you think has helped them? Did you do something different? Added any supplements? Have you tried the joint supplements?

I think winter is bad on all of us FMers....at least we all know that spring is closer than it has been and getting closer each and every day.....something we can all look forward to.

I hope you will continue to post when you can.

Take care and good luck with your job.

MiMi

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.